Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 20-08-2017 04:32 PM

Aml

Is AML experience in Malaysia HSBC helpful in order to secure a similar role in Singapore?

Unregistered 21-08-2017 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99662)
What do you guys think about the career progression/development for aml investigation role? Is it possible for one to get into corporate finance, investment banking, trading, asset management ,etc lines after 1-2 years in this position?

Nope. That's not the way to break into front office. In fact it will pigeon you into a compliance role.

Unregistered 21-08-2017 11:21 PM

Looking for some advice here thats not really compliance related. Hoping that some of you with industry can help me out here - I'm considering changing jobs/companies, and I am currently drawing an average basic, but my company has a relatively generous bonus scheme, which makes up 20%+ of my annual basic.

What is the normal/typical % increase that one can expect to get when switching jobs? Even if I were to get a 20% increase in basic, but a much lower bonus, I might end up still getting the same annual salary at the end of the day. Therefore if I were to change jobs, would my total package be taken into account when negotiating salary, such that I can negotiate for an increase from my total annual salary?

Unregistered 24-08-2017 06:50 PM

Compliance in insurance

Hi! Could anyone comment on the prospects for compliance in the insurance industry, i.e. salary, career progression, where to start, etc? TIA!

Unregistered 24-08-2017 08:01 PM

For someone working in Compliance now, which of the following 2 has better credentials ? Is having a diverse experience in working different areas of banking better or just having only Compliance experience?

Person A: Having a diverse working experience in banking in Compliance, Financial Markets and Consumer banking

Person B: Have been working in Compliance only since graduation.

Unregistered 25-08-2017 05:37 PM

moving on from KYC to FCC and regulatory compliance

How do you move from KYC to FCC to regulatory compliance? i seem to be stcuk in KYC for 2.5 years and i cannot get in regulatory compliance roles without experience and KYC is really just admin work, tick box, chasing documents kind of job.

i guess the question is how?

Unregistered 25-08-2017 06:15 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;99782]How do you move from KYC to FCC to regulatory compliance? i seem to be stcuk in KYC for 2.5 years and i cannot get in regulatory compliance roles without experience and KYC is really just admin work, tick box, chasing documents kind of job.

Unfortunately it is very operational based. You have to brush up on ur techincal when doing kyc. Have you thought of why do we collect documents? If you understand the why, then it will help you alot in an advisory role.

Unregistered 26-08-2017 12:47 AM

Is working in Transaction Surveillance good?

Unregistered 26-08-2017 05:22 PM

Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting into compliance/aml but because I do not have the relevant experience I am thinking of srtarting out in kyc first. However I am afraid that kyc alone is very brief and simple and might not give me the needed exp to jump to the more complext aml or fcc roles. Also I have heard.some people are stuck in kyc for a few years.

Hence should I go into kyc? Does it have a good career path? Would appreciate some advixe.

Unregistered 26-08-2017 10:21 PM

I do not think kyc is all that good as its nature is very different from aml