Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 15-12-2023 03:46 PM

FAJT only relief and babysit? Like real. Many schools facing severe perm staff shortage are depending on FAJTs for survival. This means some FAJTs have almost full load including FTship, CCA teacher. Only don't have stupid boliao committees and can leave earlier.

Unregistered 15-12-2023 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263119)
FAJT only relief and babysit? Like real. Many schools facing severe perm staff shortage are depending on FAJTs for survival. This means some FAJTs have almost full load including FTship, CCA teacher. Only don't have stupid boliao committees and can leave earlier.

CAJTs have CCA, FAJTs do not. They are under different schemes

Unregistered 16-12-2023 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263119)

Then why I got rejected when I applied for teaching post? I'm determined to be a teacher.

Unregistered 16-12-2023 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262738)
That's interesting. EO salary is supposed to be higher than MX scale, at least at the start. At least when I compare with my batchmates at MOH.

Then again, if you are both 2 year in service, and graduated from NUS, your EO friend would still be in NIE having completed Contract teaching. GEO2(UT) salary is quite stagnant throughout this period. Their next major increment would be GEO2(T) which should see your salaries start matching up and even more so at GEO3 which was given a major boost during salary revision.

All these... either you're not making a fair comparison and trying to rile up unhappy sentiments on a platform where you know teachers are reading or you're just a troll who is just **** at producing fake data.

I stuck in MX13(I) for more than 10 years.. no promotion at all.. :(

Unregistered 16-12-2023 07:29 AM

The fact that there are many vacancies does not automatically translate into the system accepting any Tom, Dick and Harry.

Encourage u to read the many pages in this thread to find out for yourself. Lifelong learning yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263148)
Then why I got rejected when I applied for teaching post? I'm determined to be a teacher.

Unregistered 16-12-2023 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263150)
The fact that there are many vacancies does not automatically translate into the system accepting any Tom, Dick and Harry.

Encourage u to read the many pages in this thread to find out for yourself. Lifelong learning yeah

wait am i reading this wrongly? there are many vacancies????

Unregistered 16-12-2023 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263148)

Schools are facing manpower crunch in specific subject units or departments.

However, at the national level, MOE is trying to reduce EO headcount, hence it is difficult to get hired as a perm EO.

Unregistered 16-12-2023 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263108)
Yes, they are paid by hours. Cap of 30 hours for each
week but the hourly pay is not as high as mentioned
in the article, at least not that I know of

yes there's a cap... any extra hour after is volunteer work.

there's a lot of over generalisation in this piece... many of fajt for 'subject' harder to find people are also doing full load. recently covered full time table, FTship, department work, and after sch prog for staff on maternity as an ex geo3.

whatever is portrayed in the letter is not true for all...

Unregistered 17-12-2023 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263159)
Schools are facing manpower crunch in specific subject units or departments.

However, at the national level, MOE is trying to reduce EO headcount, hence it is difficult to get hired as a perm EO.

This is so weird...manpower crunch everywhere, but still doing such contradictory moves?

Is it always about the money in the end?

Unregistered 17-12-2023 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263219)
This is so weird...manpower crunch everywhere, but still doing such contradictory moves?

Is it always about the money in the end?

money and politics - move to justify to non-edu politicians the declining population and theoretically lesser local students, but deliberately neglect that the needs of the new kids are higher more than ever