Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Micron starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1787-micron-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 04-04-2022 09:36 PM

What's the big deal about the 5k though. Even when the pay was 3+ to 4+ (according to your class), most of the people at micron received more than 5k as they had to OT so much

Unregistered 04-04-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212010)
This has got to be the furthest ******** so far.
Micron is surely as competitive as hell and having it in your resume is like having a premium resume. Tge semicon industry is thriving so micron is riding this wave seemingly that's only going to rise higher with EV, IOT, telecoms etc joining the race.
But they aren't stupid. They don't pay for mediocrity.
Having 5k as a basic pay even with just 1 month bonus puts you in the top 30% of all tax paying residents in Singapore. And do you think micron is going to be that stupid to do that by putting a zero into that income bracket right away?

You know nothing about the process, you don't know how corporate comms work, you don't know your competitors, your customers, your suppliers. You don't know where your products are going. You just got good school grades. And in the corporate world, good school grades don't mean real world results.
Using only school grades on a chartered career is the mindset of singtel, ST, judging competence only by school grades. Because they are insulated by a boat, they aren't really swimming in the pool.

So, the way i see it, the one who started it all of this ******** never worked in mnc before. And judging by the response, it seems clear many can't think critically too.

Micron is not as competitive as you think it is. I have a few friends who have turned down their offer like a few weeks before. The HR still emailed/called them this week to inform them that Micron has revised the pay structure and hence the base pay is 5k, not 3.8k.

And please take note that most of the roles are MANUFACTURING roles.

Unregistered 04-04-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212008)
Management really took their time. I already brought this up to my manager after E-Pass got raised to 4.5k in 2020.

This 5k is not charity or newfound compassion, this is obviously in response to the E-Pass increase. >>>80% of the people that I get to interview are not local. (Yea, I'm interviewing people who will be earning ~1k less than me without counting CPF. Fricking wow.)

And yes, if you're a local, you might have noticed the pay offer may be lower. That's kind of government's whole point with the e-pass increase - Jobs that cannot offer higher will be forced to either hire locals, or increase the salary. Do note that 4k * 1.17 = $4,680 after CPF.

BTW, if you are a foreigner studying at local university under a tuition grant, the 4.5k does not apply to you.

Unregistered 04-04-2022 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212266)
What's the big deal about the 5k though. Even when the pay was 3+ to 4+ (according to your class), most of the people at micron received more than 5k as they had to OT so much

The big deal is that it's better than your $0 earning

Unregistered 05-04-2022 02:03 AM

imagine slaving yourself away at micron

what a loser job

Unregistered 05-04-2022 07:59 AM

How much is a data scientist earning there? Keen to apply but i am looking at 180k tc at least

Unregistered 05-04-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212313)
How much is a data scientist earning there? Keen to apply but i am looking at 180k tc at least

Is there any M letter in FAANG ?
s://.glassdoor.sg/Salary/Micron-Technology-Senior-Data-Science-Engineer-Salaries-E1648_D_KO18,46.htm

Unregistered 05-04-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212313)

yea u looking at the wrong place friend. 90-120k TC maybe i can still believe (with the relevant YOE)

Unregistered 05-04-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212371)
yea u looking at the wrong place friend. 90-120k TC maybe i can still believe (with the relevant YOE)

For senior position I believe
Anyway, data scientist why Micron ?

Unregistered 05-04-2022 04:58 PM

alright. tomorrow is Micron campus talk, i shall ask HR staff and we can clear the air.....

Unregistered 05-04-2022 05:03 PM

aww look at all the micro peepees working in micron, so cute

Unregistered 05-04-2022 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212408)
alright. tomorrow is Micron campus talk, i shall ask HR staff and we can clear the air.....

pls do i lazy to go down to campus update here okie

Unregistered 05-04-2022 05:36 PM

All the micron wannabe still not over it yet?

Unregistered 06-04-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212430)
All the micron wannabe still not over it yet?

What are you doing in this thread?

Unregistered 06-04-2022 02:11 PM

Why so many SIM students jelly local uni grads starting pay

Unregistered 06-04-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212553)
What are you doing in this thread?

I think he is having fun trolling all the micron wannabes.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 07:19 PM

To illustrate to all the non-micronians how bad the pay compression is:

[s://i.imgur.com/QaaQPra.png[/

And I know there are E3 who earn less than this. In fact if my manager's words are to be believed, I am earning at the upper range for E3.

How did this happen? Well, back in 2014, the starting pay for a NUS/NTU second-upper was 3.2k. So nearly doubling after 7.5 years (more than double if looking at annum) isn't too bad on first glance. But two factors that lead to this:

1) Low starting pay / EP back then, which is now suddenly increased quickly the past few years
2) Pay increment with rank and year in this job isn't high to begin with.
In fact if you searched gov statistics, the median salary for "professionals" of 30-39yo is around 6.6k.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212610)

And I know there are E3 who earn less than this. In fact if my manager's words are to be believed, I am earning at the upper range for E3.

