Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

Sicness 24-06-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcwkm (Post 39034)
Sicness, whats your highest qualification?

O lvls only...

UnregisteredF 24-06-2013 08:54 PM

Bro how the interview today? So did they hire on the interview itself?

FTW 24-06-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnregisteredB (Post 39052)
forgot to add on, apply as a Op Tech ~ Fresh grad dip 1.7k only for me :/ why ah

Did they offer you the job on the spot?

FTW 24-06-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sicness (Post 39031)
Woohoo.. got an email from them n they asked me to come down for an interview.. the call came from an overseas number, Thailand to be exact... the HR from there... feeling excited and nervous at the same time.. it's been 4mths of waiting for their reply... i've applied for operation technician.. hope to get to know the pros n cons of an operation technician...

So wen is ur interview...?

Unregistered 25-06-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnregisteredB (Post 39051)
I just had a interview at EM this morning

Hey, I went for the interview with you too...I was the malay guy wearing in white.

tangwp 25-06-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39066)
Hey, I went for the interview with you too...I was the malay guy wearing in white.

Bro, so how's the interview? wat was the question they asked?

Unregistered 25-06-2013 12:28 PM

The questions are pretty standard. Brief introductory of oneself, Alot of current job questions here and there if you are currently employed. better dig some info on EM cause they will ask.
They do asked to define what honestly, teamwork and safety means to u. and lots of questions about ops tech job scope. eg. are you ready to get your hands dirty, are you ok with with shift work and what not. If you graduated with chemical engineering or chemical process, you better know your stuff. Its quite an interview for sure.

Best of Luck!

tangwp 25-06-2013 12:51 PM

Wao, so how long does the interview take? I mean the face to face interview.

UnregisteredB 25-06-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39066)
Hey, I went for the interview with you too...I was the malay guy wearing in white.

HAHAHA HEY HI! I Was the one sitting on the first table, chinese young kids

They asked me so you think you been selected? I replied can la.. then they told me to wait for email 2-3 weeks later... :/

Unregistered 25-06-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangwp (Post 39073)
Wao, so how long does the interview take? I mean the face to face interview.

I did not time but almost 30mins interview + chit chat

tangwp 25-06-2013 04:37 PM

So anyone had been selected?

sk8terboi 25-06-2013 08:19 PM

exxonmobil ops tech interview
 
they ask u to wait for email in 2-3 weeks? haha..I dun think so..HR will call u if u are shortlisted for second interview in a few days..and if u passed, u will be invited for a pre medical checkup..all candidates who went for the interview last week or 2 weeks before should be informed by now according to my friend who works there for 4 years..but they will also mail or email u a rejection letter no matter what according to my friend..anyways, I got a new job le...all da best to all bros who r looking forward to a successful career at Exxonmobil..shift work is very tiring according to my exp..especially if u r hold back awhile during passdown..and pivoting from morning shift to night shift is tough..gotta make sure u buy some ear plugs after going back from night shift..I rmb a day when my neighbour actually got repairing works in his home after my night shift, I was having a hard time sleeping due to the noise and not having adequate sleep before going back for work..gd luck to all! work hard and play harder!

UnregisteredB 25-06-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk8terboi (Post 39090)
they ask u to wait for email in 2-3 weeks? haha..I dun think so..HR will call u if u are shortlisted for second interview in a few days..and if u passed, u will be invited for a pre medical checkup..all candidates who went for the interview last week or 2 weeks before should be informed by now according to my friend who works there for 4 years..but they will also mail or email u a rejection letter no matter what according to my friend..anyways, I got a new job le...all da best to all bros who r looking forward to a successful career at Exxonmobil..shift work is very tiring according to my exp..especially if u r hold back awhile during passdown..and pivoting from morning shift to night shift is tough..gotta make sure u buy some ear plugs after going back from night shift..I rmb a day when my neighbour actually got repairing works in his home after my night shift, I was having a hard time sleeping due to the noise and not having adequate sleep before going back for work..gd luck to all! work hard and play harder!

You got the job as a process tech too? Congrats! then perhaps i shall wait and see selected or rejected and perhaps meet u there in oct.
Oh ya U r fresh graduated or have experience already? :)

UnregisteredB 25-06-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk8terboi (Post 39090)
they ask u to wait for email in 2-3 weeks? haha..I dun think so..HR will call u if u are shortlisted for second interview in a few days..and if u passed, u will be invited for a pre medical checkup..all candidates who went for the interview last week or 2 weeks before should be informed by now according to my friend who works there for 4 years..but they will also mail or email u a rejection letter no matter what according to my friend..anyways, I got a new job le...all da best to all bros who r looking forward to a successful career at Exxonmobil..shift work is very tiring according to my exp..especially if u r hold back awhile during passdown..and pivoting from morning shift to night shift is tough..gotta make sure u buy some ear plugs after going back from night shift..I rmb a day when my neighbour actually got repairing works in his home after my night shift, I was having a hard time sleeping due to the noise and not having adequate sleep before going back for work..gd luck to all! work hard and play harder!

sorry I read wrongly.. u got a new job at other company isit *which company can you say?* .. haha congrats..!

