Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 30-07-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99088)
Thanks. I am wondering whether it's possible to do any thing different fr ops or ops related. Quite tired of doing ops. Or it's difficult to make a career shift.

It is still possible to do non ops stuff but will be difficult after you have been in ops for close to 10 years. You will be fortunate to get into compliance.

Unregistered 30-07-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99091)
It is still possible to do non ops stuff but will be difficult after you have been in ops for close to 10 years. You will be fortunate to get into compliance.

Hi i'm not the original poster but in a similar situation. I am in ops and keen on moving to compliance. Only difference is that I have been working in ops for close to a year now. Would it be as tough for me to make the switch?

While working in ops does not provide direct experience in compliance, would employers still view ops experience as a plus point? Also, would I have to start from scratch or as 2nd year analyst?

Unregistered 31-07-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99092)
Hi i'm not the original poster but in a similar situation. I am in ops and keen on moving to compliance. Only difference is that I have been working in ops for close to a year now. Would it be as tough for me to make the switch?

While working in ops does not provide direct experience in compliance, would employers still view ops experience as a plus point? Also, would I have to start from scratch or as 2nd year analyst?

It will be easier to move since you are only in ops for close to a year. I do not think it will be a plus point as 1 year of experience is not significant enough. You probably have to start from scratch as compliance is a different area. But you have to ask yourself why the shift to compliance. Bear in mind that compliance requires alot of reading and handling documents. After a while it may become dry to you.

Unregistered 31-07-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99097)
It will be easier to move since you are only in ops for close to a year. I do not think it will be a plus point as 1 year of experience is not significant enough. You probably have to start from scratch as compliance is a different area. But you have to ask yourself why the shift to compliance. Bear in mind that compliance requires alot of reading and handling documents. After a while it may become dry to you.

II

I am aware of the nature of compliance work, and I am not entirely sure when I say this, but compliance does seem to have more potential in terms of advancement etc as compared to ops.

I am thinking of making the switch as I do not want to be pigeonholed to ops. If 1 year of experience in ops is not significant enough, would it be better to try for a lateral move after another year or 2?

Unregistered 31-07-2017 12:28 PM

Have one year experience in private client tax compliance in Big four, possible to move to a CDD/KYC position?

Unregistered 31-07-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99102)
II

I am aware of the nature of compliance work, and I am not entirely sure when I say this, but compliance does seem to have more potential in terms of advancement etc as compared to ops.

I am thinking of making the switch as I do not want to be pigeonholed to ops. If 1 year of experience in ops is not significant enough, would it be better to try for a lateral move after another year or 2?

I am saying if you want should just go for compliance now. 1 year of ops doesnt mean anything so might as well start afresh.

Unregistered 01-08-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99091)

I only have 1 year experience in compliance and majority in ops, is it still possible to stay in compliance if I move to other companies? What would be the selling point?

Unregistered 01-08-2017 02:17 PM

SURRENCY Naves

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99135)
I only have 1 year experience in compliance and majority in ops, is it still possible to stay in compliance if I move to other companies? What would be the selling point?

I would suggest you build up your compliance experience before moving. It will be hard to convince an employer of your selling point with 1 year compliance experience.

Unregistered 07-08-2017 10:34 PM

Hi guys,

i am considering whether to take ICA level 1 course. need all you experience ppl advice whether its really impt and necessary to take tis course to further advance in tis compliance path. Thank you very much.

Unregistered 08-08-2017 05:30 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone know the approximate pay for this job?

s://jobs2.deloitte.com/sg/en/job/DELOA004X147874/Associate-Forensic-Advisory-1-Year-Contract

I have close to 3 year aml transaction monitoring experience