Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 19-01-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154338)
Atleast 1 month, I know some who received it after 3 months.

yes it depends

Unregistered 19-01-2021 03:04 PM

Is civil service job reserved only for Singaporean?
What about Singapore PR?

Unregistered 19-01-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154378)
Is civil service job reserved only for Singaporean?
What about Singapore PR?

Those that require Singapore ans will be explicitly stated

Unregistered 19-01-2021 04:56 PM

I was verbally accepted for a role in the govt sector, waited for a month plus but still no contract being offered. Anyone has an idea what's the waiting time? Is there a case that they will drop u even though you are verbally accepted?

Unregistered 19-01-2021 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154420)
I was verbally accepted for a role in the govt sector, waited for a month plus but still no contract being offered. Anyone has an idea what's the waiting time? Is there a case that they will drop u even though you are verbally accepted?

possible but unlikely scenario

Unregistered 20-01-2021 04:27 PM

Can I check what is the rough timeline to be expected for the HR to get back after the second interview? It’s been near to two weeks since my second interview.

Thanks!

Unregistered 21-01-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154533)
Can I check what is the rough timeline to be expected for the HR to get back after the second interview? It’s been near to two weeks since my second interview.

Thanks!

Mine was 2mths.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154742)
Mine was 2mths.

Woah. That’s pretty long. Was there any verbal offer by the HR prior to it?

Also, if I may ask, is yours from a min/stat that requires high security clearance, and hence the long waiting time?

Unregistered 21-01-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154749)
Woah. That’s pretty long. Was there any verbal offer by the HR prior to it?

Also, if I may ask, is yours from a min/stat that requires high security clearance, and hence the long waiting time?

After verbal agreement,they asked for 2 referees,pay slip for the year then I waited for about 1.5mths for they finally offered. Not sure what they clear.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 06:26 PM

hi, seeking advice

Educated at Pathlight School. Attained my degree in banking and finance at the London School of Economics (Clementi branch, distance learning edition).

looking to land job on stat board. 5k starting minimum (already holding 4k offer - no specifics necessary)

What are my chances?