Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 24-02-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80344)
I applied for T&O. No verbal offer at all.

when was ur panel interview?

Unregistered 24-02-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80346)
when was ur panel interview?

Last month.

Unregistered 25-02-2016 03:09 AM

got an offer here (after around 2months of processing + interviews).
signing on fri leh

Unregistered 25-02-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80372)
signing on fri leh

Signing under which track?

Unregistered 25-02-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80372)
signing on fri leh

when did u receive verbal? dec?

Unregistered 25-02-2016 05:39 PM

lucky for the guy to sign tmr,
I just received a call stating that offer rescindered due to global economic downturn.
great relief, hahaha

Unregistered 25-02-2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80422)
I just received a call stating that offer rescindered due to global economic downturn.
great relief, hahaha

Oh and bye this forum,
miss u guys,hahahha

Unregistered 25-02-2016 08:33 PM

I just did my video interview for T&O on Monday.

It's so horrible hearing DBS rescinding offers. I think anyone who experienced this should go and speak to your career counsellor. DBS rescinded my summer internship offer last year and I told my career counsellor about it and she went to talk to DBS and eventually they re-offered me back but I rejected them for another offer in the end.

Unregistered 25-02-2016 09:12 PM

if u have read the recent news, dbs have increase 20% in the 4Q.
sound like a good thing right?

but u continue read the news. the last part say it will cut the hiring and lower down the increment pay for the year.

Unregistered 25-02-2016 10:19 PM

sry to hear that....

Deutsche Bank is doing extremely bad recently( everybody knows it right) but they didnt revoke any offer for their grad prog.as far as i know,vp level got cut,not.the.junior ones.

i think dbs doesnt value GAP and they didnt revoke any MAP,so i doubt whether they will got hires in the future.

Unregistered 25-02-2016 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80445)
sry to hear that....

Deutsche Bank is doing extremely bad recently( everybody knows it right) but they didnt revoke any offer for their grad prog.as far as i know,vp level got cut,not.the.junior ones.

i think dbs doesnt value GAP and they didnt revoke any MAP,so i doubt whether they will got hires in the future.

i agree, thats why so many ppl say not worth join gap cuz u be treat like direct hire. never be future leader as map

Unregistered 25-02-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80422)
great relief, hahaha

why did they called you out of sudden? you got any form of offer beforehand?

Unregistered 26-02-2016 12:44 AM

woa, dbs did this.....anyone else got offers now?

Unregistered 26-02-2016 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80452)
woa, dbs did this.....anyone else got offers now?

finished my panel interview (SME) this week, waiting for results which i was told will be released within the next 2 weeks. Good experience during the interview, nothing too stressful, I feel it was more of a culture and fit interview than competency.

Unregistered 26-02-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80453)
finished my panel interview (SME) this week, waiting for results which i was told will be released within the next 2 weeks. Good experience during the interview, nothing too stressful, I feel it was more of a culture and fit interview than competency.

congrats for ur panel interview. hope u impressed them greatly.but be careful abt their offer, make sure ask them for exact date. yup i am the rescindered man, back again.

Unregistered 26-02-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80465)
congrats for ur panel interview. hope u impressed them greatly.but be careful abt their offer, make sure ask them for exact date. yup i am the rescindered man, back again.

Mr Rescindered,

why did they called you out of sudden? you got any form of offer beforehand? And which track were you under?

Unregistered 26-02-2016 02:57 PM

I think he got a verbal offer from HR months ago, then offer got rescinded recently

Unregistered 26-02-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80490)
I think he got a verbal offer from HR months ago, then offer got rescinded recently

I see, so it's that guy. Cause he seems anxious after he had the verbal offer for quite some time, yet seems okay after they rescinded his offer.

Unregistered 26-02-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80492)
I see, so it's that guy. Cause he seems anxious after he had the verbal offer for quite some time, yet seems okay after they rescinded his offer.

ofc he is not okay, really sorry for those whose offers got rescinded.

Unregistered 26-02-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80490)

I agree, recently saw a friend had the same situation. Guess they all got same problems. sry for them.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 09:22 PM

Anyone knows if Graduate Associates get any overseas opportunities?

Unregistered 27-02-2016 11:25 PM

really? offer and rescind? and the worse thing about this is that application is still open.

Unregistered 28-02-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80550)
really? offer and rescind? and the worse thing about this is that application is still open.

Yes, I can verify that. they rescinded offers a few years back but due to loss revenue. It's weird that they do this when there is 20% increase as previous post mentioned.

Unregistered 01-03-2016 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80453)

Eh me too. I also did my panel interview for SME banking on Friday. I got a feeling they wouldn't hire a lot though. Interview itself was rather friendly, and more of fit-based. But they kind of keep rescheduling back the interview backwards, and it only has 2 interviewers compared to 3 last week (from my friend). Good luck mate.

