Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 17-05-2023 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248459)
Care to share some snippets?

Just like what was mentioned in the post, just open your laptop and go to Intranet and search a little

Unregistered 17-05-2023 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248462)
Just like what was mentioned in the post, just open your laptop and go to Intranet and search a little

Doesn't say much

Unregistered 17-05-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248449)
Hi

Does anyone knows how long does a non-scholar KP takes to progress from GEO 5 to SEO 1? And from SEO 1 to 2?

Nobody can say for sure. Really depends on many factors eg performance, availability of vacancies at higher subgrades etc.

Unregistered 18-05-2023 10:14 PM

Anybody hear rumours abt possible news from HR regarding middle managers in schools?

Unregistered 18-05-2023 10:53 PM

Worrying Trend

I am not sure about other schools but in my school a lot of teachers are leaving the service and most of them are the younger ones who are earmarked for future leadership roles. Those who stay behind, are getting more and more work and P have already said there will be no replacement. Things are getting more and more unsustainable.

Unregistered 19-05-2023 06:23 AM

Yup, agree with how things are becoming more and more unsustainable. The ones who are left are the older teachers or the management team that believe in ideas planted into their heads - such that every child is not at fault, we should try our best to support them at the expense of ourselves, every child is intrinsically motivated, teachers should always understand the child, parents are always right. Only in LKY era will we get someone who is candid and unabashedly honest to tell parents or people to quit their demanding or hurtful behaviours.

Things cannot change with a fixed mindset. I get that we have to set principles to work on and base decisions on it, but some ideas need to evolve with times or we are ending up with students like America who would bring guns to school.

Unregistered 19-05-2023 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248522)
Anybody hear rumours abt possible news from HR regarding middle managers in schools?

How can we find out more ?

Unregistered 19-05-2023 08:30 AM

Pls share more about these rumors

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248522)

Unregistered 19-05-2023 03:42 PM

Only useless dumb young ones will stay

Unregistered 19-05-2023 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248525)
I am not sure about other schools but in my school a lot of teachers are leaving the service and most of them are the younger ones who are earmarked for future leadership roles. Those who stay behind, are getting more and more work and P have already said there will be no replacement. Things are getting more and more unsustainable.

Should take the chance to leave before it's too late. Things will only get worse and worse if manpower policy remains the same.