Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 19-06-2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174811)
HR called me with an offer after >7 weeks. Shared salary and discussed start date, now pending vital appointment formalities. Don't give up hope!

Care to share which min/sb?
Mine will hit 7 weeks by next Tue. I've a feeling my wait (assume offered) will be around 10 weeks.

Unregistered 20-06-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174818)
Not too sure is mine a job preview as i was told i am being invited down to a meeting with the director. I initially thought it is a second interview but HR told me it is not an interview but a meeting.

Some agency like that one, so many phase.. some call it informal meetup session.. must be director super fussy until need so many rounds of filter..

Unregistered 20-06-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174834)
Some agency like that one, so many phase.. some call it informal meetup session.. must be director super fussy until need so many rounds of filter..

You mean even after all interviews and checks? I am wondering being invited to this meeting with the director, does it mean i have chance to be offered? Or they have intention to offer me?

Unregistered 20-06-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174841)
You mean even after all interviews and checks? I am wondering being invited to this meeting with the director, does it mean i have chance to be offered? Or they have intention to offer me?

Usually whenever got director its the last phase.. he or she holds the final approval.. all the best to u..

Unregistered 20-06-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174867)
Usually whenever got director its the last phase.. he or she holds the final approval.. all the best to u..

Cause my one and only interview is with the director actually so i was surprised to be invited to this meeting with the same director, the one who had interviewed me. So i am not sure what to expect for this meeting. And thanks for the reply and advice.

Unregistered 20-06-2021 07:25 PM

My interview was only once, and it was with the Branch Head (Director) and the Second chief of my agency, hope that clarifies.

Unregistered 21-06-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174880)
My interview was only once, and it was with the Branch Head (Director) and the Second chief of my agency, hope that clarifies.

Maybe the director wanted to have one more look/chat for confirmation cos prehaps he is undecided between 2 candidates, must be a close call between these 2.. last time i ever had similar exp but not at CS, after interview few days later, ask for informal meetup, but i dunno what i said wrong cos in the end i did not get the job, maybe a blessing cos because did not get that job i entered CS.

Unregistered 21-06-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174811)
HR called me with an offer after >7 weeks. Shared salary and discussed start date, now pending vital appointment formalities. Don't give up hope!

Did you receive a call after the final interview from HR to tell you they are keen to process your application? Or it was a silent 7 weeks before they called you?

Unregistered 21-06-2021 01:26 PM

Anyone applied to ICA for non-civilian positions? How long is their recruitment process (from interview till final offer)? Appreciate your advice, thanks!

Unregistered 21-06-2021 07:32 PM

Status of application

If your application is in progress, does it warrant any interview?