Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 28-07-2019 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121918)
I am the top business graduate from SMU 3 years ago and i did not managed to get in. You this kind inferior uni grad sure no chance one la ....

I guess the SMU students have gotten way better compared to 3 years ago then

Unregistered 28-07-2019 11:55 PM

I think generally a number of us are in a common bind
After a few years of working, we start to firm up what we are looking for
And hope to have a chance to move into our desired industry
And we are more than willing to put in the hours and effort

Unregistered 21-01-2020 01:59 PM

any news on the ops graduate program? I went for the interview recently.

Did any of u applied con-currently to the SME program as well? I heard that sme one hard to get in.

I only received the video interview for ops, does it mean that I am auto rejected for the sme program?

Unregistered 22-01-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128234)
any news on the ops graduate program? I went for the interview recently.

Did any of u applied con-currently to the SME program as well? I heard that sme one hard to get in.

I only received the video interview for ops, does it mean that I am auto rejected for the sme program?

May I know how long did it take for you to be contacted after the video interview?

Unregistered 22-01-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128249)
May I know how long did it take for you to be contacted after the video interview?

2 months since last year.

panel interview is ongoing though for ops
means most likely didn't make the cut

Unregistered 23-01-2020 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121764)
I am in a small malaysian bank, with 1 year of experience.

Am hoping to clock 2-3 more years of experience and hopefully have a chance to be granted an interview for the GA program.

Any advise if they take people with experience?

Why would you wanna clock 2 to 3 yrs of experience and then apply to the GA programme? After 2 to 3 yrs of work experience, you will have qualified for an experienced role in the relevant department.

Unregistered 23-01-2020 07:07 PM

Ops program offers are out.
3.8k but I missed the part if there is a bond or not?

was rejected from the sme program.

wonder if the barrier of entry to the sme program is higher?

anybody can share if Ops as a career got prospect?

Unregistered 24-01-2020 08:40 AM

er ops ah haha go in with an open mind

Unregistered 24-01-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128311)
er ops ah haha go in with an open mind

can share more insights if you are in the program?

Unregistered 25-01-2020 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128262)
2 months since last year.

panel interview is ongoing though for ops
means most likely didn't make the cut

I did my video interview in end Dec. Should I still hope for the best or can I just forget about it

Unregistered 27-01-2020 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128306)
Ops program offers are out.
3.8k but I missed the part if there is a bond or not?

was rejected from the sme program.

wonder if the barrier of entry to the sme program is higher?

anybody can share if Ops as a career got prospect?

ops is a dead end career. backest of back office and whole day do saikang only..
even big 4 audit got more progression for the hours of OT lol

Unregistered 28-01-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128370)
ops is a dead end career. backest of back office and whole day do saikang only..
even big 4 audit got more progression for the hours of OT lol

sounds bad.
gg to me then

Unregistered 31-01-2020 07:57 PM

bump for more insights

Unregistered 16-02-2020 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128456)
bump for more insights

Offers are out already for 1st round

Unregistered 16-02-2020 11:17 PM

Anyone got any idea of how the life is like for people in the SEED program? Like culture, work life, progression etc.

Unregistered 17-02-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128965)
Offers are out already for 1st round

are u from the ops program?

did u accept the offer or still pending background check?

Unregistered 27-02-2020 12:06 PM

sme banking

"Hello there!

My name is Apple and I’m responsible for the Graduate Programme Recruitment in DBS Bank.

It’s been a long wait, so first of all, we would like to congratulate you for completing and progressing through to this stage. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, it’s unfortunate that we will not be holding our long-awaited SME JAM assessment. As such, we will be skipping that SME JAM stage and proceed you to Panel Interview right away.

The 45-minutes Panel interview will be held on Friday, 28th Feb 2020. As it is a full day session, we would like to know if you would prefer a AM or PM session so that we can facilitate the your timeslot (to our best effort)! It will be a virtual panel interview session where you can meet our interviewers at the comfort of your home/school, though you will still need to be properly dressed. Do ensure that you have your laptop (that comes with a webcam) otherwise, you can also use your mobile phone and do have a tripod or sort to hold it for you.

Once your timeslot is confirmed, we will be sending you an email consisting of the link to the virtual interview.

Look forward to hearing from you on your preferred timeslot."

anyone else got this?

Unregistered 29-02-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129415)
"Hello there!

My name is Apple and I’m responsible for the Graduate Programme Recruitment in DBS Bank.

It’s been a long wait, so first of all, we would like to congratulate you for completing and progressing through to this stage. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, it’s unfortunate that we will not be holding our long-awaited SME JAM assessment. As such, we will be skipping that SME JAM stage and proceed you to Panel Interview right away.

The 45-minutes Panel interview will be held on Friday, 28th Feb 2020. As it is a full day session, we would like to know if you would prefer a AM or PM session so that we can facilitate the your timeslot (to our best effort)! It will be a virtual panel interview session where you can meet our interviewers at the comfort of your home/school, though you will still need to be properly dressed. Do ensure that you have your laptop (that comes with a webcam) otherwise, you can also use your mobile phone and do have a tripod or sort to hold it for you.

Once your timeslot is confirmed, we will be sending you an email consisting of the link to the virtual interview.

anyone else got this?