Unregistered 01-03-2016 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80640)
Eh me too. I also did my panel interview for SME banking on Friday. I got a feeling they wouldn't hire a lot though. Interview itself was rather friendly, and more of fit-based. But they kind of keep rescheduling back the interview backwards, and it only has 2 interviewers compared to 3 last week (from my friend). Good luck mate.

Hi there, it's me. I don't think the number of interviewers is an issue... For my case there were 3 interviewer, 1 credit analyst side 1 RM and 1 hr. I'm dying for their reply because I want it so badly, this job hunt is really draining on the final semester. Recent discussion on them rescinding offers are not very encouraging as well. Do u know how many applicants are there and how many they are hiring?

Unregistered 01-03-2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80641)
Hi there, it's me. I don't think the number of interviewers is an issue... For my case there were 3 interviewer, 1 credit analyst side 1 RM and 1 hr. I'm dying for their reply because I want it so badly, this job hunt is really draining on the final semester. Recent discussion on them rescinding offers are not very encouraging as well. Do u know how many applicants are there and how many they are hiring?

Same man. Dying for the job too sigh. Did you went on Friday? I think maybe just nice the RM not free cuz mine only has the HR and credit analyst. I think they had a rather big pool of candidates for final round. From what I know initially there are 4 full days worth of final round candidates, but after that a little unclear cuz certain slots kept getting pushed back. Not sure how many they hiring though.

Unregistered 02-03-2016 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80411)
when did u receive verbal? dec?

I receive the offer on the same week of signing. Monday offered by HR, Friday sign.

I'm from T&O

Unregistered 02-03-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80690)
I receive the offer on the same week of signing. Monday offered by HR, Friday sign.

I'm from T&O

Tech or Ops specifically?

Unregistered 02-03-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80690)

I'm from T&O

Glad you reply me. You know what? I am applying for engineering now, cannot even get an interview after sending out approx 80+ resumes. Why? because all my experience in cv shows that I am an IT guy suitable for banks. It's a mismatch! both technically and personality. I am struggling everyday. I sleep at 2am everyday to send out resume and wake up at 8 am to go to classes. My life ruins...having a bank cv but no more chance to go into banks. How foolish am I?

Unregistered 02-03-2016 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80719)
Glad you reply me. You know what? I am applying for engineering now, cannot even get an interview after sending out approx 80+ resumes. Why? because all my experience in cv shows that I am an IT guy suitable for banks. It's a mismatch! both technically and personality. I am struggling everyday. I sleep at 2am everyday to send out resume and wake up at 8 am to go to classes. My life ruins...having a bank cv but no more chance to go into banks. How foolish am I?

No need to die-die aim for banking jobs. A lot of Singaporeans love banks so much that they will settle for a back office job that pays less than a job in other industries, which is damn stupid.

You can make good money as a programmer. Just need to open your eyes and look for opportunities.

Unregistered 03-03-2016 09:37 PM

Hmm but why would DBS rescind offers when their hiring is still ongoing?? I just received an invitation to go for the panel interview for T&O next week...

Unregistered 03-03-2016 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80769)
Hmm but why would DBS rescind offers when their hiring is still ongoing?? I just received an invitation to go for the panel interview for T&O next week...

finish my video interview on 21 feb.

guess im rejected by now? :(

Unregistered 03-03-2016 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80774)

nope, not necessarily true. it took me 5 weeks to be invited to the panel interview after doing the video interview. good luck!

Unregistered 03-03-2016 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80774)

Im the person who got invited to the panel interview next week. I completed my video interview on 22 feb.

Unregistered 04-03-2016 12:25 AM

I guess they are not cutting headcounts. It's just they want to hire "better" person, plus allow me to guess, if you search LinkedIn profile, you can see all GAP are Singaporean(I've seen about 70 profiles ), cuz you can tell from the names.I don't know why but that cannot be coincidence. i also apply for this program and i just finished video interview, but i don't have too much hope in it because 2 foreign friends i know quite well are rescindered and they are the people who encourage me to apply for this program.

Unregistered 04-03-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80775)
nope, not necessarily true. it took me 5 weeks to be invited to the panel interview after doing the video interview. good luck!

wah 5 weeks?
guess i can only wait.

but i already give up on waiting. just dont put my hope so high. :)

Unregistered 10-03-2016 05:29 PM

Has anyone got the offer for SME Banking yet? Seems very long eh?

Unregistered 13-03-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81118)
Has anyone got the offer for SME Banking yet? Seems very long eh?

When did you go for the interview?

Unregistered 16-03-2016 01:52 PM

Hi I applied for the grad associate prog-sme banking.

I just checked the career portal and they state the application was complete and the content explains there was not a complete alignment.... and I am rejected.

Has my degree anything to do with it? I am from sim-UOL business.

Unregistered 18-03-2016 06:00 PM

Same here (sme banking)... taking so long to reply after the panel interview... anybody received anything or heard anything?