Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 12-06-2021 07:09 PM

Anyone has timeline for MOM hiring?

Unregistered 12-06-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173801)
Anyone has timeline for MOM hiring?

U applied for which department?

Unregistered 12-06-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173805)
U applied for which department?

Mind sharing what you know of? Just wanna get an overview of the typical hiring timeline.
Thanks in advance

Unregistered 12-06-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173740)
Me too. Been waiting for 5 weeks, going to sixth weeks.
HR informed still needs few more weeks.

Im also now in ministry.. waiting for them to get back on their HR checks.. cos im now under diploma entry grade.. the post i applied is a degree post of an engineer..

Unregistered 12-06-2021 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173909)
Im also now in ministry.. waiting for them to get back on their HR checks.. cos im now under diploma entry grade.. the post i applied is a degree post of an engineer..

Has HR shared with you which scheme of service and which substantive grade did they offer you?

Unregistered 13-06-2021 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173775)
I waited for 6 weeks after interview and HR called to ask if I am still keen. Then informed that they will do reference check and discuss salary etc. So I guess you are almost there. Btw from one of the ministry.

Can I check the 6 weeks is after HR informed you they are keen to process after your final interview?

Unregistered 13-06-2021 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173930)
Can I check the 6 weeks is after HR informed you they are keen to process after your final interview?

Mine was exactly 6 weeks they called me and asked if I am still keen.

Unregistered 13-06-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173933)
Mine was exactly 6 weeks they called me and asked if I am still keen.

I see. So if my guess is correct, it will be the keen to process -> verbal offer -> formal offer stage. thanks.

Unregistered 13-06-2021 12:43 PM

Did anyone onboard a cs/sb during this period? I’m imagining it to be super tough cos most of the times we wfh and how do you learn stuff about your job? Needless to say there will also not be any induction programme conducted physically as well.

Unregistered 13-06-2021 09:38 PM

Other scenarios would be:

Step 1 -
Verbal offer & concurrently checking if candidate is keen with the verbal offer details such as proposed salary and grade. This step is also known as conditional offer.

Step 2 -
If candidate is keen, HR proceed to do the internal process which includes reference checks/verifications and seeking management's approval.

Step 3 -
HR make formal offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173956)
I see. So if my guess is correct, it will be the keen to process -> verbal offer -> formal offer stage. thanks.