Unfortunately, no :(
Do you mind sharing how the panel interview went? Is it case or fit questions based?
Might help me with my application next week.

Unregistered 29-02-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129415)
"Hello there!

anyone else got this?

Unfortunately no :(
Can you share how the panel interview was like? Was it more case or fit based?
Hoping to apply again next year

Unregistered 02-03-2020 11:24 AM

Just did the sme banking panel interview last Friday like above poster. Does anyone know the usual timeline between that interview and the offer?

Unregistered 03-03-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129531)
Just did the sme banking panel interview last Friday like above poster. Does anyone know the usual timeline between that interview and the offer?

Me too! Mine was in the afternoon. Have not heard from them so far. Do keep us updated please :) thanks

Unregistered 04-03-2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129605)
Me too! Mine was in the afternoon. Have not heard from them so far. Do keep us updated please :) thanks

Did you receive invitation for the next round?

Unregistered 05-03-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129665)
Did you receive invitation for the next round?

I did not. What about you?

Unregistered 07-03-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

So have you heard back from them? Guess it'll take 2-3 weeks for them to reply?

Unregistered 07-03-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

im the guy you quoted earlier haha still haven't heard back - think DBS HR is pretty slow given how long they took in between the video interview and panel. Perhaps they had multiple rounds of panels because of how the AC was skipped?
Hope they get back to us this week! good luck to everyone else waiting on a reply

Unregistered 07-03-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129784)
im the guy you quoted earlier haha still haven't heard back - think DBS HR is pretty slow given how long they took in between the video interview and panel. Perhaps they had multiple rounds of panels because of how the AC was skipped?
Hope they get back to us this week! good luck to everyone else waiting on a reply

I haven't heard back either! Fingers crossed haha

Unregistered 11-03-2020 07:46 PM

Any updates? I heard that a lady that did her interview on 28/02 has already been offered the position last Friday. I’m still patiently waiting for “the call”.....

Unregistered 12-03-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129972)
Any updates? I heard that a lady that did her interview on 28/02 has already been offered the position last Friday. I’m still patiently waiting for “the call”.....

Are you sure the lady wasn't from the ops/tech program? I contacted HR and they said they would get back to me by the end of this week

Unregistered 12-03-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130008)
Are you sure the lady wasn't from the ops/tech program? I contacted HR and they said they would get back to me by the end of this week

yea buddy, i also received the same reply

Unregistered 12-03-2020 03:35 PM

Not too sure but that’s what my friend heard! I emailed the HR too and they said they’ll send out the answers tomorrow too. All the best my fellow buds!!

Unregistered 12-03-2020 06:17 PM

Wow now i'm excited for tmr! Will there be another round of interviews or was the panel interview the final round already?

Unregistered 13-03-2020 02:35 PM

Any private U students got an offer for this graduate program?

Unregistered 13-03-2020 03:12 PM

Anyone got a reply from them already?

Unregistered 13-03-2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130028)
Wow now i'm excited for tmr! Will there be another round of interviews or was the panel interview the final round already?

I got the rejection email today.

"Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Graduate Associate Programme – Operations Singapore (WD).

We have assessed your application and we regret to inform you that we will not be moving forward with your candidature.

This decision will not affect the outcome of your other future job applications with DBS. Your resume will remain active in our database for a year and we will contact you if a suitable position is available in the future.

Once again, thank you for your interest in a career with DBS and we wish you every success in your future endeavors.

Best regards,
DBS Human Resources

Singapore: [email protected]
Hong Kong: [email protected]
India: [email protected]
Taiwan: [email protected]
Indonesia: [email protected]
China: [email protected]

(Please do not reply to this email as it is an automated message and will not reach Human Resources)"

Unregistered 13-03-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130086)
I got the rejection email today.

"Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Graduate Associate Programme – Operations Singapore (WD).

We have assessed your application and we regret to inform you that we will not be moving forward with your candidature.

This decision will not affect the outcome of your other future job applications with DBS. Your resume will remain active in our database for a year and we will contact you if a suitable position is available in the future.

Once again, thank you for your interest in a career with DBS and we wish you every success in your future endeavors.

Best regards,
DBS Human Resources

Singapore: [email protected]
Hong Kong: [email protected]
India: [email protected]
Taiwan: [email protected]
Indonesia: [email protected]
China: [email protected]

(Please do not reply to this email as it is an automated message and will not reach Human Resources)"

sorry to hear that..

any updates for sme banking??

Unregistered 13-03-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130090)
sorry to hear that..

Nope... I still haven't heard anything.

Unregistered 13-03-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130090)
sorry to hear that..

Nope.... anybody heard anything from SME side?

Unregistered 13-03-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130095)
Nope.... anybody heard anything from SME side?

Nope here either. Hoping for an update by EOD

Unregistered 14-03-2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130096)
Nope here either. Hoping for an update by EOD

guess there are no updates :(

Unregistered 14-03-2020 08:02 PM

I think all local banks will freeze hiring and cut headcounts going forward.

this is an unfortunate time to graduate. very little jobs out there with so much uncertainty because of the virus.

not even sure how long this virus will last so companies will try not to hire at such times. when business are bad, there is no need to get so many people