Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 15-08-2017 02:22 PM

Hi Folks

Hi guys,

I have been offered SCB role as a CDD analyst. Job scope is to contact retail customer to do checks on their monetary transactions in their CASA.
Currently im a RM at a local bank with 3 years experience. Pay offered was slightly above fresh grad pay.
Can any kind folks advice on this role, be in progression wise or remuneration wise?
Whether to accept it a not? As i dont want to be low ball by them. Is a contract role offered by SCB itself.

Many thanks! Cheers

Unregistered 15-08-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99546)
Hi guys,

I have been offered SCB role as a CDD analyst. Job scope is to contact retail customer to do checks on their monetary transactions in their CASA.
Currently im a RM at a local bank with 3 years experience. Pay offered was slightly above fresh grad pay.
Can any kind folks advice on this role, be in progression wise or remuneration wise?
Whether to accept it a not? As i dont want to be low ball by them. Is a contract role offered by SCB itself.

Many thanks! Cheers

slightly above is how much?

Unregistered 15-08-2017 05:12 PM

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99547)
slightly above is how much?

Thanks for the reply.
Abit short-fall of what i expected, which in the region of mid 3.
Any advice?

Many thanks

Unregistered 15-08-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99546)
Hi guys,

Many thanks! Cheers

Do you mean you put expected 3.5 but given 3.2? I believe your RM role for 3 years should be in 3K range ? My advice is to stay put. Unless you really want to do CDD.

Unregistered 15-08-2017 10:19 PM

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99553)
Do you mean you put expected 3.5 but given 3.2? I believe your RM role for 3 years should be in 3K range ? My advice is to stay put. Unless you really want to do CDD.

Yup. My RM role is actually more than 3.5
Is SCB CDD a good platform to go into compliance related stuff? As i know is quite hard to get my foot into this. Thats what got me thinking.

Thanks!

Unregistered 15-08-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99556)
Yup. My RM role is actually more than 3.5
Is SCB CDD a good platform to go into compliance related stuff? As i know is quite hard to get my foot into this. Thats what got me thinking.

Thanks!

Ok.I am the same poster who replied you. Then you should just stay in DBS. You need to ask if Cdd or compliance is the area you want to be in. I was in similar contract scb cdd role back in 2014. It was one of the worst decision I have made. I was like you, gave up a perm role in another bank to take on scb contract role. Suggest to go for a perm role instead if you want to move.

Unregistered 15-08-2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99557)
Ok.I am the same poster who replied you. Then you should just stay in DBS. You need to ask if Cdd or compliance is the area you want to be in. I was in similar contract scb cdd role back in 2014. It was one of the worst decision I have made. I was like you, gave up a perm role in another bank to take on scb contract role. Suggest to go for a perm role instead if you want to move.

Why you dislike CDD? Lots of paperwork and very ops in nature? What are you doing now?

Unregistered 16-08-2017 12:48 AM

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99557)

Thanks for your reply bro.
How long did you last in this similiar scb cdd role? Very siong? The person tell me will work till late hours etc almost everyweek.

Unregistered 16-08-2017 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99561)
Thanks for your reply bro.
How long did you last in this similiar scb cdd role? Very siong? The person tell me will work till late hours etc almost everyweek.

I only stayed for 6 months. CDD is a volume role. It was the worst decision because basically this role is a contract and there is no prospect for you to move to a perm. If yes, you are competing with many contractors. I left for another perm role in another bank because I realised that this Scb contract role is just like a remediation and they need to complete it using the least cost. Alot of contractors left halfway without finishing the contract. Not to say the non intention to convert you into perm. At most it will be renewal of contract.

Unregistered 20-08-2017 03:37 PM

AML Investigation Role

What do you guys think about the career progression/development for aml investigation role? Is it possible for one to get into corporate finance, investment banking, trading, asset management ,etc lines after 1-2 years in this position?