Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 18-03-2016 07:31 PM

Don't worry.

For those retrenched ex-PMETs out there, such as ex-engineers and ex-bankers, do not be sad. Instead of worrying so much, you can just retire assuming you no longer have any dependents at age 55.

Good retirement plan in KL or Penang for a 55 years old retired couple.

Passive income
Rent out fully paid HDB flat S$2.5k pm or RM7.5k pm

KL or Penang cost of living
Rent a 2 bedroom condominium RM1.5k pm
Car expenses RM500 pm (assume buy used car in cash RM30k)
Food, groceries and utilities RM1.5k pm
Misc RM1k pm
Total spending RM4.5k pm
Savings RM3k pm

This retirement plan allows you to live in a condo and drive a car.

Your key retirement asset: HDB flat (we are very fortunate since we all get to buy cheap BTO HDB flats when we got married)

Unregistered 21-03-2016 11:42 PM

starting salary this year?

Anyone with an offer mind sharing this year's starting salary for dbs graduate associate programme (tech)?
I saw last year was $3.8k, so is this year 4k?

Unregistered 24-03-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81845)
Anyone with an offer mind sharing this year's starting salary for dbs graduate associate programme (tech)?
I saw last year was $3.8k, so is this year 4k?

3.8k, same as previous years

Unregistered 25-03-2016 12:45 AM

what is dbs graduate programme? good payout?

Unregistered 26-03-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82114)
what is dbs graduate programme? good payout?

if you have to ask, you will never know

Unregistered 29-03-2016 09:00 PM

Hi, may I ask what is the current intake this year? And how many applicants are there this year? If I do not get a reply by now, does that mean I am rejected? Thanks.

Unregistered 07-04-2016 04:09 PM

Hi may I ask what do they look out for in their "post-employment reference checks"? Thank you in advance

Unregistered 08-04-2016 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82342)
Hi, may I ask what is the current intake this year? And how many applicants are there this year? If I do not get a reply by now, does that mean I am rejected? Thanks.

Hi, HR told me that they're hiring about 40 for GA T&O. I think the application closes on 31 March right? If you haven't done the video or panel interview by now then I think perhaps there's not much chances already.

Unregistered 09-04-2016 06:06 PM

can anyone share the salary package? how is the variable wage component?

Passerby - Monday 11-04-2016 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83188)
can anyone share the salary package? how is the variable wage component?

The only thing variable is year-end bonus.

The intake is likely to decrease with the headcount freeze due to the unfavourable economic situation. As prestigious as the programme may sound, the job may be routine in nature depending on your posting.

I see people leaving within the first year because they do not see value in the daily day-to-day operations of the bank and project opportunities are limited.

That said, there are also people who excel in the programme - I see people reaching senior associate in 3 years because they are passionate in what they are doing.