Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Micron starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1787-micron-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New here (Post 211242)
Hi all, I happen to chance upon this forum/thread whole randomly googling "Micron". Just a brief intro of myself, I am in Micron Fab10 since 2013 upon graduation from NUS with a third class honours. The earlier posts on this thread about 3k starting pay with less than a year old bonus (excluding AWS) is true. I joined getting 3k. micron operating at lost every quarter back then and working in very stressful environment is also true.

But things changed after the new CEO Sanjay Mehrotra came onboard. This guy is super good! He brought in a whole team of executives, driving the correct business strategy to capture high value market sector, pushing new technology development while appointing the new CPO (chief people officer) April Arnzen to focus on improving the company's image, working culture, environment, benefits etc. So many things have improved over the years.

Today, Micron has taken over the technology lead from Samsung, introducing the industry's first 1-alpha DRAM and 176-layer NAND. I can assure you guys that you will be hearing more news about Micron extending the technology lead in the coming months.

Being a high-tech technology firm, Micron invests heavily in operation optimisation. We adopt AI and smart manufacturing to constantly minimise manual work, focusing on productivity. As a result, Micron managed to join the WEF Global Lighthouse Network in 2020. The use of technology helps to simply and eliminate many mundane task like data crunching via the use of very well-designed dashboard for very convenient data representation. It allows much easier problem diagnostics as well. This allows our work to be done is a much easier and effective way, which translates to much lower stress than before.

Micron Singapore managed to stay in the stop 10 Great Place To Work since the program's inception in 2019. We improved our ranking from 9 in 2019 to the current 6 in 2021. Yes, Micron is essentially a manufacturing company, producing high end memory chips, but can you imagine a manufacturing being in the top 10 GPTW list, edging out even those big names in the Tech service industries? We are ranked top amongst all semicon companies in Singapore.

Micron highly appreciate talents and view human capital as a valuable asset to the company. The REACH conversation program facilitates supervisory by providing systematic performance goal setting and devise development plans for team members to be successful. There is also the "Micron University", which is in essence the main e-learning platform that provides inhouse courses ranging from technical to soft skills available for team members to enroll for free!

Micron has a very forgiving culture. When mistakes happen, our investigations focus mainly on any system or process gaps that allows us to work in, to prevent repeats instead of finger pointing. we do not believe in "flip table, bang door, shou vulgarities" kind of culture. Everybody here is civilized. Micron is also a unionised company that strongly encourage team members to join union. Being in a managerial position, I have witness how difficult it is, to punish team members. The HR has various programs for supervisors to communicate with team member to guide them towards improvement.

Micron also has many internal programs called employee resource groups (ERG), something like a CCA that allows team members to join to for a community with certain interest. Some example of our ERGs are "Micron Women Leadership Network", "Young Micron Professionals".

In terms of work life balance, we are currently piloting a "Flexible work arrangement" that allows team member to have one day work from home per week. We will be studying the results of this pilot to further enhance in the subsequent phase.

Here comes the compensation, the executives have shared that with effect from 1 May, new fresh grad hires will be getting a flat rate of 5k. First class honours will be given additional SGD10k worth of stocks.
I have more to type, but I think that's enough. Feel free to Google what I wrote regarding the CEO, the WEF lighthouse, great place to work etc. These are all public information.

Lastly, semicon manufacturing is not dying in Singapore. In fact, we have been expanding non-stop since I joined Micron in 2013. If you ready the news, global foundries is building a new fab in SG, UMC has recently announced to build a second fab in SG. ASML just opened a new production plant in SG and has committed to expand further in SG. I expect to hear more of such semicon expansion news in SG in the coming months or even years. With the world entering a digital era that heavily relies on 5G, AI, electric vehicles, satellite application, cloud/data center etc, we are now just at the beginning of the digital revolution. Demand for semicon is assured of the next 5-10 years in a conservative sense.

This guy serve micron until kum gong liao

Unregistered 31-03-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211447)

lol what this guy smoking sia i also want. btw the 5k fresh grad hire part is simply not true lmao.

new here 31-03-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211450)
lol what this guy smoking sia i also want. btw the 5k fresh grad hire part is simply not true lmao.

Not right to simply use 1 sentence to dismiss the whole long text that I have written. Read carefully: 5k is starting 1st May, not now. This is an insider information that I am sharing. Please at least show some appreciation for my effort to share information. Just wait for the current batch of fresh grad to go onboard Micron after 1st May and they will know what I've said is all true.

new here 31-03-2022 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211447)

I am simply sharing what I know of Micron Singapore in case there are still anybody out there interested to know more. If there are trolls around, I won't be entertaining.

