Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 14-06-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174123)
I've been reading many of the posts in this thread now...

Can I ask if most of your interviews are for contract positions in the civil service? Not permanent?

I think it’s quite common now. Especially during this covid period, economy isn’t doing well. Able to get job offer is a blessing. Moreover, it’s employer market now.

Unregistered 14-06-2021 09:00 PM

If HR sent me for health check but say cannot yet commit an offer, what does this imply? From a stat board.

Unregistered 14-06-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174141)
If HR sent me for health check but say cannot yet commit an offer, what does this imply? From a stat board.

have HR verbal offer or conducted reference check?
you went for how many interview?

Unregistered 14-06-2021 09:42 PM

Which sb or min is this? And for what role?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174075)
Hello, I just want to know my chances of getting an offer.

I’ve been sent some forms (incl G50) to fill out and was also requested for some docs and I’ve sent the completed forms and requested docs to them. Was also then scheduled for an interview. Completed the interview and HR emailed me the next day and asked me to fill up a medical questionnaire.

From then on, I haven’t heard from them until last Mon, the HR called me and said they’re conducting reference check. Was a bit baffled because I thought the check should have been done earlier? At least at the point after the interview or when they sent the medical questionnaire. Took them close to a month to start on the reference check from the date of my interview.

In the call, the HR person told me that he is also in the midst of putting up a submission, but also said that it doesn’t mean I will confirm get the offer. Anyone knows how long will this take and what does it mean?

So, just want to know how likely am I getting the offer? Getting a bit worried because I’ve seen people’s offer getting rescinded even after completing and passing everything.

Unregistered 14-06-2021 09:45 PM

And in enforcement depts in sb/min too I think where a degree is not as critical like those in policy depts for example

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174126)
Yes, possible especially i think in IT role where exp matters

Unregistered 14-06-2021 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174143)
have HR verbal offer or conducted reference check?
you went for how many interview?

Went for round 2 interview. No verbal offer yet nor referral check conducted. The role isn't a health related if you're wondering.

Unregistered 15-06-2021 09:12 AM

Is there a possibility where HR in the civil service will offer you a verbal/formal contract without conducting reference check?

Unregistered 15-06-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174176)
Is there a possibility where HR in the civil service will offer you a verbal/formal contract without conducting reference check?

I'm curious on this too, especially after formal offer stage. I do see ppl commenting no reference check here after formal offer. (at least thats what they claim referrers not contacted)

Unregistered 15-06-2021 12:53 PM

CCAs

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if civil service departments prefer individuals with CCA records? I am a graduating uni student with no CCA records in both uni and poly and I am curious as to whether I stand a chance in getting a job in the govt sector, esp in the uniformed services.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

Unregistered 15-06-2021 01:38 PM

Uniformed services tend to prefer CCA records as they would know more about you in that manner - if you have good teamwork or can be in a leadership role etc. However, if you have previous internships or volunteering experience, that would be good too.

Uniformed services with a degree can be quite competitive, so that's how that might distinguish you from the others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174208)
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if civil service departments prefer individuals with CCA records? I am a graduating uni student with no CCA records in both uni and poly and I am curious as to whether I stand a chance in getting a job in the govt sector, esp in the uniformed services.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)