Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

Unregistered 22-07-2015 07:34 PM

yes true

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70390)
Hahaha are you sure? bro i've already got the offer and im starting next monday. my shift allowance is 1.3k bro. my basic is 2k. i know the shift sucks but who cares with good benefits and progression to further studies. please alot of my dad friend working in exxon is shell is the best in this line.

Its true shell benefits and paywise is good. But very hard to get it. Bcoz ppl wont quit there, so those who doesnt know anyone inside dont bother applying shell. Shell recruitment one kind very troublesome. Now recommend also difficult, btw all the best in shell.

Unregistered 22-07-2015 07:38 PM

oiltanking also difficult wana get in now. now they hiring very strict. Universal Terminal is easy and flexible alot of locals very good and upcoming big company, Those applying oiltanking dont waste time. My friend just join starting soon and he said the HR told they hiring foreigners.

Unregistered 22-07-2015 07:39 PM

Src

Join SRC lah better prospect. 80% chinese i see

Unregistered 22-07-2015 08:23 PM

I apply for src, oiltanking and Exxon. No call from src and oiltanking but Exxon call for interview. Exxon requirement also n lvl only, got chance I think. The botak Chinese interviewer two faced fellas

Unregistered 23-07-2015 01:22 AM

U gotta be kidding me with ur pay!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70390)
Hahaha are you sure? bro i've already got the offer and im starting next monday. my shift allowance is 1.3k bro. my basic is 2k. i know the shift sucks but who cares with good benefits and progression to further studies. please alot of my dad friend working in exxon is shell is the best in this line.

U are fresh I suppose. 2k basic talkig cock right for higher nitec? Maybe ur basic only 1400. Come on who are you kidding bro

More like basic of 1650(Dip). Allowance 800. Maybe 6 months bonus yearly which is fixed.

With 8 hr shift u want to study. I suppose planning for time wont be easy with the shift pattern. If u got the shell seraya perhaps it wud be a different story.

Unregistered 23-07-2015 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70410)
U are fresh I suppose. 2k basic talkig cock right for higher nitec? Maybe ur basic only 1400. Come on who are you kidding bro

More like basic of 1650(Dip). Allowance 800. Maybe 6 months bonus yearly which is fixed.

With 8 hr shift u want to study. I suppose planning for time wont be easy with the shift pattern. If u got the shell seraya perhaps it wud be a different story.

Bro, there's a possibilities he get basic 2k. Even JAC for fresh grad offer my brother 2k with 1k shift allowance. And I was from shell bukom but quit months ago. About the furthering your studies yes shell will send you for their sponsorship programe in diploma after 2 years of your service. But don't think shell is damn good or what. There's always pros and cons in every coy. Like a malay saying said "indah Khabar Dari rupa" .

Unregistered 23-07-2015 05:32 PM

Good and bad..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70413)
Bro, there's a possibilities he get basic 2k. Even JAC for fresh grad offer my brother 2k with 1k shift allowance. And I was from shell bukom but quit months ago. About the furthering your studies yes shell will send you for their sponsorship programe in diploma after 2 years of your service. But don't think shell is damn good or what. There's always pros and cons in every coy. Like a malay saying said "indah Khabar Dari rupa" .

Well haha... JAC is a plant living on a time bomb bro. Lots of problem for a new plant.

well I verified with a person working at shell. Starting Basic is 1625, allowance 960. Bonus flat of 6 months yearly. Sponsorship subjected to performance at work. (Well I dun talk ******** tt is y, I got sources and verify to ensure my figures are correct)

Well everywhere got pros and con definitely. Shell is big no doubt but have fallen down the pecking order in terms of market in Singapore.

and The other benefit I know is their petrol which is given to employees.

Unregistered 23-07-2015 07:07 PM

Exxon will still inform you if they rejected you after the interview? I applied for field technician and went for may interview. System still application in progress. But i know alot applied for operation tech post.

Unregistered 23-07-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70437)
Well haha... JAC is a plant living on a time bomb bro. Lots of problem for a new plant.

well I verified with a person working at shell. Starting Basic is 1625, allowance 960. Bonus flat of 6 months yearly. Sponsorship subjected to performance at work. (Well I dun talk ******** tt is y, I got sources and verify to ensure my figures are correct)

Well everywhere got pros and con definitely. Shell is big no doubt but have fallen down the pecking order in terms of market in Singapore.

and The other benefit I know is their petrol which is given to employees.

Yes bro you are right. JAC is a time bomb a lot of their technician now gg elsewhere already. That's one of the reason I quit shell though it's a big company and you said it's true though they are down pecking order. Even other company paying better

Unregistered 23-07-2015 09:06 PM

It is quite worrying when you have went for interview and medical check up but still waiting for the package offer. It has been 3-4 months already. Got their email early this month saying ive pass my medical and asking me to continue to wait for the package offer.. But for how long? What are the reasons that some already got offered and ive not ): what are the chances of me getting this job after what ive went through? I dont want to regret by accepting another job offer when at last EM offer me the package. What should i do?