Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 07-02-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79454)
lol please don't give false hope. a month is way too long for a hiring decision, CNY or not

You shouldnt discourage people. I have friends who waited a month at top companies before getting a final decision from the respective companies. And also bear in mind that this is currently CNY week. So Yes 2 weeks may be sufficient but since they have not responded to the aforementioned applicants after the final panel interview, then there is still a chance!
Keep applying for other jobs too instead of resting all hopes on the dbs position. Dont give up! And i wish you all the best! You could also consider contacting them and enquire about the hiring progress (again you may only receive a response after CNY).

Unregistered 08-02-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79502)
You shouldnt discourage people. I have friends who waited a month at top companies before getting a final decision from the respective companies. And also bear in mind that this is currently CNY week. So Yes 2 weeks may be sufficient but since they have not responded to the aforementioned applicants after the final panel interview, then there is still a chance!
Keep applying for other jobs too instead of resting all hopes on the dbs position. Dont give up! And i wish you all the best! You could also consider contacting them and enquire about the hiring progress (again you may only receive a response after CNY).

There is a difference between discouraging and stating a fact. and there is a fine line between being encouraging and giving false hope. I know how much time these people have to make a decision and it is not a month. And the interview was 3 weeks before the CNY week, and unfortunately we are not in China where we shut down for 2 3 weeks in a row for CNY. They do not respond cause they are pending responses from those chosen, not because a decision have not been made.

Unregistered 08-02-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79523)
There is a difference between discouraging and stating a fact. and there is a fine line between being encouraging and giving false hope. I know how much time these people have to make a decision and it is not a month. And the interview was 3 weeks before the CNY week, and unfortunately we are not in China where we shut down for 2 3 weeks in a row for CNY. They do not respond cause they are pending responses from those chosen, not because a decision have not been made.

I'm a hr staff in DBS, and would like to share that the application processing will take slightly over a month. We have a tremendous amount of applicants this time round.

Hope this will help.

Unregistered 09-02-2016 10:00 PM

No news is good news.

I got a phone call last week telling me that I have made it to the panel interview. I did the video interview approximately 1.5 months ago! I guess they didn't manage to sign any contracts with the earlier batch of people... Lucky me!

GXFC people!

Unregistered 14-02-2016 04:17 PM

the GA technology and operation..

what is technology track and operation track?

what each division does?

anyone know?

Unregistered 15-02-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79523)

Wow, it's like what elders would say, "I say one word; you say ten" (I think the other poster replied with don't discourage" perhps should just say, perhaps they were too busy during peak period" - but even so, you do not have to be self-righteous(without knowing better) incidentally there's a reason for it. I don't think your family/friends/colleagues are chatty infront of you right? Coz they say something, you answer them self-righteously. Very discouraging talking to such people. There's some self awareness here for you, bro.

Unregistered 16-02-2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79851)
Wow, it's like what elders would say, "I say one word; you say ten" (I think the other poster replied with don't discourage" perhps should just say, perhaps they were too busy during peak period" - but even so, you do not have to be self-righteous(without knowing better) incidentally there's a reason for it. I don't think your family/friends/colleagues are chatty infront of you right? Coz they say something, you answer them self-righteously. Very discouraging talking to such people. There's some self awareness here for you, bro.

I would just like to take a second and point out how ironic this post is, with all the self righteous talk.

Unregistered 21-02-2016 06:14 PM

so did anyone sign the contract yet??

i am applying for T&O roles

Unregistered 21-02-2016 09:52 PM

SME Banking GAP

From what I know, the SME Banking GA panel interviews has started last Monday (15th Feb) and will continue onwards to this week. Anyone has went last week and care to share more about the panel interview experiences? I heard there are two interviewers (one credit manager and one RM), with one HR in the panel and most questions asked are very fit and get-to-know-you based.

Will really appreciate if more insider information could be given for the interview process.

tchen003 21-02-2016 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80142)
so did anyone sign the contract yet??

i am applying for T&O roles

So did you receive the offer yet? (I mean verbally from HR or Hiring Manager)

Really want to know about it.
Thanks.

Unregistered 21-02-2016 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchen003 (Post 80156)

Thanks.

i apply quite late like last week only.

and i just do the video interview ytd :)

Unregistered 21-02-2016 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchen003 (Post 80156)

Thanks.

nope, still no news yet.

Unregistered 21-02-2016 11:38 PM

it never state when the application close..

i see some ppl nov apply already and i feb then apply.

Unregistered 22-02-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80159)
it never state when the application close..

i see some ppl nov apply already and i feb then apply.

it's rolling, they do it every 2 months thereabouts

Unregistered 22-02-2016 11:36 PM

anyone know does the GAP only have 1 batch of intake per year?

cos i grad at Nov/Dec period.

