Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 07-01-2023 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238310)
No.. they are not the same. “Internal” appointments occur frequently when there is not enough quota for KP. The school is waiting for a kp vacancy to be available to send the person for interview. The downside is that the “internal” KPs have no way of knowing if they will eventually be appointed (if the SLs decide to play politics). Some schools may not even be given the headcount for these extra HODs. But they play with the title to appease the appointees. “Acting” KPs are indicate that these positions are available. The “acting” KP would need to acquire experience (if it is a new portfolio for them” or they are placed under supervision and guidance to groom them for the appointment interviews. Most acting KPs should get an interview between 6 months and one year.

If a covering KP covered more than 5 years, what are some of the possibilities and will the post be taken off?

Unregistered 07-01-2023 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238312)
If a covering KP covered more than 5 years, what are some of the possibilities and will the post be taken off?

Don't you think that to 'cover' for more than 1 year is already ridiculous? Much lest 5 years?

If need to cover someone, the reason is that the school is shorthanded, and awaiting replacement manpower to come in.

If need to cover for 5 years, the school management is either sleeping on the job, or taking the person for granted.

Should either officially appoint the person to take up the role, or find someone else to cover.

Unregistered 07-01-2023 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238319)
Don't you think that to 'cover' for more than 1 year is already ridiculous? Much lest 5 years?

If need to cover someone, the reason is that the school is shorthanded, and awaiting replacement manpower to come in.

If need to cover for 5 years, the school management is either sleeping on the job, or taking the person for granted.

Should either officially appoint the person to take up the role, or find someone else to cover.

Covering is rly bullsheet.

Unregistered 07-01-2023 03:51 PM

there is a chio young teacher newly posted to my school. always wear short skirt. see her gstring panty a few times already. keep cannot concentrate in class.

are teachers allowed to wear gstring to school?

Unregistered 07-01-2023 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238312)

5 years? Wow. Why?

Unregistered 07-01-2023 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238319)

Sample Sentence: I cover my colleague’s duty when he is on leave.

Covering just means that you are covering someone’s duties. The job is not yours. They could have found you fit for official appointment. If they haven’t, don’t get gaslit into believing they will especially when you see others going for interviews/when SLs get KPs from other schools to assume these positions. Some schools are very good at gaslighting their teachers into believing that the system is unfair etc. Most likely, the SLs are the ones take these statements from some HR circulars out of context. It was only when they went 3 more schools, I realised the HR practices were quite different. And I was conned into believing it.

Unregistered 07-01-2023 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238330)
5 years? Wow. Why?

I also want to know why, is it the school is full and no space for a kp (is there such thing?) or the person is incapable?

Unregistered 08-01-2023 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238326)
there is a chio young teacher newly posted to my school. always wear short skirt. see her gstring panty a few times already. keep cannot concentrate in class.

are teachers allowed to wear gstring to school?

Cannot. Everyday RO will do spot check.

Unregistered 08-01-2023 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238373)
Cannot. Everyday RO will do spot check.

y ro no check her?

Unregistered 08-01-2023 10:52 PM

There seem to be some new SH roles being created in recent years, like SH ECG / Student wellbeing / Partnerships etc. which didn’t seem to exist previously. Is this supposed to help create more leadership opportunities by giving schools more kp quota?