UnregisteredB 27-06-2013 07:44 PM

So anyone get the call after 1st interview?

Dee 28-06-2013 12:07 AM

Not yet.. Already 1 week plus since my interview.. Still waiting.. Anyone of u gys already called up for check up or anytng..

UnregisteredB 28-06-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 39182)
Not yet.. Already 1 week plus since my interview.. Still waiting.. Anyone of u gys already called up for check up or anytng..

So perhaps the 2-3 weeks of waiting for accept or rejection it's true :/

Sicness 01-07-2013 11:30 AM

Just patiently waiting for their reply... i'll give it 2 weeks or so.. if not, screw it.. better find other place...

FTW 09-07-2013 02:12 AM

Any news so far..guys?

Dee 09-07-2013 03:10 AM

Nope.. U? Any news?? :/

UnregisteredB 09-07-2013 05:10 PM

Why ah~ everyone no news ~ no accept nor rejection ~ making me finding other backups now

FTW 10-07-2013 11:42 AM

Still waiting...

Plasmaboy 15-07-2013 03:52 PM

Power Plant Operations Technician
 
Hi,

I have an Interview with Sembcorp Industries as Power Plant Operations Technician this week. I believe that they will still pay the same if not similar rate for basic + shift allowance, laundry, etc same like other petrochemical companies in Jurong Island?

Any guys having any idea of their salary package? Thank you!

Dee 16-07-2013 01:53 PM

Anyone received email already?

FTW 16-07-2013 02:26 PM

Nope...wat abt u?this is the forth week ady..

Unregistered 17-07-2013 11:28 PM

its nearing my fourth week already. i went for the interview on the 20th of june. I think its time to give exxon HR a call?

Unregistered 18-07-2013 01:13 AM

I got an email in monday, they ask for medical checkup...

FTW 18-07-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40051)
I got an email in monday, they ask for medical checkup...

When was ur interview?

Unregistered 18-07-2013 06:58 AM

26th june...

Unregistered 18-07-2013 01:20 PM

I also got an email on Monday too

FTW 18-07-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40068)
I also got an email on Monday too

And when did u go for ur interview bro?

Unregistered 18-07-2013 11:48 PM

Hi guyz, have faith in yourself and exxon. I apply for operation tech last year end of dec, interview on the march 2013, medical checkup and job offered on the may 2013 but they offer me process technician. Next week going to start work already. It takes more then 6 month for me to get the job. I have feed back to them regarding the processing time too long...For my experience, the only thing you can do is give them a call or email. As you know the HR is busy and hiring ppl. So the processing time sure very long. Good news is this year they are hiring 100 technicians. Good Luck guys :)

Hansolo 19-07-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40082)
Hi guyz, have faith in yourself and exxon. I apply for operation tech last year end of dec, interview on the march 2013, medical checkup and job offered on the may 2013 but they offer me process technician. Next week going to start work already. It takes more then 6 month for me to get the job. I have feed back to them regarding the processing time too long...For my experience, the only thing you can do is give them a call or email. As you know the HR is busy and hiring ppl. So the processing time sure very long. Good news is this year they are hiring 100 technicians. Good Luck guys :)

Hi Bro,

Good news for you. Can i ask you one thing.. What is your previous experience before applyig to Exxon? Same line as before? Haha..

Unregistered 19-07-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTW (Post 40069)
And when did u go for ur interview bro?

24th of June

Unregistered 19-07-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40082)
Hi guyz, have faith in yourself and exxon. I apply for operation tech last year end of dec, interview on the march 2013, medical checkup and job offered on the may 2013 but they offer me process technician. Next week going to start work already. It takes more then 6 month for me to get the job. I have feed back to them regarding the processing time too long...For my experience, the only thing you can do is give them a call or email. As you know the HR is busy and hiring ppl. So the processing time sure very long. Good news is this year they are hiring 100 technicians. Good Luck guys :)

Waaa!!! World war 3 ? 100 tech fighting ! To promote

Unregistered 20-07-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hansolo (Post 40089)
Hi Bro,

Good news for you. Can i ask you one thing.. What is your previous experience before applyig to Exxon? Same line as before? Haha..

Hi, I apply as fresh grad...no experience.

Yeah...100 tech...heard from the HR lol...they are expanding the plant.

tangwp 22-07-2013 09:26 AM

I m quite interesting how many ppl they ask for interview...

Unregistered 22-07-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40140)
Hi, I apply as fresh grad...no experience.

Yeah...100 tech...heard from the HR lol...they are expanding the plant.

If you don't mind, may I ask how is the salary?

and you are fresh grad with what degree and honors?

hopeful 22-07-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40200)
If you don't mind, may I ask how is the salary?

and you are fresh grad with what degree and honors?

Tech should be diploma or lower, if got degree is over qualified liao. Starting pay should be $1800-1900 plus $980 shift allowance plus some misc firefighting/1st aider allowance.

AWS is fixed 3 months plus VB depending on company performance.

Unregistered 22-07-2013 08:30 PM

Hi hopeful how did u get that basic 1800-1900 from ?
My friend just got from another company they giving him only 1500 basic for diploma holder


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2