Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil/Public Sector - Ministry/Stat Boards employees knowledge needed! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4955-civil-public-sector-ministry-stat-boards-employees-knowledge-needed.html)

Unregistered 13-01-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127980)
What to expect from a IT Support Technician/Desktop Support working in A-STAR? My very first job, hence I'm curious.

Does A-Star Pays well?

Unregistered 20-01-2020 02:05 PM

Hi, have any one working in public sector ever been "victimised" by your superior when he or she learnt that you are actively looking for a job elsewhere? I am currently working in a public agency and my Dept head seemed to be finding fault with me at every single opportunity possible. Other extra mile efforts beyond my immediate work responsibilities have often been either overlooked or dismissed as my deserved work.

This situation has happened ever since he learnt from HR (for cross reference checking on appropriate timing to release me) that another agency was offering me a position. At that point in time, I had only agreed for the other agency's hr to do a cross reference check with my hr. Subsequently after careful consideration, I turned down the other agency's offer as it was a contract job with no contract renewal for the position I had applied for.

Any kind advice to deal with this kind of situation would be appreciated. Thank you.

Unregistered 20-01-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128204)
Hi, have any one working in public sector ever been "victimised" by your superior when he or she learnt that you are actively looking for a job elsewhere? I am currently working in a public agency and my Dept head seemed to be finding fault with me at every single opportunity possible. Other extra mile efforts beyond my immediate work responsibilities have often been either overlooked or dismissed as my deserved work.

This situation has happened ever since he learnt from HR (for cross reference checking on appropriate timing to release me) that another agency was offering me a position. At that point in time, I had only agreed for the other agency's hr to do a cross reference check with my hr. Subsequently after careful consideration, I turned down the other agency's offer as it was a contract job with no contract renewal for the position I had applied for.

Any kind advice to deal with this kind of situation would be appreciated. Thank you.

That's part and parcel of working life, esp for insecure bosses.

Unregistered 21-01-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128204)

Are you the one who kept asking if can quit in Feb serve notice and still get pb in March?

Unregistered 21-01-2020 12:15 PM

Nope. I am another person and did not ask any qn on the PB earlier which I am not concerned about.

Unregistered 02-02-2020 06:14 PM

How Long will it take for preemployment check

Hi I went for my preemployment medical checkup. It’s going to be about 2 weeks now and still no reply from anyone. I’ve been offered the job already,verbally. Now I’m very worried I’m not getting the job.

Unregistered 04-02-2020 07:50 PM

Don't worry, you're anot alone. I went for my medical on 20 Jan and have not heard anything back yet. Just have to give them a bit more time I guess

Unregistered 16-02-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128059)
Does A-Star Pays well?

Not for corporate back office

Unregistered 19-02-2020 02:13 PM

HDB System Analyst

Anyone work in HDB as a system analyst (ISG dept) before? Care to share your experience? Eg How's the culture, work life balance, is the tech used current etc. Thank u!

Boredcookies 21-08-2020 10:58 PM

Hi I just went on an interview at NEA last week and they said they will get back to us in 2-4 weeks time. Is that normal? I applied a role as an Engineer. Any replies from other shortlisted candidates? And also, if you know, do you mind sharing the kind of packages they would offer? and the working culture like? I do not want to be low-balled.

Currently working in private, 24 YO, F, about 3.8K gross.