Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 10-03-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158405)
How much you expect to get for bank ops?

I know for a fact ops in bulge brackets start at mid 4k to 5k+

Unregistered 10-03-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158417)
I know for a fact ops in bulge brackets start at mid 4k to 5k+

Nope, low 4k at most.

Of course cannot compare BO with FO lah. If local bank can offer 3.8k for ops vs low 4s at BB I would say it isn't so bad. Put it this way, if you could have gotten into ops at those BBs you wouldn't be waiting all day long for DBS to get back.

Unregistered 10-03-2021 01:28 PM

Aiya guys stop arguing over some stupid salary. 3.8k is more than sufficient for anyone to lead a normal life already.

This kind of situation got job can already, still complain sia

Unregistered 10-03-2021 01:32 PM

Anyway sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but seems like the offers for DBS graduation ops have already been released to all the shortlisted candidates and if you have not been contacted, you most likely did not make the cut.

For those who did not get shortlisted, don't fuss too much about this, try again elsewhere!

Job market now is bad, but don't give up - Keep trying, trying and trying and eventually you will get what you want!

Unregistered 10-03-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158429)
Anyway sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but seems like the offers for DBS graduation ops have already been released to all the shortlisted candidates and if you have not been contacted, you most likely did not make the cut.

For those who did not get shortlisted, don't fuss too much about this, try again elsewhere!

Job market now is bad, but don't give up - Keep trying, trying and trying and eventually you will get what you want!

Yes guys. Don't be demoralized if you get rejected. I've faced so many rejections over and over again since end of last year until I've finally managed to find a job I like.

JIAYOUS!

Unregistered 10-03-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158379)
got the offer earlier this evening! but don’t know whether to take it up because of all the negative things i’ve heard about banking ops :( anyone can advice?

Manual and routine work. Poor career outlook and progression. Even the more interesting and fulfilling roles in ops suffer from the negative reputation of the ops division. But hey it is better than nothing.

Unregistered 10-03-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158468)
Manual and routine work. Poor career outlook and progression. Even the more interesting and fulfilling roles in ops suffer from the negative reputation of the ops division. But hey it is better than nothing.

3.8k is slightly above the median for fresh grads good enough lah. Other banks pay more also (as what others have mentioned).

Make VP or ED in Ops also can make comfortable $$$

Unregistered 10-03-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158419)
Nope, low 4k at most.

Of course cannot compare BO with FO lah. If local bank can offer 3.8k for ops vs low 4s at BB I would say it isn't so bad. Put it this way, if you could have gotten into ops at those BBs you wouldn't be waiting all day long for DBS to get back.

Hard truths. Need to look elsewhere I guess...

Unregistered 10-03-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158472)
Hard truths. Need to look elsewhere I guess...

Some BBs pay high 4Ks

Unregistered 10-03-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158474)
Some BBs pay high 4Ks

Dreaming lah. GS only pays their credit risk low to mid 4k, how to pay BO even low 4k?