However, I can understand if there is any doubts or skeptism towards what I have wrote. That's why I also mentioned in my post for anyone in doubt to google. There are some public information available that can testify what I wrote. Of course, there are also some information in my post that are only known by employees who know what's going on inside.

We will see, if there is any other Micron employee here who wants to share anything.

Unregistered 31-03-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new here (Post 211453)
Not right to simply use 1 sentence to dismiss the whole long text that I have written. Read carefully: 5k is starting 1st May, not now. This is an insider information that I am sharing. Please at least show some appreciation for my effort to share information. Just wait for the current batch of fresh grad to go onboard Micron after 1st May and they will know what I've said is all true.

mate, no need to take things personally. on an anon forum no less, i think youll forgive me if im not inclined to believe an anonymous rando here. lets say for the sake of argument u are right, and after 1st may all fresh grads can bumped to 5. i have first hand info now on micron offers at 4k. u mean to tell me come may, surprise everyone gets 1k/ month more congrats? wouldnt it make more sense to convey this to fresh grads so they will be inclined to stay instead of seeing 4k and accepting another offer???

alex86 31-03-2022 06:28 PM

Interesting, what will happen for more senior position after 1st May ? Will they get a pay bump too ?

Unregistered 31-03-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex86 (Post 211469)
Interesting, what will happen for more senior position after 1st May ? Will they get a pay bump too ?

They will be going through this exercise called "compression", basically a salary adjust upwards as a result of the new in-hire pay. Meaning to say of new hire is getting 5k, the existing staff will be no less than 5k. Managers are not part of this compression exercise. But I suspect the management is working out another exercise for the managers.

Unregistered 31-03-2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211467)
mate, no need to take things personally. on an anon forum no less, i think youll forgive me if im not inclined to believe an anonymous rando here. lets say for the sake of argument u are right, and after 1st may all fresh grads can bumped to 5. i have first hand info now on micron offers at 4k. u mean to tell me come may, surprise everyone gets 1k/ month more congrats? wouldnt it make more sense to convey this to fresh grads so they will be inclined to stay instead of seeing 4k and accepting another offer???

No problem bro/sis. I am not offended. Pardon me if I sounded harsh in my previous post. You are right that the CURRENT fresh grad pay is 3.8k-4 2k. This is already an upward revision in effect since beginning of this year. However, the company recognizes the extremely tight labour/talent market for this industry due to the boom. 4k is no longer attractive enough. Those who are hired before 1st may will see the same adjustment to their salary. At current practice of new hire interview, we are not told if we can convey this news to the potential new hires, but I believe rumours will start to spread. Anyway, 1st may is just one month away.

Unregistered 31-03-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211467)

Agreed, then wouldn't fresh grads from GF, siltronic, mediatek and other big semicon names jump over to micron then? Might as well tell those that join Singtel MAP come Micron better also

New here 31-03-2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211484)
Agreed, then wouldn't fresh grads from GF, siltronic, mediatek and other big semicon names jump over to micron then? Might as well tell those that join Singtel MAP come Micron better also

That's the whole point: competition for talent.
If you refer to my first long post, I mentioned the semicon expansion as well as the very bright prospect in the industry. When you have the whole industry expanding en mass, what's going to happen is the extreme competition for talent. This is also what we see in the digital/IT sector.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New here (Post 211496)
That's the whole point: competition for talent.
If you refer to my first long post, I mentioned the semicon expansion as well as the very bright prospect in the industry. When you have the whole industry expanding en mass, what's going to happen is the extreme competition for talent. This is also what we see in the digital/IT sector.

i mean i hope for the sake of others who signed with micron u are right (i took another offer) but still im having a hard time believing this cause it doesnt make logical sense. if say micron wants to up fresh grad pay, they should have done it this batch when recruiting or wait till next batch to up? when signed both parties agree to the stipulated salary and if u are telling me out of nowhere they up to 5k from the goodmess of their hearts then good for them but honestly i find that a bit hard to believe lol when they recruit at the current range they alr secured the talent they are looking for. whats increasing their pay now going to achieve?

