Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 06-05-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118330)
Is it wise to take eg 20-30% paycut for a contract role during unemployment? If we did, would it affect the pay for the next job? Are we still in a position to ask for our original remuneration?

First you must ask yourself how long more you are able to go unemployed if you reject this job? If desperate I think just accept it..

Unregistered 06-05-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118330)
Is it wise to take eg 20-30% paycut for a contract role during unemployment? If we did, would it affect the pay for the next job? Are we still in a position to ask for our original remuneration?

I had the same problem as you last time. In the end, I accepted the job. Not that I was desperate or running out of savings, more like the longer there is a gap in between jobs, the less attractive the cv will be. Doing something (regardless of pay) is better than doing nothing.

Unregistered 06-05-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118339)
I had the same problem as you last time. In the end, I accepted the job. Not that I was desperate or running out of savings, more like the longer there is a gap in between jobs, the less attractive the cv will be. Doing something (regardless of pay) is better than doing nothing.

Did you revert to yr old pay in yr next job?

Unregistered 06-05-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118349)
Did you revert to yr old pay in yr next job?

Not yet move the next job. Haha

Unregistered 07-05-2019 01:58 PM

Hey guys can ask:

1) when the company HR asks for your payslip (I’m the job applicant),
Does it usually mean I’m more or less selected alr? Also, has anyone tried giving an expected salary instead of showing actual payslip?

2) when recruiter/ headhunter asks for your exact pay, do you all give the actual figure or ballpark figure?

Unregistered 07-05-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118409)
Hey guys can ask:

1) when the company HR asks for your payslip (I’m the job applicant),
Does it usually mean I’m more or less selected alr? Also, has anyone tried giving an expected salary instead of showing actual payslip?

2) when recruiter/ headhunter asks for your exact pay, do you all give the actual figure or ballpark figure?

When they ask for your payslip it just means they want to compare you as a candidate with others, or it means that they are doing the first cutoff to see if your salary is even within their budget.
When they ask for your exact pay, there's no point lying because if (1) happens and your salary is too high they won't offer you the job anyway

Unregistered 09-05-2019 08:13 PM

Recruiter tells me that job has been filled a week ago. Saw the job ad posted 15 hours ago for the same position. Does this happen quite often

Unregistered 13-05-2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117983)
Yup can anyone provide any insight on this?
Is this required before the offer? Or usually upon offer?

Upon offer, at no charge (local bank)

TakemiShino 14-05-2019 12:36 PM

5 months and counting. Not doing so well in the I.T. sector and want to switch to some to
some other sector and finding it very hard espically when new has broken on the IBM staff retrenchment.
zzzzz

Unregistered 14-05-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118708)
Upon offer, at no charge (local bank)

Hey thanks for the info, was interviewing with a FI

They also asked us to give before last round

Guess it’s good news