Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 10-11-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148838)
Hi, I am informed that I need to attend a medical checkup by MOE. But no offer yet. Is it uncommon? Normally, companies would offer the contract before asking you to attend medical right?

Thought question. If I have HIV upon medical check-up, the prospective employer would be under no obligation to compensate me.

Go for medical check-up first, then employ.

Unregistered 11-11-2020 09:37 AM

CAJT Application

Anyone applied for CAJT for 2021? Heard anything from the school / MOE?

Unregistered 12-11-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148921)
Hi everyone, what are the progression norms of different CEP for each substantive grade? E.g., if your CEP is p8, how long does it take to move from GEO3 to 4? Vs p7, P6, p5? Anyone from ranking panel or HR able to clarify?

There may be certain guidelines and HR may flag out officers for consideration for promotion, but the school is not rigidly bound by any norms or requirements. So knowing the guidelines is pretty much useless.

Anyway the CEP system is going to be overhauled next year.

Unregistered 12-11-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Hi everyone, what are the progression norms of different CEP for each substantive grade? E.g., if your CEP is p8, how long does it take to move from GEO3 to 4? Vs p7, P6, p5? Anyone from ranking panel or HR able to clarify?

Is hentak kaki at GEO3 such a widespread serious problem? There has been a lot of discussion about people getting stuck at GEO3 for bajillions of years. Why not just change school if they don't stretch you or value your career development? Find a proper nurturing working environment, don't get shortchanged.

Unregistered 12-11-2020 09:49 PM

Is it true that moe teachers sidelining as tuition teachers is an open secret at work?

Unregistered 13-11-2020 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149050)
Is it true that moe teachers sidelining as tuition teachers is an open secret at work?

Secret? It’s not disallowed.
Most of my friends in Sec sch have no time nor energy to give tuition... unless teaching less “heavy” subjects or really b motivated for the extra $ and they usually only have 1 or 2 max.

Friends in pri sch tend to be the ones who can give tuition.

Unregistered 13-11-2020 02:38 AM

Quote:

Who knows?
We don’t even know our own cep lol.
But logically the ones with higher cep are promoted faster so they can reach their highest grade on time (before retirement)

Unregistered 13-11-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149050)

Its an open secret. You can give tuition up to 6 hours a week. Permanent sec did mention to seek clearance from p. But most if not all won't declare.

Unregistered 13-11-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149084)
Its an open secret. You can give tuition up to 6 hours a week. Permanent sec did mention to seek clearance from p. But most if not all won't declare.

New guide to seek approval from SL even if it is one hour of tuition.

Unregistered 13-11-2020 06:25 PM

May I know how difficult it is to get an A at GEO 5 if you are a hod or Lh?