Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

floralpeace 20-08-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55007)
No... jobless for 2 mths since I served notice... so on resume jobless for 4 mths (because I omit previous experience) and still counting. Getting worried on how to explain my jobless status if it drags on. Some recruiters and HR already asking what I have been doing for these months..

Same I omit a few months off. N nw my gap is big. Dunno how.
So u had interviews n r waiting for news?
I oso in similar shoes. Jus that fail quite a handful of interviews.
Now hope gt calls before q4 kicks in.

Unregistered 20-08-2014 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floralpeace (Post 55008)
Same I omit a few months off. N nw my gap is big. Dunno how.
So u had interviews n r waiting for news?
I oso in similar shoes. Jus that fail quite a handful of interviews.
Now hope gt calls before q4 kicks in.

I'm equally lost and helpless as well.

floralpeace 20-08-2014 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55009)
I'm equally lost and helpless as well.

Once q4 kicks in...v likely hv to wait for 2015 feb to March. .

Unregistered 20-08-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floralpeace (Post 54981)
Even if state fact but it has nt a gd meaning oso mean badmouth liao. Lie is better.
Cz if say choosy they will think wah ppl find job tk 1 month u tk 6 month maybe u r lousy, so blame it to employer choosy.
Everyone know the fact that its v competitive out there. But still want to hear nice words ba. Thats y nd think of proper justification for the gap to make it look gd.

Actually you want to heed my advice or not is up to you. Employers are not stupid, what they want is only one thing, the truth. Since you want to cook up a story to cover up your 6 months gap and worry whether they will find out or not, by all means if you have alot of energy to worry. Employers have all means to do a checkup or they can tell whether you are ********ting during interview. I have been to countless interviews, pass or fail, I know what type of qn they will ask, and by the qn they ask me, I know whether I stand a chance or not.

floralpeace 20-08-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55015)
Actually you want to heed my advice or not is up to you. Employers are not stupid, what they want is only one thing, the truth. Since you want to cook up a story to cover up your 6 months gap and worry whether they will find out or not, by all means if you have alot of energy to worry. Employers have all means to do a checkup or they can tell whether you are ********ting during interview. I have been to countless interviews, pass or fail, I know what type of qn they will ask, and by the qn they ask me, I know whether I stand a chance or not.

Told the truth before they no happy with answer.
Ask if I did find out what went wrong during selection process.

And another time hr ask dun u think ur jobsearch abit too long.

PinkyToes 20-08-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floralpeace (Post 55026)
Told the truth before they no happy with answer.
Ask if I did find out what went wrong during selection process.

And another time hr ask dun u think ur jobsearch abit too long.

Sometimes, luck plays a part in an interview, that is whether you would get an understanding interviewer, and whether he/she is in a good mood.

Usually, being honest in an interview is very important, because you can cook up many excuses but if you run out of reasons, they will think that you are dishonest and would be a poor candidate - probably you would fail

However, if you are too honest, they will think that you are not adaptable to situations and are not able to handle work pressure or not a team player.

Therefore, I feel that luck plays an important part during an interview, other than of course confidence etc.

floralpeace 20-08-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyToes (Post 55027)
Sometimes, luck plays a part in an interview, that is whether you would get an understanding interviewer, and whether he/she is in a good mood.

Usually, being honest in an interview is very important, because you can cook up many excuses but if you run out of reasons, they will think that you are dishonest and would be a poor candidate - probably you would fail

However, if you are too honest, they will think that you are not adaptable to situations and are not able to handle work pressure or not a team player.

Therefore, I feel that luck plays an important part during an interview, other than of course confidence etc.

I have been telling truth for ard 10 interviews
Recently 2 to 3 I cook lies
None offered.

PinkyToes 20-08-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floralpeace (Post 55028)
None offered.

Well, at least u have been to 10 interviews. I only been to 2 interviews in close to 3 months. Fresh grad here.

floralpeace 20-08-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyToes (Post 55030)
Well, at least u have been to 10 interviews. I only been to 2 interviews in close to 3 months. Fresh grad here.

As I go more I hv less choice cz omos everywhr went before.

Unregistered 20-08-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floralpeace (Post 55028)
None offered.

At least u are called down for so many interviews. I only got 1 interview every 1 to 2 months. May I ask how many resumes u send a day or a week on average to get so many interviews?

Could it be that the companies are still processing the interview results and not that u are not offered? Did u call the HR to check on the results of ur interview? I went for an interview 1 mth plus ago and HR told me they still processing.