Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 03-05-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167352)
Any HR folks here can advise usually how many candidates get shortlisted for interview?

No fixed number. Is up to the hiring dept to decide how many they want to meet.

Unregistered 03-05-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167449)
Hey guys, just a general question - is it normal for HR to ghost on you after you have finished several rounds of the interview?

Quite normal if they don’t have a response for you e.g. things are still in process

Unregistered 04-05-2021 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165171)
Interviewed 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks later called and tell me to interview for another position. anyone has any experience? does it mean the first interview didn't get selected and they recommend for another position?

I applied for a position with statboard and was told my application was successful after 2 rounds of interview. However, due to reorg, my application was put on hold. HR contacted me two weeks later and asked whether I'm keen to interview for another position. Went through the whole process again. Maybe you can check with HR what is the reason?

Unregistered 04-05-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167467)
How long has it been? It is fairly normal if it has been only a couple of weeks. They don't really entertain follow-ups and it could be a few weeks before the hiring dept go through all the shortlisted candidates.

It has been about 2 weeks...well I hope that's the case. Otherwise, a rejection email would have been nice as well, so at least I could move on.

Unregistered 04-05-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167522)
It has been about 2 weeks...well I hope that's the case. Otherwise, a rejection email would have been nice as well, so at least I could move on.

Just to ask. My status in CG website shows In Process. Does that mean I'm shortlisted?

Unregistered 04-05-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167538)
Just to ask. My status in CG website shows In Process. Does that mean I'm shortlisted?

nope. it just meant that they viewed your application.

Unregistered 04-05-2021 03:14 PM

I have submitted my references and health declaration to the HR and was told they will update me within 2-3 weeks times.

The HR also gave me their contacts.

However the HR just asked me if I am keen that day and have submitted for approval, but i do not know how much is the offer.

Any idea if this is normal?

Unregistered 04-05-2021 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167547)
I have submitted my references and health declaration to the HR and was told they will update me within 2-3 weeks times.

The HR also gave me their contacts.

However the HR just asked me if I am keen that day and have submitted for approval, but i do not know how much is the offer.

Any idea if this is normal?

Same here. Is this LTA?
What is your role?

Unregistered 04-05-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167570)
Same here. Is this LTA?
What is your role?

Yep LTA.

AM role.

What about yours?

I did not include HR reference though because I do not have it.

Unregistered 04-05-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167575)
Yep LTA.

AM role.

What about yours?

I did not include HR reference though because I do not have it.

Lta am role too.
Was told that hr need approval for salary yesterday, not sure how long it will take.
Are you a fresh grad ? Male of female and what's ur work experience?