Unregistered 01-04-2022 12:52 AM

Just got offered 4.2k NUS FCH, where dafuq is the 5k comes from?????? I received the offer with condition somemore, if no FCH will be 4k per mth.
The HR says it is fixed pay for fresh grad when I show him I got other offers from 4.5k onwards.
Somemore I got two yr exp in semicon b4 going uni, no room for nego and they dun mention anything abt 5k.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211570)
Just got offered 4.2k NUS FCH, where dafuq is the 5k comes from?????? I received the offer with condition somemore, if no FCH will be 4k per mth.
The HR says it is fixed pay for fresh grad when I show him I got other offers from 4.5k onwards.
Somemore I got two yr exp in semicon b4 going uni, no room for nego and they dun mention anything abt 5k.

4.2k after deducted CPF contribution or before?

Unregistered 01-04-2022 02:41 AM

Quote:

Thats why the OP that said the salary is 5k/month serve micron until kumgong liao

New here 01-04-2022 09:07 AM

Quote:

Let me repeat once again: 5k effective from 1st May.
Don't ask me why HR refuse to tell potential new hire on the eventual 5k, but from my understanding after 1st May, whoever got hired with less than 5k will see the necessary adjustment. Let's wait and see. Time will tell.

New here 01-04-2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211562)
i mean i hope for the sake of others who signed with micron u are right (i took another offer) but still im having a hard time believing this cause it doesnt make logical sense. if say micron wants to up fresh grad pay, they should have done it this batch when recruiting or wait till next batch to up? when signed both parties agree to the stipulated salary and if u are telling me out of nowhere they up to 5k from the goodmess of their hearts then good for them but honestly i find that a bit hard to believe lol when they recruit at the current range they alr secured the talent they are looking for. whats increasing their pay now going to achieve?

I don't have any answer as to why the 5k is effective only from 1st May. Maybe it was a urgent review and therefore by the time everything finalise,1st May will be so called "just in time"? I don't know.
All I know is the new Gf fab will be operational on 2023, new UMC fab will be operational in 2024, new infineon AI hub will be operational on 2023 and the second ASML factory in Singapore will open in early 2023. Please go google to see all these news.

I don't know if 1st May is the right time for the pay adjustment, but given all the expansion news, does it not make sense for talent competition to enter new heights? Does it not make sense to hike the salary in view of this strong competition?

New here 01-04-2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

By the way, congrats on FCH. Yes the current pay for FCH is 4.2k effectively from the beginning 2022. Anyway, since HR refuse to divulge anything on the 5k, I shall stop talking about it as well until 1st may.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211582)
Thats why the OP that said the salary is 5k/month serve micron until kumgong liao

^^^^^^^^^^

Unregistered 01-04-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New here (Post 211593)
Don't ask me why HR refuse to tell potential new hire on the eventual 5k, but from my understanding after 1st May, whoever got hired with less than 5k will see the necessary adjustment. Let's wait and see. Time will tell.

don’t know then say u don’t know la, why u talk so much like dog

Unregistered 01-04-2022 09:48 AM

Quote:

Hi all, I happen to chance upon this forum/thread whole randomly googling "Micron". Just a brief intro of myself, I am in Micron Fab10 since 2013 upon graduation from NUS with a third class honours. The earlier posts on this thread about 3k starting pay with less than a year old bonus (excluding AWS) is true. I joined getting 3k. micron operating at lost every quarter back then and working in very stressful environment is also true.

But things changed after the new CEO Sanjay Mehrotra came onboard. This guy is super good! He brought in a whole team of executives, driving the correct business strategy to capture high value market sector, pushing new technology development while appointing the new CPO (chief people officer) April Arnzen to focus on improving the company's image, working culture, environment, benefits etc. So many things have improved over the years.

Today, Micron has taken over the technology lead from Samsung, introducing the industry's first 1-alpha DRAM and 176-layer NAND. I can assure you guys that you will be hearing more news about Micron extending the technology lead in the coming months.

Being a high-tech technology firm, Micron invests heavily in operation optimisation. We adopt AI and smart manufacturing to constantly minimise manual work, focusing on productivity. As a result, Micron managed to join the WEF Global Lighthouse Network in 2020. The use of technology helps to simply and eliminate many mundane task like data crunching via the use of very well-designed dashboard for very convenient data representation. It allows much easier problem diagnostics as well. This allows our work to be done is a much easier and effective way, which translates to much lower stress than before.

Micron Singapore managed to stay in the stop 10 Great Place To Work since the program's inception in 2019. We improved our ranking from 9 in 2019 to the current 6 in 2021. Yes, Micron is essentially a manufacturing company, producing high end memory chips, but can you imagine a manufacturing being in the top 10 GPTW list, edging out even those big names in the Tech service industries? We are ranked top amongst all semicon companies in Singapore.

