Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 19-08-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54931)
Backpacking ard the world for 6 months is normal, or go overseas volunteer community work.

Can these be checked? Possible to stay in a foreign country for few months so long?

Unregistered 19-08-2014 10:55 AM

If they want to hire you, they will.
Won't go to such extent.

floralpeace 19-08-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54933)
If they want to hire you, they will.
Won't go to such extent.

Most of the time, they don't.

Unregistered 19-08-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floralpeace (Post 54914)
Sorry wad is 1758?
I think cannot speak any negative thg abt anythg.
Including saying potential employers choosy.
Should put everythg in positive light leh.

You got it wrong. It has nothing to do with positive or negative. You are not speaking bad about anyone or any companies. You are merely stating the fact . If they aren't choosy, you won't be jobless for so long. You aren't talking about your ex company or ex boss either. I don't see what is wrong in stating the fact when you are not even bad mouthing your ex co. or boss.

Maytaj 19-08-2014 02:52 PM

Have been jobless since July. Gave up my $3K salary per month after working for more than 6 years. Now still can't find a job after getting my part-time degree. Sent out countless resume. Only got a few interviews. Was offered a $2K job but I rejected it.

floralpeace 19-08-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54951)
You got it wrong. It has nothing to do with positive or negative. You are not speaking bad about anyone or any companies. You are merely stating the fact . If they aren't choosy, you won't be jobless for so long. You aren't talking about your ex company or ex boss either. I don't see what is wrong in stating the fact when you are not even bad mouthing your ex co. or boss.

Even if state fact but it has nt a gd meaning oso mean badmouth liao. Lie is better.
Cz if say choosy they will think wah ppl find job tk 1 month u tk 6 month maybe u r lousy, so blame it to employer choosy.
Everyone know the fact that its v competitive out there. But still want to hear nice words ba. Thats y nd think of proper justification for the gap to make it look gd.

Unregistered 19-08-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maytaj (Post 54957)
Have been jobless since July. Gave up my $3K salary per month after working for more than 6 years. Now still can't find a job after getting my part-time degree. Sent out countless resume. Only got a few interviews. Was offered a $2K job but I rejected it.

jobless for one month is still alright. Take it as a break. Continue finding. Keep your expected salary at $3k and above since you have 6 yrs work exp and now already securing a degree.

If situation does not improve after months, you shd consider lower your expected salary

Unregistered 20-08-2014 12:37 AM

I have been looking for a job for 2 months, it just gets more and more depressing every day.

I left my previous job and chose not to be confirmed for the job after working for 2 months or so. Reason being a senior colleague that was favored by the boss pushing a lot of work to me. At first I didn't mind the work, since i get to learn more also. But after a while I lose my weekends to rush deadlines, only to get scolded by the boss for not producing something up to her expectations. Boss just turns a blind eye to my work overload and let senior colleague deal with me. I just felt that its not worth it and effectively when i keep rushing deadlines i don't really learn because there is just no time to digest the work.

Now I'm job hunting based on my other work experience (excluding the previous) because the stay was too short and I can't explain for it and I dont want to badmouth previous boss. Sometimes I reflect whether I did anything wrong to deserve all these or not... sigh...

-Local uni grad with second upper business degree, 3 yrs work experience, and dependents to provide monthly allowance to

floralpeace 20-08-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55002)
I have been looking for a job for 2 months, it just gets more and more depressing every day.

I left my previous job and chose not to be confirmed for the job after working for 2 months or so. Reason being a senior colleague that was favored by the boss pushing a lot of work to me. At first I didn't mind the work, since i get to learn more also. But after a while I lose my weekends to rush deadlines, only to get scolded by the boss for not producing something up to her expectations. Boss just turns a blind eye to my work overload and let senior colleague deal with me. I just felt that its not worth it and effectively when i keep rushing deadlines i don't really learn because there is just no time to digest the work.

Now I'm job hunting based on my other work experience (excluding the previous) because the stay was too short and I can't explain for it and I dont want to badmouth previous boss. Sometimes I reflect whether I did anything wrong to deserve all these or not... sigh...

-Local uni grad with second upper business degree, 3 yrs work experience, and dependents to provide monthly allowance to

Just omit it frm your resume.
So ur still serving notice there?

Unregistered 20-08-2014 12:58 AM

No... jobless for 2 mths since I served notice... so on resume jobless for 4 mths (because I omit previous experience) and still counting. Getting worried on how to explain my jobless status if it drags on. Some recruiters and HR already asking what I have been doing for these months..