Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

LongWait 13-04-2016 05:54 PM

My experience so far

Hey everyone, just thought i would do some sharing on the process that i have personally gone through so far.

Applied for the role of Operation Technician on 18th Nov 2015 before FINALLY getting an invitation for an interview via email and phonecall from BKK HR on 12th Feb 2016 (close to 4 months later). Attended the interview on 24th Feb 2016 as the last candidate for the day and was asked to take the Mechanical computerized test. Was told that results would be released 2weeks later but as we all know, it has been a very looooooooooonnnng wait.

Fast forward to 48 agonizing days later after the interview, finally received Medical Check Up Instructions via email on 12th April 2016. Have booked my appointment and will have to continue waiting for results to be out and for EM to conclude their reference checks etc.

Everyone who is going through the same thing and feeling frustrated, please continue to hang in there and have patience. Only give up if they email you a rejection letter. Best of luck guys, hope this helps!

Unregistered 13-04-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongWait (Post 83525)
Hey everyone, just thought i would do some sharing on the process that i have personally gone through so far.

Applied for the role of Operation Technician on 18th Nov 2015 before FINALLY getting an invitation for an interview via email and phonecall from BKK HR on 12th Feb 2016 (close to 4 months later). Attended the interview on 24th Feb 2016 as the last candidate for the day and was asked to take the Mechanical computerized test. Was told that results would be released 2weeks later but as we all know, it has been a very looooooooooonnnng wait.

Fast forward to 48 agonizing days later after the interview, finally received Medical Check Up Instructions via email on 12th April 2016. Have booked my appointment and will have to continue waiting for results to be out and for EM to conclude their reference checks etc.

Everyone who is going through the same thing and feeling frustrated, please continue to hang in there and have patience. Only give up if they email you a rejection letter. Best of luck guys, hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing. Did you go for 1 or 2 round interview? From what I understand there is only 1 round for Ops Tech, thus the confusion about those who attended a 2nd round interview.

I attended the interview on the 26th of Feb, still awaiting news be it good or bad. Congratulations by the way.

Yawn 13-04-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83476)
How is it a 2 round interview? I'm confused. Applied for the same position as Ops Tech right?

nope not operation tech. It was different job position. Anyway the HR emailed me an update that they're finalising it this week. So should be getting answers starting next week.

Unregistered 13-04-2016 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yawn (Post 83538)
nope not operation tech. It was different job position. Anyway the HR emailed me an update that they're finalising it this week. So should be getting answers starting next week.

Oh HR just emailed you today? So they mentioned results will be finalized this week or early next?

Unregistered 13-04-2016 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongWait (Post 83525)

I went on the same date. 24th feb for the interview, but you alr got the medical check up. Do you think that they will send rejection letter or just keep quiet?

Yawn 13-04-2016 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83549)
Oh HR just emailed you today? So they mentioned results will be finalized this week or early next?

Accordingly to the email stated early next week. There are lots applicants out there, so I guess they need time to sort it out and they work mainly on the career site database. So if they think you're not the right fit should be already stated in the system for their ease of filtering.

Be patient. Coming soon. Embrace the outcome.

Unregistered 13-04-2016 09:30 PM

I'm kind of wondering why I can't log in into the portal? The response I got they couldn't find my Email/Password in the ExxonMobil system. Could it be they already remove my application and details?
By the way I applied on 18 January 2016. Got invited for interview on 26th of Feb. Given the M test after interview. Applied for Operations Technician position. The only technician experience I have was with a pharmaceutical plant for 1 1/2 years. Currently unemployed.
No rejection email yet. Still hoping like 5% for them to give me chance. Hahah

Locoski 13-04-2016 09:54 PM

Like i said,for those who are waiting for an answer from hr,you might want to try Chevron Oronite operations technician.So if you didnt get into em,theres still hope in chevron.

Unregistered 13-04-2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83570)
I'm kind of wondering why I can't log in into the portal? The response I got they couldn't find my Email/Password in the ExxonMobil system. Could it be they already remove my application and details?
By the way I applied on 18 January 2016. Got invited for interview on 26th of Feb. Given the M test after interview. Applied for Operations Technician position. The only technician experience I have was with a pharmaceutical plant for 1 1/2 years. Currently unemployed.
No rejection email yet. Still hoping like 5% for them to give me chance. Hahah

Don't give up bro..no rejection letter, i won't give up easily.

Unregistered 14-04-2016 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yawn (Post 83553)
Accordingly to the email stated early next week. There are lots applicants out there, so I guess they need time to sort it out and they work mainly on the career site database. So if they think you're not the right fit should be already stated in the system for their ease of filtering.

Be patient. Coming soon. Embrace the outcome.

Thanks for the clarification bro. Been waiting for results since my interview on the 26th of Feb. Fingers crossed and hopefully it'll be good news sooner rather than later.

Unregistered 14-04-2016 01:35 PM

Any news guys?

Unregistered 14-04-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83630)
Any news guys?

No news yet. It's Songkran festival in Thailand yesterday, thus I think HR office might be closed lol

Unregistered 14-04-2016 02:41 PM

Ohh ya..lol..but i'm worried..there's no news from them yet:(

Unregistered 18-04-2016 10:34 AM

Any further news / updates so far regarding the release of results for ops tech?

Unregistered 18-04-2016 10:35 AM

Still waiting bro

Unregistered 18-04-2016 11:14 AM

Not yet bro..still waiting:(

Unregistered 18-04-2016 01:06 PM

Haiss . Why oh why ? Some go for their medical already . Any number to call them ? All the numbers called didnt respond

Unregistered 18-04-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83890)
Haiss . Why oh why ? Some go for their medical already . Any number to call them ? All the numbers called didnt respond

From what i read from this thread, those who got called up for medical are those who went for interview on the 24th of Feb or before that. Anyone from 25th/ 26th feb interview got called up yet?