Micron highly appreciate talents and view human capital as a valuable asset to the company. The REACH conversation program facilitates supervisory by providing systematic performance goal setting and devise development plans for team members to be successful. There is also the "Micron University", which is in essence the main e-learning platform that provides inhouse courses ranging from technical to soft skills available for team members to enroll for free!

Micron has a very forgiving culture. When mistakes happen, our investigations focus mainly on any system or process gaps that allows us to work in, to prevent repeats instead of finger pointing. we do not believe in "flip table, bang door, shou vulgarities" kind of culture. Everybody here is civilized. Micron is also a unionised company that strongly encourage team members to join union. Being in a managerial position, I have witness how difficult it is, to punish team members. The HR has various programs for supervisors to communicate with team member to guide them towards improvement.

Micron also has many internal programs called employee resource groups (ERG), something like a CCA that allows team members to join to for a community with certain interest. Some example of our ERGs are "Micron Women Leadership Network", "Young Micron Professionals".

In terms of work life balance, we are currently piloting a "Flexible work arrangement" that allows team member to have one day work from home per week. We will be studying the results of this pilot to further enhance in the subsequent phase.

Here comes the compensation, the executives have shared that with effect from 1 May, new fresh grad hires will be getting a flat rate of 5k. First class honours will be given additional SGD10k worth of stocks.
I have more to type, but I think that's enough. Feel free to Google what I wrote regarding the CEO, the WEF lighthouse, great place to work etc. These are all public information.

Lastly, semicon manufacturing is not dying in Singapore. In fact, we have been expanding non-stop since I joined Micron in 2013. If you ready the news, global foundries is building a new fab in SG, UMC has recently announced to build a second fab in SG. ASML just opened a new production plant in SG and has committed to expand further in SG. I expect to hear more of such semicon expansion news in SG in the coming months or even years. With the world entering a digital era that heavily relies on 5G, AI, electric vehicles, satellite application, cloud/data center etc, we are now just at the beginning of the digital revolution. Demand for semicon is assured of the next 5-10 years in a conservative sense.

You must be that idiot who can't differentiate right and left hand drive said Singaporeans can drive in Germany. Micron is run by so many foreigners and you have to compete with them, why give yourself so, much trouble? Why don't you just start in singtel and you won't even have to worry about competiton, when it is time to promote, you will promote, why do you want to trade an easy life for the kind of life in micron? Semicon is dying not only in Singapore, it is dying everywhere. You serve micron until head injured?

alex86 01-04-2022 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211605)
You must be that idiot who can't differentiate right and left hand drive said Singaporeans can drive in Germany. Micron is run by so many foreigners and you have to compete with them, why give yourself so, much trouble? Why don't you just start in singtel and you won't even have to worry about competiton, when it is time to promote, you will promote, why do you want to trade an easy life for the kind of life in micron? Semicon is dying not only in Singapore, it is dying everywhere. You serve micron until head injured?

Hey hothead !! Pay respect to whom gives information !!! We will know whether it's true or not on May.

Disclaimer: I'm not Micron employee, got an offer and denied

new here 01-04-2022 11:01 AM

I'm totally shocked to see rude commenters here. I didn't offend anyone i believe. Anyway, again like i've said, i will not be affected by the trolls, I just hope to provide some insights/information for whoever needs it. Thanks Alex86 for understanding.
I will still stay around in case anyone truly wants to know more. I am happy to share.

Like what Alex mentioned, those doubters, please wait and see after 1st May, no need to go into insults. Thanks.

new here 01-04-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211605)

"Semicon is dying not only in Singapore, it is dying everywhere" I LOL hard at this comment. Please get yourself updated. It's for your own good.
I hope you are not applying to join Micron, because we want people with growth mindset, to continuously develop and improve, and get rewarded accordingly. I don't know what is the culture in Singtel, so I don't intend to comment on it.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 11:29 AM

Actually I dont see the point of Micron offers 5k to fresh grad. Globalfoundries offers 3.7-3.9 for fresh grad, SSMC, STM about the same as Globalfoundries, UMC not sure but I think ard 4k oso.

Why Micron need to offer 5k? Does NAND price/profit increase? Else the labour cost will be crazy. Btw, Micron has a lot of Malaysia fresh grad engineer, like u say there will be overall salary adjustment, they also receive 5k??

