Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 24-05-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135004)
What happens if the junior fights / shouts back?

Umm, then they'll make you leave by screwing your future by poor references to future employers. Easy. Also law is subjective. So it takes someone who thinks like you to agree on a proposed solution to a legal problem. They can easily say - he does not know what he's doing/useless

Unregistered 24-05-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135004)
What happens if the junior fights / shouts back?

LOL even if your senior is a b**** to work with I don't recommend this.

Unregistered 24-05-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135028)
LOL even if your senior is a b**** to work with I don't recommend this.

Life protip - probation period goes both ways. If within 2 weeks you know that ur boss/colleague/firm is fk up, just start applying around (in your CV say available immediately) then throw letter when you get a new job.

Don't waste time ai mai ai mai pang chance then end up stuck in a fk up place for 1 year. Fk up ppl/firm will always be fk up, no need pai seh, take your talents elsewhere.

Unregistered 24-05-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135027)
Umm, then they'll make you leave by screwing your future by poor references to future employers. Easy. Also law is subjective. So it takes someone who thinks like you to agree on a proposed solution to a legal problem. They can easily say - he does not know what he's doing/useless

Typical weak mindset. The world is your oyster. Firms are mostly competing with each other and won’t call your previous employer to find out how you are, and won’t trust what the other firm says. Just fight back.

Unregistered 24-05-2020 05:00 PM

I like how this forum disses delisted schools. I am a first class and I am better than NUS 2.2s. My knowledge of the law has contributed to the development of legal principles in Singapore. I break the mould. Although I sometimes sad when I get scolded/abused, I am really smart and although my parents took out a loan to pay for my first class (it wasn't easy, I had to work to get a First), and I failed Part A.

What should I? The firm I'm in has said because I failed they may not offer me retention as I have to wait another year. I got a First/high 2.1 though it was a bona fide mistake. I am sure I am better than the average NUS student. It is not because my friends from delisted schools often fail Part A and it is nothing to do with quality. The marking is horrible. I heard NUS also has a high failure rate for advanced corporate practice.

Anyway, I have a friends and buddies as a delisted school student and he also failed Part A but got retained at a mid sized because he's a white horse. They rescinded his training contract but it is still A-okay. In the end he got retained. Look at the unfairness. WHITE HORSE

Unregistered 24-05-2020 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135042)
Typical weak mindset. The world is your oyster. Firms are mostly competing with each other and won’t call your previous employer to find out how you are, and won’t trust what the other firm says. Just fight back.

What an alpha female. I think you are my new hero, Wonder Women.

Unregistered 24-05-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135042)

You must be the niece of the managing partner

Unregistered 24-05-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135043)
I like how this forum disses delisted schools. I am a first class and I am better than NUS 2.2s. My knowledge of the law has contributed to the development of legal principles in Singapore. I break the mould. Although I sometimes sad when I get scolded/abused, I am really smart and although my parents took out a loan to pay for my first class (it wasn't easy, I had to work to get a First), and I failed Part A.

What should I? The firm I'm in has said because I failed they may not offer me retention as I have to wait another year. I got a First/high 2.1 though it was a bona fide mistake. I am sure I am better than the average NUS student. It is not because my friends from delisted schools often fail Part A and it is nothing to do with quality. The marking is horrible. I heard NUS also has a high failure rate for advanced corporate practice.

Anyway, I have a friends and buddies as a delisted school student and he also failed Part A but got retained at a mid sized because he's a white horse. They rescinded his training contract but it is still A-okay. In the end he got retained. Look at the unfairness. WHITE HORSE

So did you get a first class or high 2.1? Very different. Nobody cares how ‘high’ your 2.2 or 2.1 is.

Unregistered 24-05-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135051)
So did you get a first class or high 2.1? Very different. Nobody cares how ‘high’ your 2.2 or 2.1 is.

I got a First Cass Honers. I also went to Hatvatf after that

Unregistered 24-05-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135053)
I got a First Cass Honers. I also went to Hatvatf after that

Lies, you can't even spell. Please proofread