Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 02-12-2017 09:26 AM

Anyone done both fcc and reg compliance before? how would you compare the 2 and which one is more interesting and better in terms of career progression, salary etc?

Unregistered 02-12-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102660)
Sorry which area of compliance are you talking about? Regulatory, sanctions? And did you do your law degree overseas?

Yes I did my law degree in UK, I'm currently doing cross border work.

Unregistered 06-12-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102662)
Anyone done both fcc and reg compliance before? how would you compare the 2 and which one is more interesting and better in terms of career progression, salary etc?

I started my career doing Reg Compliance for 8 years before moving to AML for 7 years.
I started Compliance before the regulations are in place, but that was a period when career progression within Compliance is much lesser and more uncommon. I experienced more career progression in AML, even though, similarly, I joined AML when it was not widely known/discussed.

I also done regional roles and country roles, and personally, I enjoy country roles more. Many regional roles are largely coordinator roles, making minimum impact. Yes, you have exposure in different countries, and some people enjoy business travel (I don't), I am not involved in major business decisions. For country roles, I enjoy having a say on business strategies, which customers to keep or exit, and the grayness that I have to deal with on a day to day basis.

Unregistered 10-12-2017 10:12 PM

Is there chance of a person who works in Operations for many years to move into AML Advisory?

Unregistered 10-12-2017 10:13 PM

What is the career path or route a person in AML advisory can go into? If he go into transaction monitoring, is it advisable?

Unregistered 04-01-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102667)
Yes I did my law degree in UK, I'm currently doing cross border work.

Wah how did you get the lobang to get in even? Been trying to source for entry-level position in compliance because I wish to leave practice, but to no avail.

Unregistered 13-01-2018 09:41 AM

Is Anti Bribery and Corruption a good prospect to work in? I find it is hard to go in

Unregistered 22-01-2018 07:18 PM

What's the market rate for 2.5 to 3 years AML experience?

Unregistered 23-01-2018 11:05 PM

Salary Advice

Hi,

I was invited for an interview for "Graduate AML/KYC Compliance Analyst(MiFID)- Deutsche Bank,Singapore".

In the email it stated this,

Confirmed salary Structure for the 24 month programme:

0 - 6 months: ($2,166 SGD / Month)
6 -12 months: ($2,500 SGD / Month)
12 - 18 months: ($2,833 SGD / Month)
18 - 24 months: ($3,166 SGD / Month)

Is this a decent salary? They did not state any perks which I'm going to assume they will if they offer me the job.

Also, I'm a private uni graduate(SIM/UOL - no honours) with no work experience.

Unregistered 24-01-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104039)
Hi,

I was invited for an interview for "Graduate AML/KYC Compliance Analyst(MiFID)- Deutsche Bank,Singapore".

In the email it stated this,

Confirmed salary Structure for the 24 month programme:

0 - 6 months: ($2,166 SGD / Month)
6 -12 months: ($2,500 SGD / Month)
12 - 18 months: ($2,833 SGD / Month)
18 - 24 months: ($3,166 SGD / Month)

Is this a decent salary? They did not state any perks which I'm going to assume they will if they offer me the job.

Also, I'm a private uni graduate(SIM/UOL - no honours) with no work experience.

I manages a big AML team and in my view, I think you should go for it. Even though the pay is not high, you would be surprised how competitive it is, to get into such programme. Most banks do not hire fresh graduates or experienced graduates with no relevant experience into AML or Compliance. DB is a tier 1 bank. Even though they have a lot of issues globally, they are still acknowledged as a top bank. The AML head is really good as well so you can learn a lot, if you have a chance to work with him directly.

If you are undecided about where you want to go or what you want to do, pick the job that pay you the highest. If you really want to try working in Compliance or AML, this will be a good entry point. In the future, even if you want to move to another bank/FI, DB is a good bank to have on your CV.