Anyone tried calling HR successfully?

Unregistered 18-04-2016 04:27 PM

Yup.I just went for my medical.iam from the 25th feb interview.

Unregistered 18-04-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83906)
Yup.I just went for my medical.iam from the 25th feb interview.

Bro , are you attended interview for opp tech position on 25th feb ?

Unregistered 18-04-2016 05:34 PM

Yes bro.i applied for ops tech and my interview date is on the 25th feb.got an email to go for med check up last week.So i booked medical appointment today.and now waiting for salary package.

Unregistered 18-04-2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83923)
Yes bro.i applied for ops tech and my interview date is on the 25th feb.got an email to go for med check up last week.So i booked medical appointment today.and now waiting for salary package.

oh , congrats bro . me too attained same date , but no update yet . But my HR status still " Application under review " . How about you ?
Is their any hope bro ?

Unregistered 18-04-2016 05:47 PM

Still early to say bro.Once medical check up pass,then i will get the salary package.for now i dont want to keep my hopes too high yet.mine is still application under review.have you checked your email?if still dont have,they will give a rejection letter.why dont u try other companies in the midst of waiting

Yawn 18-04-2016 05:53 PM

Call received~ got an offer!

Unregistered 18-04-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yawn (Post 83931)
Call received~ got an offer!

What date did you attend the interview?

Unregistered 19-04-2016 05:29 PM

Anyone from the 26th FEB 2016 ops tech interview rvc email/ calls yet?

This is ridiculous, waiting nearly 2 months for an answer. A simple yes/ no would set a person's heart at ease.

Unregistered 19-04-2016 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83974)
Anyone from the 26th FEB 2016 ops tech interview rvc email/ calls yet?

This is ridiculous, waiting nearly 2 months for an answer. A simple yes/ no would set a person's heart at ease.

I went on the 26th. Ive moved on n already got a better job. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side. Not hoping for it as much compared to before. But if i receive an offer, i will consider again. At least ive got a job to fall back on rather than keep waiting...

Unregistered 20-04-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83998)
I went on the 26th. Ive moved on n already got a better job. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side. Not hoping for it as much compared to before. But if i receive an offer, i will consider again. At least ive got a job to fall back on rather than keep waiting...

Congrats on getting a better job bro. However, is there no one else who attended 26th feb interview that has gotten news/updates?

Unregistered 20-04-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84022)
Congrats on getting a better job bro. However, is there no one else who attended 26th feb interview that has gotten news/updates?

Did anyone contact HR and ask? I went on the 26th too, no news yet? If rejected, shouldn't I get a rejection letter via email by now?

Unregistered 20-04-2016 05:04 PM

I went on 26th. Also no news email or anything.

Bob 20-04-2016 09:38 PM

Exxon

Guess what.... After spending time going for checkup... Just received email that I didn't get the job.... Dont get ur hopes too high bros.

Unregistered 20-04-2016 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 84071)
Guess what.... After spending time going for checkup... Just received email that I didn't get the job.... Dont get ur hopes too high bros.

Huh? Rejection after medical? Why so, unless you have a real medical issue(s), I do not see the reason behind this

Unregistered 20-04-2016 09:50 PM

Lol!!i was reschedule for another medical check up tmr and i too receive that email.im confuse as ****.😂

Unregistered 21-04-2016 12:56 AM

Finally the email came in just now arnd 9pm, rejection letter. Sad news, what makes it more bitter than ever that it only came near 2 months of waiting eversince my interview on the 26th of Feb for ops tech position.

Best part of it all, I thought that I really did well for the interview and my hopes were a tad high.

Life goes on, but all the best to those who got through!

Glitch 21-04-2016 01:20 AM

Rejection Email? Hmm..

Hey guys. I already went for my medical and was surprised to receive a rejection email twice by their auto generated system around 9pm. Then later on at 10pm, received another email from the HR asking to ignore the previous emails. Maybe some of you might want to check it out coz seems like there was a glitch in their system.

Nevertheless, best of luck guys!

Unregistered 21-04-2016 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitch (Post 84091)
Hey guys. I already went for my medical and was surprised to receive a rejection email twice by their auto generated system around 9pm. Then later on at 10pm, received another email from the HR asking to ignore the previous emails. Maybe some of you might want to check it out coz seems like there was a glitch in their system.

Are you sure it's a rejection email glitch? I was sent 2x as well. Arnd 9pm consecutively.

How abt those who are still awaiting results? Could it be a glitch lol

Unregistered 21-04-2016 02:46 AM

Quote:

After you've gotten the glitch, did you check your status on your portal? What was it?

Unregistered 21-04-2016 02:56 AM

Quote:

Although you rvc glitch email, did your status changed in the HR portal. Because i rvc the rejection letter twice. Went to check HR status in the portal and it states, Job status -open and HR status - No longer in consideration for this position?

Anyone else got the same?

Unregistered 21-04-2016 05:36 AM

Ive received two rejection emails. Status in portal was "no longer in consideration..."
For a heads up guys, those of u who got the job, try asking where your job locatiob will be at. I heard if u didnt get Jurong Island, u wont get the 1k+ allowance. Heard that they opening a new plant in tuas or somewhere outside of Jurong Island. Whatever it is, be happy n dont feel sad if u didnt get the job. God has better plans for u... ;)

Glitch 21-04-2016 10:48 PM

HR Status

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84093)
After you've gotten the glitch, did you check your status on your portal? What was it?

Its reflected as "Employment Offer".