Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 27-02-2016 09:22 PM

Anyone knows if Graduate Associates get any overseas opportunities?

Unregistered 27-02-2016 11:25 PM

really? offer and rescind? and the worse thing about this is that application is still open.

Unregistered 28-02-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80550)
really? offer and rescind? and the worse thing about this is that application is still open.

Yes, I can verify that. they rescinded offers a few years back but due to loss revenue. It's weird that they do this when there is 20% increase as previous post mentioned.

Unregistered 01-03-2016 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80453)
finished my panel interview (SME) this week, waiting for results which i was told will be released within the next 2 weeks. Good experience during the interview, nothing too stressful, I feel it was more of a culture and fit interview than competency.

Eh me too. I also did my panel interview for SME banking on Friday. I got a feeling they wouldn't hire a lot though. Interview itself was rather friendly, and more of fit-based. But they kind of keep rescheduling back the interview backwards, and it only has 2 interviewers compared to 3 last week (from my friend). Good luck mate.

Unregistered 01-03-2016 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80640)
Eh me too. I also did my panel interview for SME banking on Friday. I got a feeling they wouldn't hire a lot though. Interview itself was rather friendly, and more of fit-based. But they kind of keep rescheduling back the interview backwards, and it only has 2 interviewers compared to 3 last week (from my friend). Good luck mate.

Hi there, it's me. I don't think the number of interviewers is an issue... For my case there were 3 interviewer, 1 credit analyst side 1 RM and 1 hr. I'm dying for their reply because I want it so badly, this job hunt is really draining on the final semester. Recent discussion on them rescinding offers are not very encouraging as well. Do u know how many applicants are there and how many they are hiring?

Unregistered 01-03-2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80641)
Hi there, it's me. I don't think the number of interviewers is an issue... For my case there were 3 interviewer, 1 credit analyst side 1 RM and 1 hr. I'm dying for their reply because I want it so badly, this job hunt is really draining on the final semester. Recent discussion on them rescinding offers are not very encouraging as well. Do u know how many applicants are there and how many they are hiring?

Same man. Dying for the job too sigh. Did you went on Friday? I think maybe just nice the RM not free cuz mine only has the HR and credit analyst. I think they had a rather big pool of candidates for final round. From what I know initially there are 4 full days worth of final round candidates, but after that a little unclear cuz certain slots kept getting pushed back. Not sure how many they hiring though.

Unregistered 02-03-2016 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80411)
when did u receive verbal? dec?

I receive the offer on the same week of signing. Monday offered by HR, Friday sign.

I'm from T&O

Unregistered 02-03-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80690)
I receive the offer on the same week of signing. Monday offered by HR, Friday sign.

I'm from T&O

Tech or Ops specifically?

Unregistered 02-03-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80690)

I'm from T&O

Glad you reply me. You know what? I am applying for engineering now, cannot even get an interview after sending out approx 80+ resumes. Why? because all my experience in cv shows that I am an IT guy suitable for banks. It's a mismatch! both technically and personality. I am struggling everyday. I sleep at 2am everyday to send out resume and wake up at 8 am to go to classes. My life ruins...having a bank cv but no more chance to go into banks. How foolish am I?

Unregistered 02-03-2016 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80719)
Glad you reply me. You know what? I am applying for engineering now, cannot even get an interview after sending out approx 80+ resumes. Why? because all my experience in cv shows that I am an IT guy suitable for banks. It's a mismatch! both technically and personality. I am struggling everyday. I sleep at 2am everyday to send out resume and wake up at 8 am to go to classes. My life ruins...having a bank cv but no more chance to go into banks. How foolish am I?

No need to die-die aim for banking jobs. A lot of Singaporeans love banks so much that they will settle for a back office job that pays less than a job in other industries, which is damn stupid.

You can make good money as a programmer. Just need to open your eyes and look for opportunities.