Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

Unregistered 20-07-2015 08:26 AM

Me too!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70107)
Anyone else got a confirmation date for the start of work already?

I got it too.. woot

QUOTE=Unregistered;70186]finally got the offer package after so many months...bad news is their offer is not attractive and even lower then what I am getting right now. (~6k lesser on annual pay)

Ask for a counteroffer and they say it's non-nego..I applying as an experienced tech( more than 3yrs). Somemore 1st few months on training no shift allowance. Really disappointed on the offer package.[/QUOTE]

Wel if pathethic then dun leave ah bro. But if u got exp u can progress faster and further.

Unregistered 20-07-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70232)
I got it too.. woot

QUOTE=Unregistered;70186]finally got the offer package after so many months...bad news is their offer is not attractive and even lower then what I am getting right now. (~6k lesser on annual pay)

Ask for a counteroffer and they say it's non-nego..I applying as an experienced tech( more than 3yrs). Somemore 1st few months on training no shift allowance. Really disappointed on the offer package.

Wel if pathethic then dun leave ah bro. But if u got exp u can progress faster and further.[/QUOTE]

So when is the intake?

Unregistered 20-07-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70232)
I got it too.. woot

What position u applied for, when u get the call and when is your first day bro?

Unregistered 21-07-2015 09:00 AM

Offer from shell

Got rejected from Exxon as I received an email. Asked my dad friend to reccommend in to bukom shell. And got it with just one interview! Fresh grad with Ite hnitec. Blessing in disguise. The pay and benefits is better of coz. Starting next week! All the best for those waiting for Exxon. Btw src, denka, horizon and oiltanking have opening. Get ready for a lot of foreigners in Exxon!

Unregistered 21-07-2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70303)
Got rejected from Exxon as I received an email. Asked my dad friend to reccommend in to bukom shell. And got it with just one interview! Fresh grad with Ite hnitec. Blessing in disguise. The pay and benefits is better of coz. Starting next week! All the best for those waiting for Exxon. Btw src, denka, horizon and oiltanking have opening. Get ready for a lot of foreigners in Exxon!

Have you went for the medical check up for exxon before getting rejected?
Anyway, congrats on getting shell bro. (:

Unregistered 21-07-2015 11:01 AM

Nop didn't even went for medical checkup. Received email that I was unsuccessful. Denka, horizon, src ,oiltanking and chevron there's an opening so those who can't wait or didn't received the offer can try them. Quite good also. Src and oiltanking better if you know someone inside. They very strict and bias somehow

Unregistered 22-07-2015 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70296)
What position u applied for, when u get the call and when is your first day bro?

Operation tech. Got the call last thursday eve of raya on 17 Jul. Confirmation email sent in the evening.
Start date is 3rd Sept

Unregistered 22-07-2015 02:09 AM

Shell?? Shift is hell. Weekends once only once every 3 months

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70303)

Well dun get ur hopes to high bro. Shell basic is pretty low and ur shift pattern sucks. The shift allowance also quite peanuts compared to exxon. Exxon Basic already matching shell take home monthly pay without allowance for dip level.

Unregistered 22-07-2015 07:27 PM

hahahah

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70363)
Well dun get ur hopes to high bro. Shell basic is pretty low and ur shift pattern sucks. The shift allowance also quite peanuts compared to exxon. Exxon Basic already matching shell take home monthly pay without allowance for dip level.

Hahaha are you sure? bro i've already got the offer and im starting next monday. my shift allowance is 1.3k bro. my basic is 2k. i know the shift sucks but who cares with good benefits and progression to further studies. please alot of my dad friend working in exxon is shell is the best in this line.

emy 22-07-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70362)
Operation tech. Got the call last thursday eve of raya on 17 Jul. Confirmation email sent in the evening.
Start date is 3rd Sept

wah so long ah start. sept then start. for sure no shift allowance 1st few months. was from exxon now in oiltanking. exxon choose skincolour