Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 03-09-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181999)
Ya sia...I always thought here is sinkie pwn sinkie

Ya lor simi 15k, 20k starting pay, damn joke

Unregistered 08-09-2021 01:59 AM

Going to be jobless soon. Feeling miserable as it is so tough to land a job

Life is not worth living. Got a contract job mid Jan 2021. Extended every 2 - 3 months and am not going to be extended anymore. Getting rejected by applications I sent out. Very tired of life. Just want a simple admin job and one that is able to WFH as I have other things to sort out in my life.

sinkingfeeling 12-09-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182385)
Life is not worth living. Got a contract job mid Jan 2021. Extended every 2 - 3 months and am not going to be extended anymore. Getting rejected by applications I sent out. Very tired of life. Just want a simple admin job and one that is able to WFH as I have other things to sort out in my life.

Don't worry, it is only going to get worse from here. :(

Unregistered 12-09-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182385)

walao simple job, able to wfh.. so much demand leh. cannot la like that. if you want a job you cannot ask for too much. wfh or simple job is dependent on the employer. sacrifice must be made if you want a job.

Unregistered 12-09-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182785)
walao simple job, able to wfh.. so much demand leh. cannot la like that. if you want a job you cannot ask for too much. wfh or simple job is dependent on the employer. sacrifice must be made if you want a job.

Want simple job, WFH, flexible timing, good bosses, office must be near residence, high pay and high bonus. These are common "requirements". And you wonder why companies rather hire FT than locals....

Unregistered 14-09-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182785)

Did the person demand alot? You won't know what the person is going through and you are so quick to say the person is demanding alot

Unregistered 14-09-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182822)
Want simple job, WFH, flexible timing, good bosses, office must be near residence, high pay and high bonus. These are common "requirements". And you wonder why companies rather hire FT than locals....

Don't think FT do not make any demands too

Unregistered 14-09-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183024)
Don't think FT do not make any demands too

old gen FTs dont. now new gen FTs all demand same like local. but not as bad. local want more because they spent more money and time on education . plus guys need serve ns. 2 years gone.

Unregistered 15-09-2021 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183023)
Did the person demand alot? You won't know what the person is going through and you are so quick to say the person is demanding alot

Ummm that's why that person is jobless or always in between jobs?

Unregistered 15-09-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183025)
old gen FTs dont. now new gen FTs all demand same like local. but not as bad. local want more because they spent more money and time on education . plus guys need serve ns. 2 years gone.

If FT is demanding he/she would have skills in demand otherwise they just won't get a job and will have to pack up and go back to their own country. So nothing to cry or complain about. And employers pay for value not how much you spend on your education or serve NS. You want those to be valued you go and find jobs in public sector or uniformed bodies.