Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

Unregistered 09-12-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cron (Post 59850)
Hi Dixie,

Could you kindly share what firm is this? Thanks

this kind of starting package even higher than intl bank ma program should be one of the oil supermajors

Unregistered 09-12-2014 05:23 PM

Likely either Shell or Exxon...

Unregistered 12-12-2014 11:24 AM

i find ridiculous that a bunch of jialiaobees hrbp in my co. who know nothing are making nearly twice the amt for proper qualify accountant or engineers in the co.

Unregistered 13-12-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59965)
i find ridiculous that a bunch of jialiaobees hrbp in my co. who know nothing are making nearly twice the amt for proper qualify accountant or engineers in the co.

sometimes i can't help but agree with you. you see the operational departments crying out for more worker bees but no, budget this and that. next moment you see a new VP HR coming in and then all kinds of fancy "HR Partners" and the like who don't last more than 6 months.

i notice a lot of GLC HR Heads are taitais who manage to get close to the CEO. imagine, how can a head of HR be no 2 in the whole organisation, in front of the CFO?? then you see her flying all around the world to conduct retarded training/HR programs for the subsidiaries.

what a waste of $$ and resources.

Unregistered 13-12-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59991)
i notice a lot of GLC HR Heads are taitais who manage to get close to the CEO. imagine, how can a head of HR be no 2 in the whole organisation, in front of the CFO?? then you see her flying all around the world to conduct retarded training/HR programs for the subsidiaries.

what a waste of $$ and resources.

Which GLC has HR Head as no.2 after CEO? I work in quite a number of GLC before including Singtel, JTC and Keppel Land, afaik the HR heads there are very weak and get bullied left right centre by CFO/COO and sometimes even GM/MD of the big subsidiaries.

I know some top global MNC really put in a lot of effort in their people capital and HR is very powerful there, but honestly I never see HR in a GLC that is taken seriously by senior management.

Unregistered 14-12-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59999)
Which GLC has HR Head as no.2 after CEO? I work in quite a number of GLC before including Singtel, JTC and Keppel Land, afaik the HR heads there are very weak and get bullied left right centre by CFO/COO and sometimes even GM/MD of the big subsidiaries.

I know some top global MNC really put in a lot of effort in their people capital and HR is very powerful there, but honestly I never see HR in a GLC that is taken seriously by senior management.

In my co. Although it is not specifically mentioned who is no 2 but it is by no coincidence that all the org charts are drawn in such a way that the HR head is the second name in the line of other Div/Regional Heads/EVPs.

In any org it should be the CFO without a shadow of doubt.

Unregistered 14-12-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60052)
In my co. Although it is not specifically mentioned who is no 2 but it is by no coincidence that all the org charts are drawn in such a way that the HR head is the second name in the line of other Div/Regional Heads/EVPs.

In any org it should be the CFO without a shadow of doubt.

And what exactly is your company?

Not trying to be rude here, but earlier you made pretty strong allegations that a lot of HR heads in GLCs are just tai tai who get close to CEO and end up as no. 2.

Am I right to clarify that:

1) You were just referring to your particular company instead of what you had earlier alleged was common observation across GLCs.

2) Even in your own company, according to official hierarchy the HR Head is NOT the de jure no. 2 and you were deducing the fact that he/she was no. 2 based on your interpretation of organization charts.

Also as a side note although it is the more usual occurrence that CFOs end up as no. 2, there is a significant minority of companies out there where others such as Dy CEO, COO, CIO or subsidiary heads are the 2nd in command. This is far from "without a shadow of doubt".

I am not doubting your claims on what has happened in your company because it seems plausible that such cronysim exists, but you should not make broad sweeping allegations and statements simply based on your limited work experience in certain companies.

Unregistered 20-12-2014 12:46 AM

Mondelez - Executive Recruiter Asia Pacific & EMEA
s://.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/18709420

Mondelez - Senior HR Business Partner, Asia Pacific
s://.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/12537787

Unregistered 20-12-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60258)
Mondelez - Executive Recruiter Asia Pacific & EMEA
s://.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/18709420

Mondelez - Senior HR Business Partner, Asia Pacific
s://.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/12537787

The Mondelez SHRBP role is available in the market for quite a while already, our team was just 1 of the many search firms out there that got this assignment.

The key challenge was what they wanted and what they were prepared to pay just wasn't realistic. They essentially wanted a very experienced level sort of regional/global HR generalist project manager from companies that are top industry leaders.

Budget was only 300k basic max and bonus from our understanding was only average among FMCGs and way below oil & gas, banking or pharma. Plus the market reputation that the organization is very messy post Kraft-Cadbury merger turns off people.

We tried to approach a few potential candidates that fit their criteria and nobody was even interested in a preliminary chat, it was just not a practical sell if you ask me.

Unregistered 21-12-2014 04:06 PM

Mondelez already merge so many years still haven't integrate properly, just shows the quality of the top management.