Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 07-09-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarki95 (Post 145121)
But don’t you just feel so drain out after 18 months of searching for a job ? That kind of motivation...is needed badly haha

Oh yes of course. There are some really bad days of hopelessness. Especially the days when you get rejected after doing multiple rounds and you think it’s going extremely well and that you’ll get that job you’ve been interviewing for. You start questioning yourself and your abilities.

But then you realize the only way to get out of this rut is to stay strong and keep trying because if you stop trying, then you are absolutely, surely ****ed.

There are ways to feel better mentally. I highly recommend joining a gym and forcing yourself to work out. Your mind feels so much better after a good, hard work out. Or pick up a hobby/sport. Keep yourself busy.

Unregistered 10-09-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145126)
Oh yes of course. There are some really bad days of hopelessness. Especially the days when you get rejected after doing multiple rounds and you think it’s going extremely well and that you’ll get that job you’ve been interviewing for. You start questioning yourself and your abilities.

But then you realize the only way to get out of this rut is to stay strong and keep trying because if you stop trying, then you are absolutely, surely ****ed.

There are ways to feel better mentally. I highly recommend joining a gym and forcing yourself to work out. Your mind feels so much better after a good, hard work out. Or pick up a hobby/sport. Keep yourself busy.

I took up sgus traineeship course to upgrade myself while looking for job. Right now the class size is getting smaller as students are allow to dropout if they manage to find job. Haha so demoralize sia.. when u hear someone dropout because he/she foubd a good job.

Unregistered 10-09-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145283)
I took up sgus traineeship course to upgrade myself while looking for job. Right now the class size is getting smaller as students are allow to dropout if they manage to find job. Haha so demoralize sia.. when u hear someone dropout because he/she foubd a good job.

Oh yes I was looking at traineeships too but I couldn’t get any because they were mostly targeted for fresh graduates. Honestly, when prospective employers see that you are even willing to take traineeships, it shows determination which they would really respect.

Hang in there, the only way is forward.

Unregistered 15-09-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarki95 (Post 145115)
How did you face embarrassment and humiliation if people still ask you , eh he is still jobless? How do you react to that? Doesn’t it feel depressing?

Just like this also embarrassed? Self-esteem so low? Man up there!

Unregistered 17-09-2020 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144714)
Don't waste time with wsg / e2i.

Their so call 'career-matching' is at most they say got this job, that job suitable for u. Now go apply urself, die urself

This year I went for the so call 'career coach' at Jurong East e2i, the lady 'coach' was like Carol Beer from Little Britain

Yes , I took a call from this e2i / skillsfuture / whatever career coach ... omg, the voice was so contemplative and it’s like she was talking to a lazy bum who decided to live in Govt grants . I tot I was overly sensitive due to Low confidence from being jobless, but I did not forge though the next meeting as I felt really bad after just that call. Became more depressed.

I also had “friend” ask me whether I regret leaving my job ... like when I have so much to do now ( applying jobs / improve resume ) and not dwell about the past

Unregistered 30-09-2020 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145283)

ikr, it's okay take this time to slowly learn new skills, given the outlook now, likely 2021 will be like this too. Take your time and you will enjoy the traineeship.

Unregistered 04-10-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145724)
Yes , I took a call from this e2i / skillsfuture / whatever career coach ... omg, the voice was so contemplative and it’s like she was talking to a lazy bum who decided to live in Govt grants . I tot I was overly sensitive due to Low confidence from being jobless, but I did not forge though the next meeting as I felt really bad after just that call. Became more depressed.

I also had “friend” ask me whether I regret leaving my job ... like when I have so much to do now ( applying jobs / improve resume ) and not dwell about the past

The job market is really pathetic right now.... where got jobs sia

Unregistered 04-10-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146727)
The job market is really pathetic right now.... where got jobs sia

Newspaper i think got say there is too many sg traineeships than demand to applied for them. Should go tried if joblessness for long time before.

Unregistered 04-10-2020 11:06 PM

cannot find job

fresh grad here, difficult to find jobs also. Applied for more than 50+ jobs including sgus roles but so far still waiting on them to come back. Will be graduating at the end of the year :(

Unregistered 05-10-2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146757)
fresh grad here, difficult to find jobs also. Applied for more than 50+ jobs including sgus roles but so far still waiting on them to come back. Will be graduating at the end of the year :(

Same, it\'s better to apply for contract and part time job first. Perm job I heard a lot of my friends been taking 7 to 12 months still cannot find.