Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 02-05-2023 08:07 AM

started as dip ed in 2007.
became 2A1 in 2010. B
emplaced at 2014, became GEO3. C+
Promoted to GEO4 in 2016. C
NPL in 2018.
Resumed service in 2019. C, C, C+, B
2023, still GEO4 (5.8k), given internal role.
age, 40+

any further chance of progression given my age?
or shall i just become HOT

:)

Unregistered 02-05-2023 01:09 PM

The situation is so bad.

My colleagues are going on ML, NPL, HL and I had two colleagues who tendered.

No new teachers coming. At the same time, we had to juggle classes, extra classes, programmes, events, admin and make sure that there are no errors.

I didn't even talk about marking.

My friend from other schools are talking about quitting the service.

On top of all of this, we do not get much appreciation from the school and we are abused by students and parents. They are allowed to be disrespectful towards while we plan and slog our guts out to give them a pleasant schooling experiences. We do not have any ways to protect ourselves. Not all of our actions are recognized or given that bonus.

Unregistered 02-05-2023 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247491)
The situation is so bad.

No new teachers coming. At the same time, we had to juggle classes, extra classes, programmes, events, admin and make sure that there are no errors.

On top of all of this, we do not get much appreciation from the school and we are abused by students and parents. They are allowed to be disrespectful towards while we plan and slog our guts out to give them a pleasant schooling experiences. We do not have any ways to protect ourselves. Not all of our actions are recognized or given that bonus.

Agreed and i feel u 100%. No pt talking bout it anymore. Am leaving.

Unregistered 02-05-2023 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247491)
The situation is so bad.

And headcount is still "in excess" according to HQ. It seems that HQ is where the headcount is in excess.

Unregistered 02-05-2023 08:39 PM

I'm quite curious about what happens to the school, classes or the department when 2 or 3 people from the same department resigns at the same time within short notice.

Anyone witnessed this before?

Unregistered 02-05-2023 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247509)
I'm quite curious about what happens to the school, classes or the department when 2 or 3 people from the same department resigns at the same time within short notice.

My guess: scramble to cover vacancies, temporary extra loading of staff, hiring of whatever FAJT/RTs are available, monitoring a revolving door with temp staff who don’t work out…

Not sure how common such a situation is, but I don’t find it all that difficult to imagine!

Unregistered 02-05-2023 09:37 PM

How to stay in teaching? Teaching used to be something noble and respectable....

Unregistered 02-05-2023 09:47 PM

Re-deploy roles lo. Existing members get more duties, including teaching roles if not max yet. School can always hire FAJTs to cover non graduating classes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247509)

Unregistered 02-05-2023 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247521)
Re-deploy roles lo. Existing members get more duties, including teaching roles if not max yet. School can always hire FAJTs to cover non graduating classes

fajts already maxed out in some schools

Unregistered 03-05-2023 08:37 AM

How to max out fajts?