Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 09-01-2019 11:33 AM

Anybody else at the opening address by CJ menon on monday? Will the new "legal technician" role be staffed by fts or even the new suss law school?
Overall I think its positive news as we'll be getting additional support.

Unregistered 10-01-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112966)
Anybody else at the opening address by CJ menon on monday? Will the new "legal technician" role be staffed by fts or even the new suss law school?

Take it with sal

Unregistered 10-01-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112966)

Take it with a lot of salt. Remember that it's also his colleagues who tried to propose scaled fees which didn't went well. A bit too activist imo

Unregistered 17-01-2019 12:19 AM

s://.singaporelawwatch.sg/Headlines/Pathway-to-world-access Thoughts on this guy? Heard assocs dislike working with him

Unregistered 20-01-2019 08:00 AM

What is the difference between mid size and big four?

Is it true that once you are in mid size firm you cannot move to big four?

Unregistered 20-01-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113171)
s://.singaporelawwatch.sg/Headlines/Pathway-to-world-access Thoughts on this guy? Heard assocs dislike working with him

never heard of him

for all his comments about chinese deals in sg, he's clearly not working in the right firms lol

黔驴技穷

Unregistered 20-01-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113263)
never heard of him

for all his comments about chinese deals in sg, he's clearly not working in the right firms lol

黔驴技穷

Well right firms or not, you must admit that a non European, and a chink no less, being hired by Gide loyrette is pretty darn impressive.

Unregistered 22-01-2019 04:42 PM

lawyer's salary for middle sized firms?

Hi,

Does anyone know what the qualifying salary for new associates are in middle sized firms e.g. Eversheds Harry Elias and Tan Rajah & Cheah, and how these may compare to qualifying salaries for associates of the big 4?

Thanks!

Unregistered 23-01-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113291)
Hi,

Does anyone know what the qualifying salary for new associates are in middle sized firms e.g. Eversheds Harry Elias and Tan Rajah & Cheah, and how these may compare to qualifying salaries for associates of the big 4?

Thanks!

Eversheds Harry Elias has aligned the Singapore payscales with our UK counterparts. NQ associates now start on SGD8k.

Unregistered 24-01-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113332)
Eversheds Harry Elias has aligned the Singapore payscales with our UK counterparts. NQ associates now start on SGD8k.

Do you mind sharing where this information is from? I thought their NQs start at SGD5k, last I heard.