Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 29-05-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119616)
Does anyone has this experience ?

You went to an interview and the interview went well and you managed to impress the Interviewer. Then the interviewer was pleased to offer you the job and told you they will send the Letter of Offer via email to you and to bring it on the first day of work. Then you did not receive their email. Then you happen to see they put up an advertisement for the same position 9 hours later (on the same day you went tothe interview)

I do not want to sound pushy and desperate so I did not email them to ask for the Letter of Offer. I just want to make out what is happening here.

Maybe you can try calling the HR who arrange this interview to check the status ..

Unregistered 29-05-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119494)
how to know whether you are selected for the job after interview? Other than recruiter calling me how the interview went afterwards.

If the company (MNC) called me 2 months after interview with a job offer, is it suspicious? I thought i didnt get the job already than suddenly job offer.

Unregistered 29-05-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119632)
If the company (MNC) called me 2 months after interview with a job offer, is it suspicious? I thought i didnt get the job already than suddenly job offer.

Maybe their preferred candidate found another job and they go down the ranking

Unregistered 29-05-2019 02:44 PM

If you are jobless, do you still give monthly allowance to your parents every month?

Unregistered 29-05-2019 07:54 PM

Hi all, would like some advice from working adults
I am about to start university in July this year (NUS); i.e not working yet.
I am generally a very passive person, can be quiet/introverted/boring in daily life with limited social circle, and certainly not ambitious (i.e not leadership material)
> sadly I haven't been able to change that (even during army)

I am just wondering if people like me (with such personality) are generally condemned in the work society? (given that the job market is so bad now...)
> I am not even aiming to be the cream of the crop, just want a stable 8-5 job with a reasonable monthly paycheck (maybe 3k after a few years of work?) to feed myself

I know I am looking too far ahead (as I haven't even start uni) but feeling worried that I will end up jobless

Unregistered 29-05-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119655)
I am generally a very passive person, can be quiet/introverted/boring in daily life with limited social circle, and certainly not ambitious (i.e not leadership material)

I am just wondering if people like me (with such personality) are generally condemned in the work society? (given that the job market is so bad now...)
> I am not even aiming to be the cream of the crop, just want a stable 8-5 job with a reasonable monthly paycheck (maybe 3k after a few years of work?) to feed myself

I know I am looking too far ahead (as I haven't even start uni) but feeling worried that I will end up jobless

Hey, don't be too pessimistic as you will only be looking for a job 2 or 3 years later. Things would be better by that time for all that we know.

Not being ambitious it's ok but at least try to make more friends in your uni's year, having friends alone can make your life more positive and enjoyable. Try to be more open and friendly to anyone and try to attend any friend outings. Your friends circle will grow from there.

Jia you!

Unregistered 29-05-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119655)

you better be making a 180 if you want any security in the future. not joking.

Unregistered 30-05-2019 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119634)
If you are jobless, do you still give monthly allowance to your parents every month?

Give for what. your parents no hand and leg to find job feed themselves?

Unregistered 30-05-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119634)

Depending on how much you have left obviously. If you don’t even have enough to feed yourself then why give your parents?
I’m sure your parents are aware that you’re unemployed and wouldn’t go asking from you anyways

Unregistered 30-05-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119694)
Depending on how much you have left obviously. If you don’t even have enough to feed yourself then why give your parents?
I’m sure your parents are aware that you’re unemployed and wouldn’t go asking from you anyways

They still expect me to give leh..although a smaller amt