Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 04-11-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58446)
No, usually they tell me the usual polite stuff like thanks for coming down, we will contact you for next round within 1 or 2 weeks if shortlisted etc. etc.

For my current job which is shitty and I can't wait to quit, I did have a good feeling after my interview, the boss even told me he thought my application was quite strong but he still had to see other applicants since already arranged to meet them.

I think you can more or less feel the vibe from the interviewer/hr during such situations la. Everytime I had bad/doubtful vibes from the interviewer I never got offered.

Don't give up. Continue to apply and you bound to get an job offer eventually.

Unregistered 11-11-2014 11:14 AM

Jobs hunt

Can anyone advise me how long the process will take these days before a candidate is successfully offer the job?

Unregistered 11-11-2014 05:13 PM

job hunt

been unemployed since sep 5, but i quit my first job on aug 3, but i did not include my second job in my resume as i only work for 3 weeks and quit.

so my resume now is 3 months of unemployment. feeling stress out to get a job, being offer a job for telesales(6 month contract) by a job recruitment company in a industry that i am not interested at, as i am an introvert, don't think could handle a telesales job, any advices? should i just try the telesales job or continue to find a full time job?

Unregistered 12-11-2014 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58668)
been unemployed since sep 5, but i quit my first job on aug 3, but i did not include my second job in my resume as i only work for 3 weeks and quit.

so my resume now is 3 months of unemployment. feeling stress out to get a job, being offer a job for telesales(6 month contract) by a job recruitment company in a industry that i am not interested at, as i am an introvert, don't think could handle a telesales job, any advices? should i just try the telesales job or continue to find a full time job?

am also an introvert. don't think you should take the job and make yourself miserable. if want to get a temporary or part time job at least get something less miserable.

can i ask why you quit your job without first getting another job?

Unregistered 12-11-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58682)
am also an introvert. don't think you should take the job and make yourself miserable. if want to get a temporary or part time job at least get something less miserable.

can i ask why you quit your job without first getting another job?

I wanted to work something related to what i study previously in my diploma so i quit my first job , but my my second job is too fast pace for me to cope and i can't stand the stress and i quit in 3 weeks. Also partially is my problem too as the previous job need some skill sets that i am not that familiar with as i have not use that skill set for almost 2 years after i graduated from my diploma, so i am working slower than others yet still need to keep onto the fast pace environment. So after 3 weeks i just can't take it anymore and i quit without a job.

Unregistered 12-11-2014 03:26 PM

Is the current job market really so tight that there are hardly calls from recruiters or potential employers?

Unregistered 12-11-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58703)
Is the current job market really so tight that there are hardly calls from recruiters or potential employers?

I am not sure though, but most of the recruiting company that find me usually like to offer for temp or those 2,3-6 mth contract job. one of the recruiting company even told me is very hard to find perm job now as is coming year end so there is not much recruitment for perm. not really sure what that recruitment company say is it true or not.

Another wise for potential employers i did get around 2-3 interview but no news after that.

Unregistered 12-11-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58668)

Just suck it up and take the sales job so you won't have a blank period in your resume. You can look for a job while you work.

Sales is also good experience to have and you should give it a shot before you reject it.

Unregistered 13-11-2014 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58695)
I wanted to work something related to what i study previously in my diploma so i quit my first job , but my my second job is too fast pace for me to cope and i can't stand the stress and i quit in 3 weeks. Also partially is my problem too as the previous job need some skill sets that i am not that familiar with as i have not use that skill set for almost 2 years after i graduated from my diploma, so i am working slower than others yet still need to keep onto the fast pace environment. So after 3 weeks i just can't take it anymore and i quit without a job.

tough luck. i think you should not put those jobs on your resume, confirm kena blacklisted by hr for being a quitter. especially for your reasons for quitting...they'll think you're a lousy worker.

i had to leave my contract job cos company restructuring and i was made surplus to requirements...it was almost a year contract, but every time i still have to explain about why i left and see the interviewer frown...damn sian.

Unregistered 13-11-2014 12:29 AM

Sent countless applications since May earlier this year, only got FIVE interviews, and ZERO offers from those interviews. I think I'm really too honest during interviews...I can't stand smoking and saying things that you know and interviewer also know is smoke.

Also for some interviews go there then find out job scope very different from what was advertised on the jd. Don't know why companies do this, it's wasting everyone's time.

Thinking of going back to study one year masters to open more avenues to fields I have interest in, but money, social pressure concerns are stopping me.