Unregistered 23-02-2016 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80221)
anyone know does the GAP only have 1 batch of intake per year?

cos i grad at Nov/Dec period.

yup, in july. On exception they do take in people in January, but that is getting rare/not really seen anymore. Just take it as july. Go find something to do in the mean time

Unregistered 23-02-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80158)
nope, still no news yet.

Hi

I received verbal offer about 3 months ago and no signing ever since.
Anyone knows what's going on?

Unregistered 23-02-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80225)
Hi

I received verbal offer about 3 months ago and no signing ever since.
Anyone knows what's going on?

Really???? When did you receive???????I know a friend who no signing same as you!!!!what is going on????!!!!!!

Unregistered 23-02-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80226)
Really???? When did you receive???????I know a friend who no signing same as you!!!!what is going on????!!!!!!

dec???

I dunno either....no reply ever since. u friend also T & O?

Unregistered 23-02-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80232)
dec???

I dunno either....no reply ever since. u friend also T & O?

did you try contacting the HR in-charge?

Unregistered 23-02-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80235)
did you try contacting the HR in-charge?

tried but got vague answer.......now job hunting ah....geeeee crying now
anw, u know when to sign ah, i really want this job....

Unregistered 23-02-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80266)

what is the "vague answer"? can you share about it?

Thanks.

Unregistered 23-02-2016 07:37 PM

Anyone got contacted for SME Banking GA Program Panel Interview?

Unregistered 23-02-2016 07:38 PM

Retail banking Gap

Hey guys, any news about the retail banking Gap?

Unregistered 23-02-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

may i know when did u receive offer? Is it SME or TechOps?

Unregistered 23-02-2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80272)
may i know when did u receive offer? Is it SME or TechOps?

TechOps of course..
but heard no one received the written offer yet

Unregistered 23-02-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Their processing is quite slow. Generally dec verbal end feb sign is normal. If they verbal most likely will give it to you.

However, and this is a big however, it is really not worth joining this program. Just go in as a direct hire.

Unregistered 23-02-2016 11:16 PM

Quote:

I have no idea. Unlike your case, they didn't get back to me.

Unregistered 23-02-2016 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80276)
Their processing is quite slow. Generally dec verbal end feb sign is normal. If they verbal most likely will give it to you.

However, and this is a big however, it is really not worth joining this program. Just go in as a direct hire.

Care to share why you are saying that it is really not worth joining?

Unregistered 24-02-2016 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80289)

mine is even more different.. hr told me to wait until April for a maybe possible sign?!
what the heck? I receive verbal in Dec 15..

Unregistered 24-02-2016 01:37 AM

hi,

i apply for gap recently and saw these posts.

does Dbs has any tradition of rescinding offers?

anyone could verify?

pretty busy with my studies, dun wan get empty verbal in the end

Unregistered 24-02-2016 09:55 AM

I have analyze and this is what i guess from all the no signing of contract YET.

the application for this year is still open which mean there are ppl still applying..
thus HR still can choose among these ppl.

my guess is have to wait till application close (idk when) then HR will start calling ppl to come down for signing provided you are shortlisted.

afterall the starting period is in july which mean there is still 4-5mth of buffer time.

my small small thought.. :D

Unregistered 24-02-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80289)

&

so u also received verbal offer from them?
when and is is tech&ops?

many thanks

Unregistered 24-02-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80317)
I have analyze and this is what i guess from all the no signing of contract YET.

the application for this year is still open which mean there are ppl still applying..

my guess is have to wait till application close (idk when) then HR will start calling ppl to come down for signing provided you are shortlisted.

afterall the starting period is in july which mean there is still 4-5mth of buffer time.

if thats the case, wolao...then dbs shouldnt send out verbal offers and trick those poor grads in the end.

it's like a pretty woman promise she marry u but in end, she marry someone else. funny

Unregistered 24-02-2016 10:19 AM

Any news from those who applied for consumer banking under GAP?

Unregistered 24-02-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80319)
if thats the case, wolao...then dbs shouldnt send out verbal offers and trick those poor grads in the end.

it's like a pretty woman promise she marry u but in end, she marry someone else. funny

but it's legal mah,dbs has a history of revoking in the past(dunno exactly which batch but there are i promise)go look for other opportunities.good luck

Unregistered 24-02-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80319)

oh..this is serious..anyone could verify that

Unregistered 24-02-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80342)
oh..this is serious..anyone could verify that

great! i just applied. guess i still have chance

Unregistered 24-02-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80318)
&

so u also received verbal offer from them?
when and is is tech&ops?

many thanks

I applied for T&O. No verbal offer at all.

Unregistered 24-02-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80317)

My thoughts exactly. I have a friend who just completed the video interview.