Unregistered 01-04-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex86 (Post 211614)
Hey hothead !! Pay respect to whom gives information !!! We will know whether it's true or not on May.

Disclaimer: I'm not Micron employee, got an offer and denied

bro wat. u should literally have lead with that in ur original post LOL pls dont come here and give inaccurate info that cannot be substantiated, u might mislead ppl otherwise. u have lost all credibility by not even being in micron. literally just another rando spouting ****

Unregistered 01-04-2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Since the executives shared with the company, show some proof that there is a salary raise then. If you dont have substance to prove right now and keep saying 'please wait and see after 1st May', of course people say you serve micron until kum gong la

If OP so scared to show here, send your linkedIn profile. I will personally DM you to ask. I really want you to prove me wrong about the salary

new here 01-04-2022 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211621)
Actually I dont see the point of Micron offers 5k to fresh grad. Globalfoundries offers 3.7-3.9 for fresh grad, SSMC, STM about the same as Globalfoundries, UMC not sure but I think ard 4k oso.

Why Micron need to offer 5k? Does NAND price/profit increase? Else the labour cost will be crazy. Btw, Micron has a lot of Malaysia fresh grad engineer, like u say there will be overall salary adjustment, they also receive 5k??

I have provided the answer as to why there will be a stiff competition for talent in the industry. Let me share some quotes from my previous posts:

Quote:

Originally Posted by New here (Post 211595)
All I know is the new Gf fab will be operational on 2023, new UMC fab will be operational in 2024, new infineon AI hub will be operational on 2023 and the second ASML factory in Singapore will open in early 2023. Please go google to see all these news.

I don't know if 1st May is the right time for the pay adjustment, but given all the expansion news, does it not make sense for talent competition to enter new heights? Does it not make sense to hike the salary in view of this strong competition?

Quote:

I have a lot of information shared by the executives on the outlook for memory business which will outpace other semiconductor as the use of AI will demand much more NAND memory as compared to other semiconductor components. However, I cannot share those since they are classified for internal use only. I tried to find online for memory outlook analysis, but many reports are paid-reports.
Please feel free to search online for any available reports, or interviews that can provide you some insights on semiconductor growth.

Let me share some other publicly-available information, like Micron's Q2 financial report released just a few days ago. s://.zdnet.com/article/micron-stock-jumps-as-fyq2-results-outlook-top-expectations/

Ultimately we just need to look around us, do we all agree that semiconductor (specifically memory) is increasingly important for strategic applications include EV, 5G, AI, datacenters etc? If yes, naturally the industry will boom. The whole world including Taiwan, Japan, China, America, Singapore, Malaysia, europe, and even India are wooing semiconductor to invest in their country.

Yes labour cost will increase. But don't forget this market pie is getting bigger and bigger, revenue and profit is also increasing. (You may see the micron Q2 earnings report above. Micron CEO has already made a bold decision at the beginning of FY'22 that Micron will make the highest revenue in micron history. Now half a year has gone and we are well on track for the record.)

Lastly, 5k applies to all, regardless of nationality in Micron Singapore.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 05:18 PM

Quote:

don’t know means don’t know. stop trying to smoke your way with us here

Unregistered 01-04-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new here (Post 211644)
I have provided the answer as to why there will be a stiff competition for talent in the industry. Let me share some quotes from my previous posts:

I have a lot of information shared by the executives on the outlook for memory business which will outpace other semiconductor as the use of AI will demand much more NAND memory as compared to other semiconductor components. However, I cannot share those since they are classified for internal use only. I tried to find online for memory outlook analysis, but many reports are paid-reports.
Please feel free to search online for any available reports, or interviews that can provide you some insights on semiconductor growth.

Let me share some other publicly-available information, like Micron's Q2 financial report released just a few days ago. s://.zdnet.com/article/micron-stock-jumps-as-fyq2-results-outlook-top-expectations/

Ultimately we just need to look around us, do we all agree that semiconductor (specifically memory) is increasingly important for strategic applications include EV, 5G, AI, datacenters etc? If yes, naturally the industry will boom. The whole world including Taiwan, Japan, China, America, Singapore, Malaysia, europe, and even India are wooing semiconductor to invest in their country.

Yes labour cost will increase. But don't forget this market pie is getting bigger and bigger, revenue and profit is also increasing. (You may see the micron Q2 earnings report above. Micron CEO has already made a bold decision at the beginning of FY'22 that Micron will make the highest revenue in micron history. Now half a year has gone and we are well on track for the record.)

