Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 17-02-2023 09:56 AM

The average people will always earn average money.
You should think about it this way: what should I be doing differently to get a better role with my 10 YoE in HR?
HRBP in a good company can earn 10k+
Also, HR is a role reserved for the locals and it will never be totally outsourced. While AML roles can be outsourced any time.
All companies neee some kind of HR service, but only some companies need AML people.

Unregistered 18-02-2023 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240515)
Salary is higher as I progress along.
Average HR manager salary range is 5 to 6k in Singapore.
For compliance 5 to 6k is mid-senior level, which means the salary range is wider than HR.
Of course, all these i based it from job portals, might not be accurate, so came here to get advise.

didn't quite catch the "compliance 5 to 6k is mid-senior level".. in fact, 5 to 6k is average for junior / associate level in many banks

Unregistered 18-02-2023 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240498)
aml kyc > compliance

what are you referring to by "compliance"? What areas of compliance?

Unregistered 19-02-2023 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240520)
sorry, 10 years in HR does not give me 10k, and thus I am thinking of switching. At most 5k only.

i'm 100% certain you're being seriously underpaid. in US / euro banks, 2 yoe can already get u 5k. for local banks, 5 years to hit 5k is easy. no way with 10 yoe you are drawing just 5k

Unregistered 19-02-2023 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240521)
The average people will always earn average money.
You should think about it this way: what should I be doing differently to get a better role with my 10 YoE in HR?
HRBP in a good company can earn 10k+
Also, HR is a role reserved for the locals and it will never be totally outsourced. While AML roles can be outsourced any time.
All companies neee some kind of HR service, but only some companies need AML people.

Nope, there's no such thing as "reserved". HR is open to everyone. My company's HR is from a certain infamous region.

Unregistered 19-02-2023 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240520)
sorry, 10 years in HR does not give me 10k, and thus I am thinking of switching. At most 5k only.

10 years in HR and not drawing 5k? what the hell have u been doing the last 10 years

Unregistered 19-02-2023 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240498)
aml kyc > compliance

I've never heard such a moronic take in my life. A first line operational AML/KYC role is relatively easy and straightforward, requiring little education and subject matter expertise. You can be proficient in such a role without a degree and minimal training.

A compliance role deals with high risk clients, escalations, policy drafting and risk assessment, requiring an actual expert in AML. First line ops personnel are easily replacable grunts in contrast.

Unregistered 19-02-2023 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240665)
I've never heard such a moronic take in my life. A first line operational AML/KYC role is relatively easy and straightforward, requiring little education and subject matter expertise. You can be proficient in such a role without a degree and minimal training.

A compliance role deals with high risk clients, escalations, policy drafting and risk assessment, requiring an actual expert in AML. First line ops personnel are easily replacable grunts in contrast.

i assume forumers refer to "aml/kyc role" as first line onboarding / periodic reviews - yes barrier to entry of these roles are generally lower, and more supply of such roles since they are largely operational and need more warm bodies to clear the cases.

for aml/fcc 2lod roles, there are a spectrum of roles within it such as transaction monitoring, investigations (reviewing escalated txns, filing STRs on them, imposing further actions) or advisory/policy etc. The latter 2 especially have a relatively higher barrier to entry

Unregistered 19-02-2023 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240665)

compliance role easy to join too... pretty much useless and brain dead job.. don't go into support non rev generating roles

Unregistered 20-02-2023 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240691)
compliance role easy to join too... pretty much useless and brain dead job.. don't go into support non rev generating roles

This guy's probably a bum who works in some shitty retail bank. We're not talking about compliance in some shitty malaysian retail bank like RHB, clown.

Compliance roles in reputable PBs and IBs are highly selective and not easy to break in, especially goldman and jpm.