Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 15-06-2021 02:16 PM

anyone able to share if its easy to get contract extended/ emplaced in ministry? Contemplating between this and another offer from private sector which is a perm role of similar pay.

More keen in ministry role but the contract position is slightly concerning. tia!

Unregistered 15-06-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174215)
Uniformed services tend to prefer CCA records as they would know more about you in that manner - if you have good teamwork or can be in a leadership role etc. However, if you have previous internships or volunteering experience, that would be good too.

Uniformed services with a degree can be quite competitive, so that's how that might distinguish you from the others.

Thank you so much for the clarification :) In this case, would the respective services consider my personal hobbies to make up for my lack of involvement in CCAs?

Unregistered 15-06-2021 04:14 PM

Who here has completed their final interview, HR is keen to move forward after the interview but has currently waited for HR to process their application for close to a month now? Any idea why is it taking so long and if it is a lost cause?

Unregistered 15-06-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174223)
anyone able to share if its easy to get contract extended/ emplaced in ministry? Contemplating between this and another offer from private sector which is a perm role of similar pay.

More keen in ministry role but the contract position is slightly concerning. tia!

Worry so much then join private sector lor! Why stress yourself? Private sector... No need to worry about company not paying you on time, no need to worry about company can go bankrupt and close down leaving you jobless anytime, no need to worry about company leaving SG one day and move to other country, no need to worry about kanna axed due to company not making profit and so need to cut down manpower to prevent further losses... and many more. Steady stable and iron rice bowl... don't want meh?

Unregistered 15-06-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174223)

Why stress yourself asking? We know you know the answer deep down. Private sector loh... No need to worry about company not paying you on time, no need to worry about company can go bankrupt and close down leaving you jobless anytime, no need to worry about company leaving SG one day and move to other country, no need to worry about kanna axed due to company not making profit and so need to cut down manpower to prevent further losses... and many more. Steady stable and iron rice bowl leh private sector perm role... don't want meh?

Unregistered 15-06-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174244)
Who here has completed their final interview, HR is keen to move forward after the interview but has currently waited for HR to process their application for close to a month now? Any idea why is it taking so long and if it is a lost cause?

Me, by tmr will be sixth weeks.
By a month, you can contact HR for update although most likely they will feedback "in process/ still considering"

Unregistered 15-06-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174250)
Me, by tmr will be sixth weeks.
By a month, you can contact HR for update although most likely they will feedback "in process/ still considering"

Did your HR said they were keen in hiring you after the interview as well? Gosh, six weeks is insane. Is your role related to defence? maybe they are processing your clearance.

Unregistered 15-06-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174261)
Did your HR said they were keen in hiring you after the interview as well? Gosh, six weeks is insane. Is your role related to defence? maybe they are processing your clearance.

Yes, they call and informed keen to process after interview.
Mine is HTX.

Unregistered 15-06-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174282)
Yes, they call and informed keen to process after interview.
Mine is HTX.

Remember there's another guy wait for 8 weeks without response, wondering whether he still active in this forum to post an update.

Unregistered 15-06-2021 09:03 PM

Refer to post 3240 for my experience with 2 SB.

Adding on to a ministry. They contacted me that they are keen to process my application after close to 4 months.