Lastly, 5k applies to all, regardless of nationality in Micron Singapore.

k, wanna share ur linkedin with us so we can verify bo?

Unregistered 01-04-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211622)
bro wat. u should literally have lead with that in ur original post LOL pls dont come here and give inaccurate info that cannot be substantiated, u might mislead ppl otherwise. u have lost all credibility by not even being in micron. literally just another rando spouting ****

aiya this forum full of nonsense de, but this “new here” guy like machiam spreading “rumours” by typing essays to get ppl to jump into micron ah. what’s the matter, high turnover rate ah?

Unregistered 01-04-2022 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new here (Post 211618)
I'm totally shocked to see rude commenters here. I didn't offend anyone i believe. Anyway, again like i've said, i will not be affected by the trolls, I just hope to provide some insights/information for whoever needs it. Thanks Alex86 for understanding.
I will still stay around in case anyone truly wants to know more. I am happy to share.

Like what Alex mentioned, those doubters, please wait and see after 1st May, no need to go into insults. Thanks.

no one asked for ur insights and information here, esp those that r unsubstantiated. either u disclose ur position in micron or u can just gtfo liao

Unregistered 01-04-2022 05:46 PM

Since you 'googled' about micron and found this forum, can you also google to find the nearest medical centre to cure yourself. Oh right, the nearest medical centre is within fab10 right. No wonder you so kumgong about the 5k salary

Unregistered 01-04-2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

Hey, just want to confirm with you that you're saying it is flat rate 5k for E1? how bout the FCH, do they get extra?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211729)
Hey, just want to confirm with you that you're saying it is flat rate 5k for E1? how bout the FCH, do they get extra?

4 to 4.2k for FCH
around 4k for second uppers
at least 3.5k for second lowers

OT cap max at 6.2k, but you will work like dog there without work life balance
not inclusive of bonuses yet, but this one depends on ur performance

don't listen to the retards in here preaching that 5k is coming in may, if you see it in black and white on written form in the contract, then you best believe it. but micron mass hiring from all the SG universities, so even if you try to nego higher, they will prob laugh at you and replace u w another.

also life not super rosy in micron lmao. working in micron and i can tell u a lot of ppl won't mind using micron as a springboard for better positions. u cannot progress well in here (favouritism by boss then can) and have fun with all work but no life in there. food also kinda sucks tbh

Unregistered 02-04-2022 08:36 AM

During Micron fireside chat with NTU year 4s, their talent management team claimed they did a salary review for fresh grads, and it's 5k for all new recruits starting this year, regardless of class of honours, with some sort of stock bonus for first class.

They are mass hiring. Almost every month got engagement/talks with students.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211770)
During Micron fireside chat with NTU year 4s, their talent management team claimed they did a salary review for fresh grads, and it's 5k for all new recruits starting this year, regardless of class of honours, with some sort of stock bonus for first class.

They are mass hiring. Almost every month got engagement/talks with students.

Need to see black and white, usually they pull stunts like including OT/AWS/Bonus in base pay already to hit that 5k number

Unregistered 02-04-2022 11:13 AM

mass hire means? hire and fire culture due to cyclical business?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211795)
mass hire means? hire and fire culture due to cyclical business?

not cyclical lah, but mass hiring events will mean that micron is struggling to retain talents since ppl don't see micron as a long-term employment opportunity and that many are just using it for springboard lol. looked thru candidates from micron before and most of them unhappy bc A) no work-life balance, B) slow progression after a few years, and C) job no meaning for them.

micron isn't the worst company out there since pay is meh, but it is far from being the best. can tell u that fresh grads will burn thru for 2 - 4 years before finally leaving due to being overworked. got better jobs out there cfm can pay more or about the same without the xiong OT life

Unregistered 02-04-2022 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211802)
not cyclical lah, but mass hiring events will mean that micron is struggling to retain talents since ppl don't see micron as a long-term employment opportunity and that many are just using it for springboard lol. looked thru candidates from micron before and most of them unhappy bc A) no work-life balance, B) slow progression after a few years, and C) job no meaning for them.

micron isn't the worst company out there since pay is meh, but it is far from being the best. can tell u that fresh grads will burn thru for 2 - 4 years before finally leaving due to being overworked. got better jobs out there cfm can pay more or about the same without the xiong OT life

What are the better job in semicon? Or switch industry? Singtel MAP dun hire them tho

Unregistered 02-04-2022 01:29 PM

woah wtf, really 5k for fresh grad. people who went for today's recruitment just had info