Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 24-05-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135059)
Hi i just got retrenched :( any options other than going in house at my pa's company

Sell cookies, do swabbing, keep calm. Or volunteer to be the next Tony Stark. Or paralegal for 3 years. All options lead to a better QoL than being a lawyer

Unregistered 24-05-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135066)
Sell cookies, do swabbing, keep calm. Or volunteer to be the next Tony Stark. Or paralegal for 3 years. All options lead to a better QoL than being a lawyer

What are my real options? Does it include the Big 4?

Unregistered 24-05-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135068)
What are my real options? Does et include Big 4?

Why would you send scrap metadata to them

Unregistered 24-05-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135058)
I do not agree at all. There is no reason for any scolding in the first place in professional setting.

And how do you tell as a junior what is justified or not?

You don't think there is reason for scolding at all in the workplace? You must work somewhere really nice... So I suppose when you send out the affidavit with typos the partner should just go "oh well" and fire your ass straightaway eh?

Unregistered 24-05-2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135074)
You don't think there is reason for scolding at all in the workplace? You must work somewhere really nice... So I suppose when you send out the affidavit with typos the partner should just go "oh well" and fire your ass straightaway eh?

Partners don’t really want to fire people. It’s easy to fire but hard to find a replacement - partner has to justify it to other partners (team has high utilisation, need more people). So in a lot of teams, the team becomes smaller and smaller because people leave and they are not replaced.

In short, juniors are seldom really fired. They are quite valuable - if they are fired, the partner has less people to do work for him/her.

Unregistered 24-05-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135078)
Partners don’t really want to fire people. It’s easy to fire but hard to find a replacement - partner has to justify it to other partners (team has high utilisation, need more people). So in a lot of teams, the team becomes smaller and smaller because people leave and they are not replaced.

In short, juniors are seldom really fired. They are quite valuable - if they are fired, the partner has less people to do work for him/her.

Especially if your own partner doesn't know the law...

Unregistered 24-05-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135074)

Maybe his father is a big shot so he won't get fired. The father may fire the partner from the file

Unregistered 24-05-2020 11:10 PM

Do the FLAs here ever fire or retrench people? I heard some firms have begun pay cuts and retrenchment

Unregistered 24-05-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135078)

they dont want to fire you, thats why they **** you upside down left right center. so you dont be a blur cock next time.

if they want to fire you they don't bother to **** you already

Unregistered 25-05-2020 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135085)
they dont want to fire you, thats why they **** you upside down left right center. so you dont be a blur cock next time.

if they want to fire you they don't bother to **** you already

Don't be a cock can already they won't fire unless you're a non-merit hire. That one need a good excuse to fire.