Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 27-03-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161076)
No. Your degree is useless.

There are a bunch of elitist grade A ****s on this forum who view things one dimensionally, like our system has brought up. I have a lot of respect for people with degrees from humanities, arts, history etc because no amount of GDP can fill the void of a inhumane black and white material world.

Their degree may command a lower starting pay in conventional posts, but it is certainly not useless and we need more diverse perspectives. Coming from a business grad in the gov

Unregistered 31-03-2021 08:16 PM

Hello! Can’t really find much on Glassdoor or any threads, but does anyone know how’s the working culture like in CPF HQ (not the service centres culture!)? Thanks In Advance :)

Unregistered 31-03-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161964)
anyone applied to msf? my first application i received an email to tell me it was unsuccessful, but my latest two submissions have been stuck at "submitted" for awhile... how long did it take you guys?

I hope this helps but I was offered MSF (I rejected it!) and the whole process took about 1 month?

1) received call for an interview (about a week after I submit application).
2) after my 1st interview, I waited for about 5 days to a week for get back. Then I received a notification to go for the second interview.
3) after second interview, they called me back the same day to tell me they’re keen.
4) took 2 weeks for them to process my application (reference checks blablabla).
5) received verbal & formal offer after the 2 weeks ended.

Unregistered 31-03-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161964)
anyone applied to msf? my first application i received an email to tell me it was unsuccessful, but my latest two submissions have been stuck at "submitted" for awhile... how long did it take you guys?

I hope this helps but I was offered MSF (I rejected it!) and the whole process took about 1 month?

2) after my 1st interview, I waited for about 5 days to a week for get back. Then I received a notification to go for the second interview.
3) after second interview, they called me back the same day to tell me they’re keen.
4) took 2 weeks for them to process my application (reference checks blablabla).

Unregistered 02-04-2021 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163071)

This is very helpful. Thanks for sharing. I’m currently waiting for reference check to complete. Hope all goes well!

Unregistered 02-04-2021 09:57 AM

Hi anyone can advice whether all ministry job now is on contract basis? HR says is a 2year plus contract. After that expire - may not have this position anymore. They say along the contract can apply for other perm jobs if available. Benefits for perm and contract same. Is this true? Anyone can advice? Dont want to be in a situation after contract need to find job again. Hais.

Unregistered 02-04-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163071)

Is this perm or contract?

Unregistered 02-04-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160747)
Yes I'm a female. And they said the 3k salary was standard for graduates, so yours should be higher since you have experience previously.

That's pretty low sia. Govt usually v slow to increase pay somemore

Unregistered 02-04-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163456)
Hi anyone can advice whether all ministry job now is on contract basis? HR says is a 2year plus contract. After that expire - may not have this position anymore. They say along the contract can apply for other perm jobs if available. Benefits for perm and contract same. Is this true? Anyone can advice? Dont want to be in a situation after contract need to find job again. Hais.

I heard alot of govt roles increasingly becoming contract liao at the entry level

Unregistered 02-04-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163464)
I heard alot of govt roles increasingly becoming contract liao at the entry level

Whether they confirm you or not at the end is a question mark right? Cause some are contract but its considered as probation then they will convert you to perm after this period, others they tell u in between need find if got opening for u or not. If don't have, then bye bye liao.

Anyone in this position during your application? got advice? Thanks!