Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 19-10-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147073)
Out of curiosity, how rare is an A?

Very, easier for lower sub grade <geo3. I have gotten A at Geo 4 before, but really slogged my guts out. On top of that, you got to make sure all the evils do not stab in the back during ranking.

For Geo 4/5, usually top officer is B, hardly A even for KPs.

XXYY 21-10-2020 03:24 PM

Did anyone go for the interview of PDGE position recently? Can share your experience? Is there any language test after the interview?

Soon to be SH (hopefully) 26-10-2020 08:15 PM

Difference btw SH CCE & HOD CCE

Hi, heading for interview soon.
Please help. What is the difference between HOD CCE and SH CCE. My ro asked this question. She is a HOD and she says that she also doesnt know the answer.
Any thoughts. Appreciate reicate all the kind people here

Unregistered 26-10-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon to be SH (hopefully) (Post 148123)
Please help. What is the difference between HOD CCE and SH CCE. My ro asked this question. She is a HOD and she says that she also doesnt know the answer.

It really depends on how the school has dissected (or intends to dissect) the "CCE pie". CCE is a huge portfolio and I know schools have varied and creative ways to allocate the roles to the various KPs involved. In some schools, the SH CCE looks after specific domains of CCE such as Service Learning, or Character Education, which the HOD CCE may look after the other domains (CCE curriculum, lifeskills, cyber-wellness, peer support, SEL).

Unregistered 26-10-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147513)
Hi all,

Can CEP be raised by 2 grades in a setting?

Thanks!

Anyone on ranking panel has an answer to this?

Unregistered 26-10-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148130)
Anyone on ranking panel has an answer to this?

Someone already responded earlier.

I've not seen anything that explicitly prohibits this, but I've never seen it happen either. I believe panels will generally be more conservative and only raise by one in a single year.

That said, I've seen it being raised twice in a row before (i.e. raised two grades over two years)

Unregistered 26-10-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon to be SH (hopefully) (Post 148123)

You can look up the job descriptions for HOD / SH and infer the difference. Basically, SHs assist HODs. Generally up to the two how the work is to be split among them (although VP might also weigh in on this).

Unregistered 27-10-2020 10:20 PM

New teacher

Hi, just wanna ask do u have to work the full year to be entitled to bonus? Or will it be prorated accordingly to the number of months worked?

Unregistered 28-10-2020 12:00 PM

Advice to BT (Local Scholar)

Will be graduating from NIE PGDE next year.

Would like to check that for a Teaching Scholar (Local),
(a) What is the starting CEP?
(b) Average years to reach each substantive grade (GEO 3, 4, 5, etc.)
(c) Will school accord greater opportunities / exposure (higher stake), even for BTs?
(d) Any other advice to boost Performance grade / CEP / maximize career growth.

Unregistered 28-10-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148248)
Will be graduating from NIE PGDE next year.

Would like to check that for a Teaching Scholar (Local),
(a) What is the starting CEP?
(b) Average years to reach each substantive grade (GEO 3, 4, 5, etc.)
(c) Will school accord greater opportunities / exposure (higher stake), even for BTs?
(d) Any other advice to boost Performance grade / CEP / maximize career growth.

Sorry ah. Mai kan chiong. You focus on getting confirmation first. In your first few years, the most important thing to do is to display a willingness to learn and the willingness to apply what you have learnt and reflect on areas for improvement.

TSL doesn't enjoy much in the way of "automatic" or "given" advantages over others. You will have to work for it.