Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 25-10-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187979)
thats the problem. why i gotta wait till i am in that state then i will quit? I know the older generations will see this as weak but at the end of the day , they are not going to be responsible for my well-being or my future. I understand its bad to job hop so quick, but i gave it a try for two months and i dont see myself getting comfortable with this field.

well it seems that you're already hellbent on quitting, so do your thing :)

Unregistered 25-10-2021 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187979)
thats the problem. why i gotta wait till i am in that state then i will quit? I know the older generations will see this as weak but at the end of the day , they are not going to be responsible for my well-being or my future. I understand its bad to job hop so quick, but i gave it a try for two months and i dont see myself getting comfortable with this field.

Throwing down the job is weak and go without income is stupid. So if quitting without a job is your intention then you are both weak and stupid. You picked the job in the first place, have the decency to finish off the contract. If you don't, at least give yourself a post resignation plan. You are already weak, yet you still look forward to being stupid as well.

Unregistered 25-10-2021 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187983)
Throwing down the job is weak and go without income is stupid. So if quitting without a job is your intention then you are both weak and stupid. You picked the job in the first place, have the decency to finish off the contract. If you don't, at least give yourself a post resignation plan. You are already weak, yet you still look forward to being stupid as well.

chill man, why you got to be hard on that guy. From what i see, if he is willing to quit after those short months, i assume he is financially stable. It true that throwing down the job is seen as weak but i guess its better than doing work unmotivated and causing many problems for the rest of his colleagues.

kim1995 25-10-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187961)
Thanks for the info. its a contract job. the only incentive i get is a bonus if i completed the 1 year contract. Its going to be 2 months soon and i still think its not a suitable job for me. I tried to give it a shot, but even closing to 2 months, i still think its not the job for me.

No problem!

Definitely quit if you're feeling horrible, in the end life is about your mental health and happiness. take a short break, recover, figure out what you wanna do. there's tons of jobs so you're bound to find one you like.

Unregistered 26-10-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187958)
Then why I as degree holder when I join a MNC I get to promote to E6 from E5 but Dip holder only promote from E4 and rarely? In MNC, we also structure our promotion by paper qualification. Because Your 10 year experience is nothing compared to a degree! Please lah don't tell me how good your performance is or bring in how many revenue. Revenue is overrated lah, don't be lazy to and get a degree and you can also promote like us to E6.

You from st izzit? Dude, St not mnc lah.

Unregistered 26-10-2021 08:59 AM

My view may not be what you want to hear but you should stay but be actively looking for a job.

A few years back in my first job I knew I didn’t like it the second week in. Eventually I got a job and left after eight months.

It is 1) always more presentable when you at least have a job vs being jobless to hr and 2) when you have a convincing story for why you are looking, nobody really bats an eye and 3) potential of lost income

Unregistered 26-10-2021 10:14 AM

Boomers think being loyal to the company will reap them plenty rewards. But the very day you drop dead, they replace you within a week. If you find that the job is not suitable just move on. They will replace you almost immediately.

Unregistered 26-10-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187983)

lol imagine listening to faglords for advice in this sh1tier forum

Unregistered 26-10-2021 12:21 PM

Salty boomers getting mad cause they are not rewarded for their loyalty

Unregistered 26-10-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188039)
Salty boomers getting mad cause they are not rewarded for their loyalty

i hate boomers.