Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 01-11-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worried11 (Post 188791)
Was verbally offered three weeks ago but currently still pending checks. Anyone faced this before? I am worried there might be a change in org priorities and there might be a possibility of my contract being rescinded.

Not sure where you applied but i dont think they would give verbal offers. Usually the only confirmation is when they send u the contract. Because anything could happen in between, like backgrouns or medical checks etc..

Unregistered 02-11-2021 08:42 AM

What's the typical processing time required by Vital to get in touch on the appointment formalities? I'm less than a month to my agreed commencement date but have yet to hear from Vital. Any advice from those being appointed in recent months would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Unregistered 14-11-2021 09:55 AM

Singapore Customs officer

Hi all, i just want to check with you guys. Ive went for panel interview ending of oct, and went for pre employment medical starting of nov. How long is the process and pre employment meaning i get the job or naaaah?

Thank you in advance

Unregistered 14-11-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189970)
Hi all, i just want to check with you guys. Ive went for panel interview ending of oct, and went for pre employment medical starting of nov. How long is the process and pre employment meaning i get the job or naaaah?

Thank you in advance

I heard that it takes some time after medical. After your second interview, how long did they take to inform you to go for your medical?

Unregistered 17-11-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189978)
I heard that it takes some time after medical. After your second interview, how long did they take to inform you to go for your medical?

They inform me to go for medical is about 4 days long…

Unregistered 17-11-2021 02:28 PM

anyone applied for a non-teaching position with MOE before? i went for an interview with them 2 weeks ago and took a personality test but i havent heard from them so far? Is it a goner?

Unregistered 18-11-2021 04:03 PM

Hi guys, has anyone tendered resignation in a SB/Ministry within one month due to job unsuitability? Any repercussions for next employment if one is still keen to work in public sector? TIA.

Unregistered 18-11-2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190449)
Hi guys, has anyone tendered resignation in a SB/Ministry within one month due to job unsuitability? Any repercussions for next employment if one is still keen to work in public sector? TIA.

Not a good move to do so, it’ll appear to the next hirer that you are fickle minded etc. Why do you even take the first move to send in the resume, attends the interview only to quit in a month. There are so many stuff that the next hirer will want to know besides saying that the job is unsuitable. Idk these are is just my thoughts.

Unregistered 19-11-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190462)
Not a good move to do so, it’ll appear to the next hirer that you are fickle minded etc. Why do you even take the first move to send in the resume, attends the interview only to quit in a month. There are so many stuff that the next hirer will want to know besides saying that the job is unsuitable. Idk these are is just my thoughts.

I see… so you reckon it’s not advisable to return to the public sector? It’s true actually, I was recently given an interview opportunity with the same organisation but diff dept - instead of trying to find out about my suitability for the role through my previous job experiences, they focussed on sussing out why I had previously left the organisation within one month. Sigh, demoralising much..

Unregistered 19-11-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190546)
I see… so you reckon it’s not advisable to return to the public sector? It’s true actually, I was recently given an interview opportunity with the same organisation but diff dept - instead of trying to find out about my suitability for the role through my previous job experiences, they focussed on sussing out why I had previously left the organisation within one month. Sigh, demoralising much..

Perhaps you may want to try a different sb/ministry or just leave the job out of your resume when you apply for the next role