Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

jobhunter2020 27-09-2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146193)
It can takes around 3months for G50 clearance.

Is G50 comes with different gate?

jobhunter2020 27-09-2020 10:54 PM

Unregistered 28-09-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter2020 (Post 146307)

english please?

Unregistered 30-09-2020 11:55 PM

Stat board calling back

I applied for a role under a stat board, after the 2nd round of interview, the stat board did not respond to me, and I thought I was rejected.

However 6 months later the team called me up and asked if I am still interested in the role, and whether I would like to be reconsidered. Anyone had such experiences? What are the chances of getting this job given this circumstances?

Unregistered 01-10-2020 12:03 AM

Public Service Job

Hi,

recently I interviewed for an IT role in Public sector, after 2 rounds of interviews with the HR and directors (4 directors), I was offered the role by the directors on 11th September verbally.

HR say she will draft the contract and email to me in 2 weeks time. I submitted all my documents which they requested, including filling up the G50 Form.

The status in Career Gov SG Portal show: "In Process".

However, on Monday (3 days ago), I login to Career Gov SG Portal again, the status become: "unsuccessful". Like wtf?!

Then I email the HR on Tuesday (yesterday), till date no reply or any news from the HR.

Suddenly tio ghost by them.

What should I do now? Like everything is agreed already verbally, and pending HR to draft contract for me to sign. Then out of sudden the status become: unsuccessful. Email the HR also no reply. Anyone kena this before from Public Sector? :(

Unregistered 01-10-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146441)
Hi,

recently I interviewed for an IT role in Public sector, after 2 rounds of interviews with the HR and directors (4 directors), I was offered the role by the directors on 11th September verbally.

HR say she will draft the contract and email to me in 2 weeks time. I submitted all my documents which they requested, including filling up the G50 Form.

However, on Monday (3 days ago), I login to Career Gov SG Portal again, the status become: "unsuccessful". Like wtf?!

Then I email the HR on Tuesday (yesterday), till date no reply or any news from the HR.

What should I do now? Like everything is agreed already verbally, and pending HR to draft contract for me to sign. Then out of sudden the status become: unsuccessful. Email the HR also no reply. Anyone kena this before from Public Sector? :(

Common tricks even for MNC. They have 2 to 3 candidates line up and waiting for them to sign up the offer. You might not be the first choice

Unregistered 01-10-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146440)
I applied for a role under a stat board, after the 2nd round of interview, the stat board did not respond to me, and I thought I was rejected.

However 6 months later the team called me up and asked if I am still interested in the role, and whether I would like to be reconsidered. Anyone had such experiences? What are the chances of getting this job given this circumstances?

Nope but its good that they have you in their radar still i guess. Will you still need to go for interviews all over again?

I mean if you want the job, there's no harm trying again. Good luck!

Unregistered 01-10-2020 10:32 AM

Timeline for ministry after interview

Anyone heard from MOM after interview? How long do they take to get back to you ?

Unregistered 01-10-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146452)
Nope but its good that they have you in their radar still i guess. Will you still need to go for interviews all over again?

I mean if you want the job, there's no harm trying again. Good luck!

Nope, I was told that I do not have to reinterview nor resubmit my resume, they just wanted to do an interest check and said they will still consider other factors (such as new batch of applicants etc). So I am actually quite confused on the intent, as it is not to inform me that I have been selected, just seems to be in interest check.

Unregistered 01-10-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146441)
Hi,

Only 1-2 days no reply. HR quite busy one sometimes. Why not you try to call in? quicker for you to get your answer. i think couple of people encounter the status changed to unsuccessful after their interview but end up was a glitch. so just call the HR to clarify.