How did this happen? Well, back in 2014, the starting pay for a NUS/NTU second-upper was 3.2k. So nearly doubling after 7.5 years (more than double if looking at annum) isn't too bad on first glance. But two factors that lead to this:

1) Low starting pay / EP back then, which is now suddenly increased quickly the past few years
In fact if you searched gov statistics, the median salary for "professionals" of 30-39yo is around 6.6k.

AHAHAHAHAHA WTF???

NO FKING WAY BRO LOL is that photoshopped?

work as software engineer since 2014... 8+ years and only 6k monthly? what the fk bro kena scammed hard. this is why company loyalty is a JOKE.

job hop every 2-3 years if u want more $$$$.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212614)
AHAHAHAHAHA WTF???

work as software engineer since 2014... 8+ years and only 6k monthly? what the fk bro kena scammed hard. this is why company loyalty is a JOKE.

SR means "Senior" not Software.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 07:57 PM

Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHA WTF???

LOL bro u abit uh kum gong ah lol i mean im also in tech but not everyone is a SWE ya

Unregistered 06-04-2022 09:01 PM

Looks like millennials really on their way to become the poorest generation compared to those before *and* after them.

- Cannot buy cheap HDB back then and earn rental income now
- Close to half of starting pay of Gen Z due to government policies

BTW my team hired a NUS second-lower... so not as hard to get in as some of you may think.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 09:11 PM

Quote:

Look at your brothers and sisters. Stay away from that hardware road, switch as fast as you can...

Unregistered 06-04-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

This is so sad. Your new colleagues joining in 2022 will have almost the same pay as you doing the same thing.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212622)
LOL bro u abit uh kum gong ah lol i mean im also in tech but not everyone is a SWE ya

you're a SWE who types like that?

Go back to China bro.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 10:17 PM

I don't get it. DBS thread talking about Micron and Micron thread talking about DBS Tech Seed.

Can all of you return to where you came from and not divert the course of this thread.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 10:42 PM

Micron Bonus for Engineers

Hi all, would like to know how much is the variable performance bonus in Micron. Assuming for average employees, how many months can we expect (based on past year trends)

Appreciate very much if you guys could advise... Cheers!

Unregistered 06-04-2022 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212648)
you're a SWE who types like that?

Go back to China bro.

at least i didnt mistake SR engineer for software engineer my lad..........

Unregistered 06-04-2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212657)
I don't get it. DBS thread talking about Micron and Micron thread talking about DBS Tech Seed.

Can all of you return to where you came from and not divert the course of this thread.

bro u gotta accept shitposting on an anon forum for sinkies like HWZ lmao

Unregistered 06-04-2022 11:06 PM

Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHA WTF???

That guy is not a SWE you imbecile. My guy, seek help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212622)

uh ah kum ah gong ping pong uh kum ding dong

Dumbass.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212660)
Hi all, would like to know how much is the variable performance bonus in Micron. Assuming for average employees, how many months can we expect (based on past year trends)

Appreciate very much if you guys could advise... Cheers!

around 2.3 months

Unregistered 07-04-2022 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212668)
around 2.3 months

Thanks, does that exclude AWS?

Unregistered 07-04-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212668)
around 2.3 months

Thanks for the info, does the 2.3 months exclude the AWS?

Unregistered 07-04-2022 12:44 PM

Anyone know the range for Principal Engineer in Micron ? Any RSU or stock ?

Unregistered 07-04-2022 03:31 PM

Quote:

Looks like anyone could have printed that, why would there be a letter just to state an employee's salary?

Unregistered 07-04-2022 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212796)
Looks like anyone could have printed that, why would there be a letter just to state an employee's salary?

You first time working? Ever heard of proof of last drawn salary document required for certain income tax claims or corrections?

What, is the micron card also photoshopped?

Knn poobrain

Unregistered 07-04-2022 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212769)
Thanks for the info, does the 2.3 months exclude the AWS?

Nope, includes AWS as well

Unregistered 07-04-2022 08:44 PM

Brother got offered 5.4k plus 10k rsu

Unregistered 07-04-2022 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212859)
Nope, includes AWS as well

Wow, thanks for your reply again!

One more question, I heard from my friend if they promote you up one job grade, they will pay you one month salary extra of that new job grade... Is this true??

Unregistered 07-04-2022 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212900)
Wow, thanks for your reply again!

One more question, I heard from my friend if they promote you up one job grade, they will pay you one month salary extra of that new job grade... Is this true??

if you want to join micron, please think twice

Unregistered 07-04-2022 11:18 PM

Quote:

No letter head, so I won’t believe it. For all I know, that could be photoshopped without a proper letter head and a company stamp.

And even if that was true, 6K+ after 8 years? What are you, some form of a commoner?