Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 26-10-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188032)
lol imagine listening to faglords for advice in this sh1tier forum

yeah man ,not sure why he resorted to saying weak and stupid. people already down , why go worsen it.

Unregistered 27-10-2021 09:48 AM

how do you guys quit a job? isnt it awkward?

Unregistered 27-10-2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188020)
Boomers think being loyal to the company will reap them plenty rewards. But the very day you drop dead, they replace you within a week. If you find that the job is not suitable just move on. They will replace you almost immediately.

Agree. No one cannot be replaced. If the job is good, stay on. Don't miss a good opportunity by being loyal to current company.

Unregistered 27-10-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188149)
how do you guys quit a job? isnt it awkward?

"hi boss, i would like to terminate my employment as of this date, and will serve x months of notice. I appreciate the opportunity to work under you and all the best for your future endeavours"

It's that simple, just say the above F2F and you're good to go.

Unregistered 27-10-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188196)
"hi boss, i would like to terminate my employment as of this date, and will serve x months of notice. I appreciate the opportunity to work under you and all the best for your future endeavours"

It's that simple, just say the above F2F and you're good to go.

i was just asking haha. is it really necessary to go f2f? cant via email? especially nowadays alot wfh or alternate days

kim1995 27-10-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188199)
i was just asking haha. is it really necessary to go f2f? cant via email? especially nowadays alot wfh or alternate days

Yes of course you can send an email and notice to HR or manager.

I don't think anyone sends in their notice by meeting up with their manager... That's really awkward hahah.

Unregistered 28-10-2021 06:56 AM

Do not be worry on how others might label you as job hopper or "weak" if you quit early. At the end of the day, its your choice. Once you leave, you probably wont se them ever again. Jus be polite when leaving the company. Try to do work as usual till the final week of your stay then finish up any administrative stuff with HR such as returning work laptops and pass etc.

Unregistered 01-11-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188199)

if you hate your boss and don't mind burning bridges, you can email. Otherwise, can do it via a call if you're working from home.

Unregistered 20-12-2021 11:20 PM

Help, jobless for 2yr+ already, super stress now

Unregistered 20-12-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194386)
Help, jobless for 2yr+ already, super stress now

What degree? Any past experiences? Reason for unemployment?