Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 27-10-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188214)
guys nowadays signing the offer letter is done over scan/email or must go down physically to sign?

if it’s going through vital, it’s via a virtual briefing and e-signature for the letter of offer.

Unregistered 28-10-2021 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188220)
Thats y i dont waste money give them photo, just say forget, if confirm selected then i bring photo

No leh now everything done virtually. Even interview is on Microsoft teams.

Unregistered 28-10-2021 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188210)
I've been asked for passport photo and was not shortlisted in the end. My current job I've also been asked for passport photo from HR before the final interview. Got selected in the end.

Sorry I know my repliy don't help much. Maybe it doesn't mean anything?

Ouch! I set my tripod in the middle of the day to take the photo man

Unregistered 29-10-2021 11:51 AM

HR said they're working on my appointment and processing time is between 2-4 weeks....letter coming?? :DDD anyone know what is the timeline like??

Unregistered 30-10-2021 09:59 AM

Same

Did you have a job while waiting for the security clearance and did the recruitment team update you about the progress along the way? Going through the same thing and the timeline keeps getting pushed back. It’s almost year end already so I’m worried. More worried that they will rescind the offer last minute.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186650)
Hi guys, this post came kind of late, I have started my new job awhile back in a technology Statboard.
Would like to contribute my part for my application timeline:

Mid May : Applied for the position through career@gov
+ 1 week: Received a call from HR for a scheduled interview
+ 1 week: Interview session with hiring manager & director
+ 2 days: Received a call from HR stating interest and verbal offer
+ 8 weeks: Received security clearance approval and received the formal offer letter

Took around 2-3 weeks from application > interview > verbal offer.
After verbal offer, waited another 8 weeks for security clearance to get the formal offer letter.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188391)
HR said they're working on my appointment and processing time is between 2-4 weeks....letter coming?? :DDD anyone know what is the timeline like??

anyone got any news on this? is this an offer lmao???

Unregistered 30-10-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188509)
Did you have a job while waiting for the security clearance and did the recruitment team update you about the progress along the way? Going through the same thing and the timeline keeps getting pushed back. It’s almost year end already so I’m worried. More worried that they will rescind the offer last minute.

OP here. I do have another job while waiting for the final offer.
The recruitment did not update on a frequent basis however, I did contact them twice during the 8 weeks clearance period (kind of paranoid, excited and to get confirmation).

However, during the verbal offer, after the interview, the HR did reassure me that this offer is all set and will be onboarded as long as there isn't any issues with the clearance (heard most of the time will be cleared).

Did HR told you that you are pending clearance? If so, what Cat clearance would it be? The higher the clearance level, the longer it will take depending on individual (up to 6 months)

All the best!

Unregistered 30-10-2021 03:11 PM

Hi all. Does anybody know if resign from hdb, are there any rule saying we can't join back within a period? Or there isn't? I've left hdb for 3 months but due to career mismatch for new jobs, I reapplied hdb again. TIA!

Unregistered 30-10-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188552)
Hi all. Does anybody know if resign from hdb, are there any rule saying we can't join back within a period? Or there isn't? I've left hdb for 3 months but due to career mismatch for new jobs, I reapplied hdb again. TIA!

depending on if you finish your contract period (most govt jobs nowadays are contract btw) and how you leave ah....

if you and your supervisor got bad relations it is as good as gg liao...but if things change you can update me lor....

Unregistered 30-10-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188554)
depending on if you finish your contract period (most govt jobs nowadays are contract btw) and how you leave ah....

if you and your supervisor got bad relations it is as good as gg liao...but if things change you can update me lor....

Serve 1 mth notice lo. Why cannot leave?