Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil/Public Sector - Ministry/Stat Boards employees knowledge needed! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4955-civil-public-sector-ministry-stat-boards-employees-knowledge-needed.html)

boomZ 22-08-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredcookies (Post 144301)
Hi I just went on an interview at NEA last week and they said they will get back to us in 2-4 weeks time. Is that normal? I applied a role as an Engineer. Any replies from other shortlisted candidates? And also, if you know, do you mind sharing the kind of packages they would offer? and the working culture like? I do not want to be low-balled.

Currently working in private, 24 YO, F, about 3.8K gross.

In your application, did you:
1)already put your gross as 3.8k?
2)did you indicate your expected salary?

Also sometimes a good sensing willbe to chat the HR coordinator if how many candidates are being shortlisted for this role. This willbe helpful too. :)

Boredcookies 22-08-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomZ (Post 144308)
In your application, did you:
1)already put your gross as 3.8k?
2)did you indicate your expected salary?

Also sometimes a good sensing willbe to chat the HR coordinator if how many candidates are being shortlisted for this role. This willbe helpful too. :)

Yea i did both on the careers@gov portal.
It was a online interview with the Assistant Manager, Manager and Deputy Director of the dept. Any idea is I do get a 2nd interview, who would be in the panel? 😅

Waiting in agony is whats really nerve wrecking for me right now. Wanted to drop the HR an email but thought it was too soon. Probably send them a follow up email next week. Thank you!

Unregistered 22-08-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredcookies (Post 144309)
It was a online interview with the Assistant Manager, Manager and Deputy Director of the dept. Any idea is I do get a 2nd interview, who would be in the panel? 😅

Waiting in agony is whats really nerve wrecking for me right now. Wanted to drop the HR an email but thought it was too soon. Probably send them a follow up email next week. Thank you!

Realistically speaking, if you’re 24, youve probably only worked a year or so? In that case, assuming you have a degree from a local uni with good honours, you can probably expect 3.3-3.5k. Males only draw about 3.8k and thats with NS included.

boomZ 22-08-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredcookies (Post 144309)

If you have indeed posted a current gross of $3800.00 u probably qualify optimistically for their pay grade. Keep the optimism up :). if you are suitable, they will call you within these 1-2 weeks. Final interview could be their Director. Or if the DD can call the shots, the HR will call you make you an offer.

-side track $3800 is indeed a very good package for a fairly young candidate :)

Boredcookies 22-08-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomZ (Post 144315)
If you have indeed posted a current gross of $3800.00 u probably qualify optimistically for their pay grade. Keep the optimism up :). if you are suitable, they will call you within these 1-2 weeks. Final interview could be their Director. Or if the DD can call the shots, the HR will call you make you an offer.

-side track $3800 is indeed a very good package for a fairly young candidate :)

Hahahahaha I guess? But it comes with a heavy price. 12 hrs shift from Mon to Fri. Sometimes my AM would guilt trip me slightly for not coming to work on weekends. But compared to my other mates from the cohort, those working in pharmaceuticals earn 4K++. I cant do bio for nuts so I dont want to be a pharma slave. But kudos to those who enjoy it can really prosper and even more through this difficult times!

Thanks though for the advise!

Boredcookies 22-08-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144313)
Realistically speaking, if you’re 24, youve probably only worked a year or so? In that case, assuming you have a degree from a local uni with good honours, you can probably expect 3.3-3.5k. Males only draw about 3.8k and thats with NS included.

Damn... I really thought it'll be more though since it is for and Engineer role. But yeah, I have a friend who works at MOM whom offered him 3.4K basic. So I guess in some way the range should fall around there.
Thought i would have a chance with my last drawn salary using my mere 1 year experience as a bargaining chip HAHAHAHA 😂

Thanks again for your reply!

zero_88 24-08-2020 01:58 AM

if I apply for DXO, from unrelated field like app developer

will I get a paycut? assuming my salary is 4.4k now

Unregistered 24-08-2020 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 144383)
if I apply for DXO, from unrelated field like app developer

will I get a paycut? assuming my salary is 4.4k now

Most ppl want to go from public sector to consulting. You in Accenture still want to come public sector?

Unregistered 25-08-2020 11:45 AM

Hi there,

I have just joined SB recently and I would like to check what is the percentage increment for grade C, Grade C+ and Grade B.

Thank you!

Unregistered 15-09-2020 06:06 PM

Wondering

hi there, during pre employment medical check up the doc noticed that my BP is a bit high. Will it affect the job application?