Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 20-12-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194323)
Are you a Uni grad?

Yup I am. Last Sem

Unregistered 20-12-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194324)
Yup I am. Last Sem

Same. But what made you accept Customs’ offer?

Unregistered 20-12-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194325)
Same. But what made you accept Customs’ offer?

Personally good job and all imo. U?

Unregistered 20-12-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194326)
Personally good job and all imo. U?

You applied for senior right? I think the pay is slightly lower than expected. So I don’t know if I should accept it

Unregistered 20-12-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194328)
You applied for senior right? I think the pay is slightly lower than expected. So I don’t know if I should accept it

Yup senior. Hmm, I think pay wise it’s ok for me. Anws do you want to talk on another platform?

Unregistered 20-12-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194329)
Yup senior. Hmm, I think pay wise it’s ok for me. Anws do you want to talk on another platform?

Sure, you can PM me on Reddit? Username: gunnercoyg

Unregistered 20-12-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194330)
Sure, you can PM me on Reddit? Username: gunnercoyg

Ok Pm-Ed you already

Unregistered 20-12-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194322)
Hi, because I am only graduating after next Sem of sch, HR said they would inform me when I would start again. How about you? Also do you know how long vital takes before they give out the LOA? Quite worried cause it’s been 3 weeks for me since the HR said vital would contact me.

Ahh i see i see. I requested to start work on 01/22 instead as it make more sense rather then i start on this month…if based on my exp, vital took about 2-3 weeks uh, but guess they are consolidating all the applicants that accept the offer and maybe email all at the same time and date? Hahaha cause they told me to confirm by latest today.

Unregistered 21-12-2021 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194341)
Ahh i see i see. I requested to start work on 01/22 instead as it make more sense rather then i start on this month…if based on my exp, vital took about 2-3 weeks uh, but guess they are consolidating all the applicants that accept the offer and maybe email all at the same time and date? Hahaha cause they told me to confirm by latest today.

I see there are recently quite a few people here who accepted Customs’ offer. I am currently working there, so feel free to ask me if you wish to know more about Customs (in-depth stuff).

Unregistered 21-12-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194406)
I see there are recently quite a few people here who accepted Customs’ offer. I am currently working there, so feel free to ask me if you wish to know more about Customs (in-depth stuff).

Can a junior officer starts with enforcement/ plain clothes posting first?
How do they determine the postings?
Shift pattern, training and duration of training?

Thank you!