Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 18-08-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89507)
How long you stayed at each job?

On average, a year.

Unregistered 18-08-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89492)
1st job) 2.7k
2nd job) 3k (1 year contract)
3.7k (converted to perm at 6 month mark)
3rd job) 4.3k
4.6k (after increment)
4th job) 5.5k (rank jump + team lead role)

I hold a normal bachelors degree from an Aussie uni. No honors, no masters. Decent but not spectacular results.

woah. team lead in the 4th year of work? impressive. mind sharing what scope and the bank names u were in?

Unregistered 18-08-2016 03:01 PM

KYC (Onboarding/Periodic Reivew) roles in smaller banks are parked under compliance while in big banks it will be under middle office/business support. Any comments, anyone?

Unregistered 18-08-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89597)
woah. team lead in the 4th year of work? impressive. mind sharing what scope and the bank names u were in?

Thanks. I have been lucky to meet good colleagues, which has helped in the scouting of ideal opportunities. Can't share the bank names, will give my identity away pretty quickly. This space is rather small. I've been in American and European banks.

Started out in the KYC domain. Moved into Compliance, dealing with KYC/AML advisory.

Unregistered 18-08-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89598)
KYC (Onboarding/Periodic Reivew) roles in smaller banks are parked under compliance while in big banks it will be under middle office/business support. Any comments, anyone?

KYC i.e. client due diligence, is generally an operational role which usually isn't parked under the Operations arm of most banks. Some banks park it under MO, a few banks park it under Compliance. End of the day, doesn't really matter. All that matters is which bonus pool the KYC team falls under.

Unregistered 18-08-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89600)
Thanks. I have been lucky to meet good colleagues, which has helped in the scouting of ideal opportunities. Can't share the bank names, will give my identity away pretty quickly. This space is rather small. I've been in American and European banks.

Started out in the KYC domain. Moved into Compliance, dealing with KYC/AML advisory.

Do you think you're an outlier/high flyer? I don't think most ppl's career in AML goes as smoothly as yours

Unregistered 18-08-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89605)
Do you think you're an outlier/high flyer? I don't think most ppl's career in AML goes as smoothly as yours

Well yes, definitely I think I am one of the lucky ones. I know many of my previous colleagues who are still struggling. This is an overrated industry that somehow many think is attractive. But they dont know the reality.

Unregistered 18-08-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89607)
Well yes, definitely I think I am one of the lucky ones. I know many of my previous colleagues who are still struggling. This is an overrated industry that somehow many think is attractive. But they dont know the reality.

Then may I ask wat r your previous colleagues doing now? Still at analyst / associate lvl doing more ops aml / kyc roles? Guess u gotta know the right ppl to rise up

Unregistered 18-08-2016 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89600)

Actually what do you doing in KYC/AML advisory?

Unregistered 18-08-2016 10:06 PM

For onboarding of clients, who are the ones who get the documents from clients? Client facing team, ops or compliance etc?